• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My 100 place OC Bucket List (moving to maryland)

ImJustMylan

Well I dont actually have a list of all the places I want to OC. But this will be an updating list of all the places I HAVE OC'd at.

I am leaving NC to live in MD. Of course there the whole OC thing is out of the window there. So in anticipation of my depature. I will try to OC in 100 different places before October 25th 2011. I got started yesterday...

10/17/11- Decided to take a walk down South Blvd in Charlotte. Beautiful day to OC.

1. Chick-fil-a - Got some lemonade to energize me for my walk
2. Wireless Outlet - Looked for an iphone but they didnt have it.
3. Healthy Home Market - See if they had any IGF supplements.. NOPE
4. Shell Gas Station - Ideal Way & South Blvd. Got some water.. too much sugar from Chick-fil-a lemonade
5. Mac's - OC'd passed a gang of people eating outside no responses
6. Lowe's - went to see what they had, browsed, the parking lot security followed me off property.. HA
7. Five Guy's - OC'd passed a gang of people eating. One kid asked if I was a cop to their dad.
8. Chipotle - Was going to go in but i realized how far down I had walked from home. I decided just to do a OC circle
9. Subway -$5 footlong deal I couldnt pass up..

End of Day

10/18/11 - Decided to walk again on South Blvd. Not as far this time as it began to rain on my parade.

10. Duds n Suds - I wanted to see what the laundromat had in the vending machine.. LOL
11. Auto Zone - Went to see if they had any car chargers for my phone.. Too high
12. Circle K Gas Station -Went to get Gatorade ended up with a vitamin water. The
attendant eyeballed me the whole time. Even before I entered.
13. CarQuest - Car chargers again Nothing. When I walked in all 3 associates went silent
and began to eyeball my hip. PROGRESS!!
14. T-Mobile - I went cause i thought they had the new iphone 4.. no. so mistaken
15. Walgreens - Car chargers but nothing. Got several looks
16. Home Depot - See if they had reasonable prices locks for my gun case
17. Family Dollar - See if they had any good dog costumes for my Boston Terrier
18. TJ Maxx - Looked for some back packs I could use as a carry-on
19. Burlington Coat - Was gonna walk in but they arent open yet. All the employees
were outside. They got quiet show
20. CVS - Finally got a Gatorade, saw some dog costumes.. nothing I liked.

End of Day (due to the rain)

10/19/11 - Didnt get a chanceto go out today.. I've got double time planned for tomorrow

didn't get a chance to OC 10/20/11 either. had to finish job for client.

10/21/2011 - OC'd in Charlotte,NC (University) & Concord,NC all day.. boy are my feet hurting..

21. Walmart concord - Bought Bullets
22. Eagle Guns - shot those bullets
23. auto zone - Had them check engine light
24. barber shop - was in need of a cut... BAD
25. hi life smoke shop - just opened checked it out
26. global computers - looked @ desktop pcs
27. FedEx office - looked for a particular ink pen
28. Sprint - looked @ the new iPhone 4s
29. At&T - store was so busy didn't even get service
30. play n trade - looked for used PS3s
31. walgreens - bought a Starbucks energy drink
32. Ashley furniture - mattresses are too expensive
33. Ross - security eye balled me the whole time
34. pier 1 importants - just looking
35. Michaels - got my mother info on jewelry classes
36. TJ Maxx - bought my bday outfit
37. Rack Room Shoes - looked for shoes
38. GNC - looked for IGF-1 items.. only 1
39. office depot - worst selection of tablets
40. hh.gregg - what is the point of this store?
41. Ross - Looked for clothes & shoes
42. a.c. moore - looked for t-shirt iron ons
43. petco - bought my dog a rain coat
44. dollar tree - just stopped in
45. pier 1 imports - Looked for Maragrita glasses
46. dsw shoes - Looked @ Shoes for Bday outfit
47. sports authority - Checked out some 12 gauges
48. Kangaroo Express - Got some Munchies
49.Game Stop- To see prices on PS3s
50. Ollie's - killed some time
51. New York Shoes & Electronics
52. Harris Teeter

end of day

10/22/11 My Birthday I got a chance to OC with some fellow OC.org'ers in North Lake

53. Best Buy - Felt like every customer stopped what they were doing to look at me
54. Off Broadway - Checked for Dress shoes
55. Office Max - Checked for PCs and software
56. PetSmart - Got a replacement Toy for my dog
57. Five Guys - Ate an overpriced burger & OC'd with some buddys
58. Game Stop - Checked for Used ps3s dead in there
59. Shoe Carnival - Wanted to OC some more
60. Old Navy - Wow this store has become such a dump
61. Dollar Tree - Looked around
62. Mattress Firm - Looked for a new bed for my mother.
63. REI - Looked @ the Five Finger shoes.. super expensive
64. Vitamin Shoppe - By far the best selection of HGH supplements
65. Verizon - Looked @ their selection of phones.
66. Hess Gas Station - Got a Sprite before I went out
End of Day

10/23/11 - Didn't get a chance to OC today.. was recovering from all the booze from last nights birthday festivities. When I got up it was time to head to the Steelers bar to watch the game (cant OC in there).. Im going to try and knock out 34 places tomorrow.. I think its possible and Im gonna try my hardest to make my goal..

Last edited:

Dreamer

What sector of the Peoples Republic of Murderland are you moving to? I just moved up there a few weeks ago, and I've been on a one-man Empty-Holster Open Carry crusade the entire time, and will continue as long as I can.

I'm in Columbia MD, and work in Rockville. Drop me a line if you are going to be in my area, and we'll get together. I make monthly trips to VA (Fairfax) to visit friends, go to the NRA range, and spend a day in Freedom and Liberty, proudly OCing the minute I "cross the moat" in to the Commonwealth...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What sector of the Peoples Republic of Murderland are you moving to? I just moved up there a few weeks ago, and I've been on a one-man Empty-Holster Open Carry crusade the entire time, and will continue as long as I can.

I'm in Columbia MD, and work in Rockville. Drop me a line if you are going to be in my area, and we'll get together. I make monthly trips to VA (Fairfax) to visit friends, go to the NRA range, and spend a day in Freedom and Liberty, proudly OCing the minute I "cross the moat" in to the Commonwealth...

Dreamer,

Hit me up next time you are going to be in the Fairfax area.

Imjustmyian,

Sorry to hear that you have to move to Maryland. Hopefully you will also pick up the EHOC campaign. Stay safe.

Last edited:

ImJustMylan

Why Maryland? You won't be able to carry there at all, you know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I have come to grips with that fact. But Im ready to get back to my friends and family. Live in a place that I know and love. I will however be investing in a x26 taser gun or this 2.5 million watt stun gun until I can get my right credentials to OC and/or CCW. But I will still have my gun for home invasion purposes. Until I leave, I gonna rock out with my glock out as much and as often as I can despite anything I've said in the past.

ImJustMylan

Oh nice, I will be in Baltimore for a little until i can find a decent job in Montgomery county mainly -- Silver spring, Gathersburg, or Rockville. And yeah that will work. We can make it happen captain

Dreamer

...until I can get my right credentials to OC and/or CCW. But I will still have my gun for home invasion purposes.

Unless you are "WWW" (White, Wealthy, and Well-connected) you have about a 99.999% chance that your application for carry in MD will be DENIED. Perhaps you should consider making a 5- or 6-digit contribution to Governor O'Malley's relection campaign--that is the sort of thing that can really "grease the skids" for obtaining a permit in MD.

The only exceptions are if you are getting it for work (you carry cash, drugs, or jewelry), or you have ALREADY been attacked and survived in good enough condition to fill out the application (and attach a copy of the police report of your attack).

Work-related permits in MD are "restricted" to only be legit while you are "on duty". They DO NOT give you the privilege of carry in MD when you are not "on the clock".

"unrestricted" permits in MD are about as rare as Constitutional Politicians in Annapolis. Of the tens of thousands of permits currently active in MD, almost ALL of them are "restricted" and/or work-related. Fewer than 200 of them are "unrestricted" and most of THOSE are issued to politicians, judges, attorneys and celebrities. MD doesn't make specifics of it's permits public, but some sources estimate that fewer than 60 of the "unrestricted" permits in MD are in the hands of "average citizens", and almost EVERY ONE of them had to get brutally attacked and have proof in the form of a police report to get that permit.

For instance, US Senator Babs Mikulski and State Sen. Brian Frosh both have MD permits (and are both some of the loudest voices in their respective assemblies AGAINST 2A rights for Citizens, BTW).

But someone like me--a 20-year USPSA competitor, with CC permits in NC, PA and UT, and working on getting my NRA Instructor certifications, and with a family to protect--can't get a permit in MD to save my life--literally...

My wife, OTOH--who is a flaming leftie, and doesn't even like guns, could get a MD "restricted" permit in a heartbeat, because she is a home-care nurse, and routinely carries Schedule II drugs in the course of her work.

Oxycodone, wads of Benjamins in a bank deposit bag, and gold jewelry and coins are precious and valuable enough to the State of MD to protect with deadly force, but my 2-year-old granddaughter is not.

In the last 4 years, I've been pretty active in MD 2A politics, and I have met only one person who was not ex-LE who has an unrestricted permit-- a nurse from Johns Hopkins who was mugged in her own parking lot a few months after being denied her permit application (she works in the trauma ward at JH, and they get a lot of threats from gang members because they patch up their victims frequently--but apparently verbal death threats from gangbangers isn't a "justifiable reason" under MD law...) But after she was attacked, and had to be hospitalized, she re-applied with copies of the police and ER reports of her attack, and they gave her a permit--which in MD is only good for 2 years--and you can't just "renew"--you have to go through the ENTIRE review process all over again, and they can rule that your "threat" is no longer "immanent" and deny your renewal...

The MD General Assembly in Annapolis and the MD State Police in Pikesville are organized criminal enterprises, and are staffed by and large by sociopaths--end of discussion.

Al that said, good luck with your MD permit application. I hope you have $180 (or somewhere around that much) to just flush down the toilet, because that is probably what you are doing if you're just an "average Joe" trying to get a permit to carry in MD.

Keep us posted though--I love rooting for the underdog!

Last edited:

ImJustMylan

al that said, good luck with your md permit application. I hope you have $180 (or somewhere around that much) to just flush down the toilet, because that is probably what you are doing if you're just an "average joe" trying to get a permit to carry in md.

Keep us posted though--i love rooting for the underdog!

f.m.l.

Last edited:

JC_Biggs

if they deny you, the sue the state... if you arent a criminal, or a danger to yourself and others then they have no right to deny you. i bet it boils down to the fact that no one has really challenged the state. remember the constitution of the US is the SUPREME law of the land and they CANNOT infringe your 2a right to bear arms. bring the point that by not being allowed to OC or CC they are doing just that.

Last edited:

Dreamer

if they deny you, the sue the state... if you arent a criminal, or a danger to yourself and others then they have no right to deny you. i bet it boils down to the fact that no one has really challenged the state. remember the constitution of the US is the SUPREME law of the land and they CANNOT infringe your 2a right to bear arms. bring the point that by not being allowed to OC or CC they are doing just that.

Actually the CAN, and they DO.

In fact, the MD AG issued an official directive in 1996 stating that the Second Amendment DOES NOT apply in MD, because the MD State Constitution has no guaranteed RKBA.

And a MD Judge recently (in Jan. 2011) issued a ruling stating the same thing--that the RKBA does NOT apply in MD.

So despite Heller and McDonald, the MD Judiciary still seems to believe that people have no right to keep and BEAR arms inside it's borders.

JC_Biggs

Actually the CAN, and they DO.

In fact, the MD AG issued an official directive in 1996 stating that the Second Amendment DOES NOT apply in MD, because the MD State Constitution has no guaranteed RKBA.

And a MD Judge recently (in Jan. 2011) issued a ruling stating the same thing--that the RKBA does NOT apply in MD.

So despite Heller and McDonald, the MD Judiciary still seems to believe that people have no right to keep and BEAR arms inside it's borders.

the MD AG does not overule the constitution of the US. I don't know what the Supreme court case was exactly that the justices made that clear, but i bet if someone with enough time and money challenge MD they would win their rights. would it have to go all the way to the SC... probably. saying the Constitution of the US doesnt apply to the MD residents effectivly means you arent a State. lol