• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun at Va Center Commons...Looks like Obama does

Badger Johnson

Nice of the cops to declare that they support the right of the homeowner to resist burglars, particularly since the homeowner used his bare hands. (???)

Yes, we the police support wrestling down the suspect, in case anyone was wondering. Sheesh.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nice of the cops to declare that they support the right of the homeowner to resist burglars, particularly since the homeowner used his bare hands. (???)

Yes, we the police support wrestling down the suspect, in case anyone was wondering. Sheesh.

I wonder if Obama told the Secret Service to find the scoundrels and "Bust a cap in their a##.:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Really p poor security for the van, hence radically lax security for the POTUS.

Might be a couple of the security detail reassigned to parts unknown over that.

Can you imagine the "aw snit" reaction when the thieves realized what they had - presuming they had no prior knowledge.

Blk97F150

OMG his teleprompter is stolen!! How is he ever going to talk to the public now??!!!

Well.... ok.... that might be a good thing... ;)

M

McX

Stole his TelePrompTer. Mercifully short speech today.

i didnt know he could read, always struck me as a store front preacher. i'm going to check ebay and see if i can get the Presidential Seal that got ripped off.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
i didnt know he could read, always struck me as a store front preacher. i'm going to check ebay and see if i can get the Presidential Seal that got ripped off.

Try Craigslist first> I expect it's there:banana:

scouser

thebigsd said:
Ah, now the title of the thread makes sense. Funny how the other link relates to self-defense. It does seem very odd that someone was able to steal the truck, perhaps an inside job?

seems like it was just parked in the hotel parking lot. The problem with parking commercial vehicles like this at a hotel is you often have to leave them some distance from the building just in order to find the space to put them. The more sensitive vehicles they have with them are kept somewhere else when not in use, I saw one of the suburbans (one with a 360 degree camera on the roof) leaving its 'storage' this morning on my way to work.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
seems like it was just parked in the hotel parking lot. The problem with parking commercial vehicles like this at a hotel is you often have to leave them some distance from the building just in order to find the space to put them. The more sensitive vehicles they have with them are kept somewhere else when not in use, I saw one of the suburbans (one with a 360 degree camera on the roof) leaving its 'storage' this morning on my way to work.

I too saw reference to the vehicle having been found - now cannot find a link, nothing, nada.

Was it stolen or did the Secret Service temporarily forget where the parked it? :uhoh:

scouser

Grapeshot said:
I too saw reference to the vehicle having been found - now cannot find a link, nothing, nada.

Was it stolen or did the Secret Service temporarily forget where the parked it?

I believe the one that was 'lost' was a box truck type vehicle, like someone could rent from Ryder or Penske. I heard it disappeared from Courtyard Marriott and was found in another hotel parking lot near the airport. I think what I posted earlier may have been misinterpreted. I meant that it was originally just parked in the parking lot of the hotel as any other commercial vehicle might be. I realize that the way I worded it, someone could think I was saying that it was also found in the same place they had left it, suggesting they forgot where they put it. That was not the case, it was unlawfully removed from its parking location near an urbanized mall and reappeared in another urbanized part of town. Draw your own conclusions.

The other vehicle I made reference to (the black suburban), I'll tell you how I knew what it was the next time I see you. A little early to know for certain right now, but I think Courtney's 'little boyfriend' (as she called him as we were walking in RCD this past weekend) will be out of town with his mom from Thursday until Saturday afternoon

TFred

It was the wrong link for his subject, but a real eye opener just the same. Further evidence that I am not crazy for carrying around the house as much as possible.
Ha, I just pulled up that "wrong" link, it was a DC news outlet, but it was the story of the guy in Fredericksburg who tackled and held a burglar in his home. The burglar was quite a busy guy, suspected in 6 other crimes within the past week... sandwiched around time in jail for one of those, and bonding out over the weekend.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2011/102011/10182011/659137
http://fredericksburg.patch.com/articles/burglar-thwarted-by-retired-marine

TFred

lagmonkey

In one of those articles they describe the home owner as a "25-year old retired Marine" ... not sure they got the facts right on that one. I guess he could have been medically retired (that is how my brother left the Corps) but methinks some facts may be skewed here.

Anyhow, the ultimate kicker of this tale for me was:

" ... tackled White and forced him to the floor. The handgun which White had stolen fell out of his waistband and bounced on the floor."

Bad Devil Dog! Bad! You left a weapon unsecured?! :shocker: