• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not happy with our CCW class...

protias

Thanks P, see ya friday? I'll be there. boar out.:D

Not this week my friend. My church has their fish fry 3rd Friday of the month and my pastor is continuing tradition to have a questions and answers type of thing during the fall, winter, and spring. I will be there Nov 4, vehicle carrying and all.

wild boar

What The Hell!

I hope this makes sense to those we helped put in office. It seems clear to me that they expect to be one term servants. U.S. senator Johnson will not respond to any of my Emails, Gov Walker stabbed us in the back,it just doesn't make any sense. Did Walker say anything at all to support what J.B. did with authority SB 93 didn't give him. Just... WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? boar out. :banghead:

bmwguy11

Walker didn't stab us in the back. These DOJ rules are not Walker's fault. Walker was upset that the DOJ did this crap, and told JB Van Hollen to fix it with the permanent rules.

professor gun

I think the problem here is that the DOJ is likely still filled with Doyle appointees who are sympathetic to his opposition to concealed carry and are now in a position to make it as difficult as possible.

As for the instructor in the OP, there is no excuse for that behavior. I am an instructor and have been running some 4 hour and 8 hour classes registered with the NRA with added sections on the WI CCW law. Students did receive certificates at the end of each course that did not contain what DOJ is now requiring. I am now making up all new certificates with the required information and those should go out in the mail by this Friday to all who were in my classes over the last two months. I just consider that my duty as an instructor to all of those who have been in my classes; anything less is totally unacceptable.

HandyHamlet

Walker didn't stab us in the back. These DOJ rules are not Walker's fault. Walker was upset that the DOJ did this crap, and told JB Van Hollen to fix it with the permanent rules.

Keep telling yourself that.

And make sure your yearly subscription to Political Theater hasn't expired.

:)

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/123110233.html

Walker says concealed carry bill should require training, permits
Wisconsin's 'constitutional carry' proposal wouldn't include those provisions

By Tom Held of the Journal Sentinel

June 3, 2011

Gov. Scott Walker, who had been silent on the specifics of a bill he would support, issued a statement that formalized his position: "If a concealed carry bill reaches my desk, it should include a permit and training provisions."

Captain Nemo

Caveat Emptor. When a deal sounds too good to be true it usually is. There are a lot of bloodsuckers out there hoping to make a quick buck on the new law. I guess based on bmwguy's experience everyone knows one question that should be asked before taking a class.

ksks

If it was stated in writing that a product was offered for a specific price that would cover a particular issue, seems you have opportunity to ask for money back, or it made right for free. I wouldn't back down on it.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Ding Ding Ding Ding, we got a winner!

Caveat Emptor. When a deal sounds too good to be true it usually is. There are a lot of bloodsuckers out there hoping to make a quick buck on the new law..

I have been warning several people in my area to not waste their time and money on any courses offered over the summer in my area, I even confronted a person organizing one of the classes and asked that she be very clear and honest with the people foolish enough to waste their money that the class they are paying for may not do them a spot of good until the DOJ gets their collective head out of their rectum and gets the ball rolling the direction our legislators demanded.

In the mean time, I am sitting here with a duplicate of my WIDNR hunters safety cert from 1982 waiting for the POS-DOJ to get applications posted.

WTF, I planned on carrying legally in less than 2 weeks, I guess I will continue to take my chances a little longer.

bmwguy11

Keep telling yourself that.

And make sure your yearly subscription to Political Theater hasn't expired.

:)

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/123110233.html
First, please don't derail this thread. And second, don't put "spin" on the facts. If you want to continue your complaining do it in the 4 page thread on the topic.

Walker supported the idea of a training requirement, which you seem to think is enough cause to blame him for everything you don't like about SB93 and the DOJ rules. Walker also said he'd sign any bill that came his way with or without training. He said he thought the bill should have training/permit, but he didn't say "if it doesn't have these things I won't sign the bill".

But fine, I'll play devil's advocate. Let's go ahead and blame Walker for the training requirement. Walker still signed one of the BEST CCW bills in the country for a state going from no-carry to carry, especially considering how historically liberal our state is. Was it perfect? No. But it was pretty damn good. And, it was very lenient on the training requirements.

The DOJ then decided to come up with the BS rules we now have to face. Walker didn't have any part of that, and in fact was upset about it, and told the AG to fix it in the permanent "rules".

So seriously, stop talking about Walker as if he's this progressive liberal democrat in sheep's clothes. He is far from it. And stop putting blame where blame is not due. And if you really thought we would get constitutional carry off the bat in this state, that really was a wet dream. Will it happen? Probably. But to go from nothing to CC instantly was always an incredibly unlikely prospect.

Last edited:

bmwguy11

If it was stated in writing that a product was offered for a specific price that would cover a particular issue, seems you have opportunity to ask for money back, or it made right for free. I wouldn't back down on it.

You are correct, and I won't back down from it, but in the meantime it won't be resolved by Nov 1st.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

But to go from nothing to CC instantly was always an incredibly unlikely prospect.
Wisconsin has had, for as long as I can remember, indeed, still has, constitutional carry, just not concealed carry.

It is sometimes difficult to justify devoting a monitor and time here when flash trading is so profitable. Back to work.

HandyHamlet

So seriously, stop talking about Walker as if he's this progressive liberal democrat in sheep's clothes. He is far from it. And stop putting blame where blame is not due.

Your words not mine.

Spin it how you want. Walker lied. No matter what you say it will not change this simple fact. He did NOT sign any bill that came across his desk.

He wanted training, he got it. Now he is trying to cover his ass. We can all read here. We are aware of what the bill said prior to Walker's interference and the Brother's Grim and their stonewalling. Don't want to derail your own thread? Stick to the facts.

So seriously. Stop with the spin.

;)

EDIT:

And if you really thought we would get constitutional carry off the bat in this state, that really was a wet dream.

With respect man, I can't pass this up. I really tried.

Let me get this straight.

We have a Republican majority. Republican Governor. Republican AG.

Yet Constitutional Carry is a wet dream. Hell, I'll add Stand Your Ground to the wet dream....

:banghead:

Last edited:

lockman

State Researcher
check with Paul to be sure, but i think i heard him mention an out of state permit will meet the requirement too, maybe get the Penn. Non-Res. if it does, and they are still handing them out. Like $25 bucks i think i paid. figured i'd toss a copy of that in with the Utah class paperwork to cinch my permit.

PA no longer accepts mail order applications, must show in person as of Jan 1, 2011.

M

McX

PA no longer accepts mail order applications, must show in person as of Jan 1, 2011.

Dang. what about renewals? i got my card all laminated and stuff!

Lockman 1300 visit i think- no fly, no bus for you! (see other thread)

Jason in WI

So I reached out to our instructor about getting an updated certificate, and they basically sent out a mass email that first says the rules for what is needed is not yet finalized. (yes, it is) It goes on to say that if we do not have our Utah permit and we need an updated affidavit/certificate/whatever, we'll need to pay a fee to get this information

I can see maybe a small fee for mailing and time if the class didn't specifically say it was good for Wisconsin, not cool but fair. Being advertised as good in WI, this shouldn't be an issue and it's pretty lame they aren't just making it right.

They also give another option of taking the same class (again) at a reduced rate in which they would provide new certificates that have the correct info.

:cuss: That would seriously piss me off! Funny how updating the certs is a major deal but if you spend more money it becomes a non-issue.

BLAH /rant
I don't blame you a bit, I almost sent some people to that class because they couldn't make it to the one with the yellow cat.

I know people have been warning not to take classes until the DOJ did there thing but I honestly didn't think it would be an issue. Realistically it shouldn't be a problem to get the updated info and I hope this is just an isolated incident/training company. Thanks for letting us know as I have lots of people asking about training and now I know not to send anyone to those guys.

Hope they figure out they are ******* off most of the people who took the class as of late and do the right thing and get you set up.

Interceptor_Knight

I have been warning several people in my area to not waste their time and money on any courses offered over the summer in my area, I even confronted a person organizing one of the classes and asked that she be very clear and honest with the people foolish enough to waste their money that the class they are paying for may not do them a spot of good until the DOJ gets their collective head out of their rectum and gets the ball rolling the direction our legislators demanded...

So long as the students did not procrastinate and instead sent their Utah application in immediately, the classes are NOT a waste of time nor money as a copy of the Utah permit is guaranteed proof of training...