Thread: Got a random thank you today

Got a random thank you today

Was just about finished up with my shopping at Woodmans East today when a guy smile and walked up to me. He said "You're Auric Gold." I said, "Yeah, I am. How did you know?" He replies, "You're easily recognizable." (I was in full WCI "uniform," i.e., WCI tee shirt, gun.) He shook my hand and said "Just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work." I told him thanks and that we intend to do that. So to all my fellow WCI members, and non-members who also fight the good fight, let me pass along a random stranger's gratitude to you. And mine too!
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

That's kinda cool. I got a random "thank you for your service". It was in passing so I couldn't even correct her. But it made me smile. I think every time your out and carrying like it's an everyday routine, your making an impression on somebody, hopefully it's a positive one.

I just recently had a conversation with a 13 yr old that asked if I carry it everywhere(I was at a store). I said yeah pretty much. It's kinda like your cell phone. You don't leave home without it. You don't leave it at home until you need. You carry it with you in case you need it right... "I seen the light go on and hit home"
    Last edited by Motofixxer; 10-18-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

+1
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Nothing like people thanking law abiding citizens for exercising their rights.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I had the same thing when i helped my brother out at his fireworks stand in Baraboo this summer. A guy came up to me and said thank you. It took me a minute to realize what he was thanking me for, then we talked for a few. Also had a guy from Florida talk to me about it because he had to leave his at home because we didnt have concealed or reciprocity yet. Told him the law was changingand he'll be good to go soon. But never had any problems.
    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot"
    -Joe Deters, Hamilton County Prosecutor

Now I lay me down to sleep
    Beside my bed a Tuarus I keep
    If I awake to find you inside
    A coroner's van will be your next ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Was just about finished up with my shopping at Woodmans East today when a guy smile and walked up to me. He said "You're Auric Gold." I said, "Yeah, I am. How did you know?" He replies, "You're easily recognizable." (I was in full WCI "uniform," i.e., WCI tee shirt, gun.) He shook my hand and said "Just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work." I told him thanks and that we intend to do that. So to all my fellow WCI members, and non-members who also fight the good fight, let me pass along a random stranger's gratitude to you. And mine too!
    So how many have ever caught the duplicity of your name? Heh.

Nice job man.

Spent over 20 years in Air Force supporting and defending the Constitution and never had a stranger thank me and Shotgun gets a thanks just for exercising a constitutional right...go figure LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by gdyslin View Post
    Spent over 20 years in Air Force supporting and defending the Constitution and never had a stranger thank me and Shotgun gets a thanks just for exercising a constitutional right...go figure LOL!
    Thank you for defending our country!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    i've only gotten one thank you for carrying. no one likes their mechanic so i never have to worry about thank yous there. but it's ok, you should hear the things i tell your cars about you behind your backs!

I work part time at Lowe's in Renton. All Lowe's stores give a 10% discount to veterans with military IDs, retired and active duty. Whenever someone presents their military ID, or I see someone in uniform, I always thank them for their service to our country. Whether you agree politically or not, they deserve our thanks for taking time out of their lives to serve. BTW, I am also a vet, Army 1965-68.

I have run into a lot of young people that might be done a world of good by being in the military for a few years! It might give them some discipline and some direction to learn a skill. Then I read in the news that the Navy boots 60 some for drugs! Times have certainly changed!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I have occasionally been thanked as well. Most recently on the 4th of July when a gentleman and his wife thanked me for standing up for our rights.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Thank you!
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Thank you and also please thank your loved ones for the sacrafices made during the time you spent defending my right to be a american under both the the Federal and State Constitutions. You also have my respect for having the courage to do what you did...

On Point of the OP: I have also had a few thank you's and positive comments while carrying....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 10-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

I think it wasn't simply because I was wearing a gun, but he probably recognized me from the approximately 20 TV news appearances and numerous newspaper and radio interviews over the past year. After that much exposure locally I'm sure a lot of people look at me and think "oh, it's that guy....." I'm beginning to suspect Madison PD has the same reaction now whenever they happen to drive past and I'm out and about in the neighborhood.

There are many ways one supports and defends the Constitution, your military service is certainly not the least among them, and I salute you for it! The Air Force always treated us very well when my business took me to them back in my Army days. I never got caught up in the [even friendly] rivalry between branches of service. My AIT included a number of Marines, and the class leader happened to be a Marine Sgt. The Marines stationed at the US Consulate in Munich welcomed us and opened up their house to us on weekends to play pool and have beer. In fact there was a guy there who was like the real life "Animal Mother" from Full Metal Jacket, but that's another story for another time.

I have a great deal of pride and respect for every branch of our armed services. I hope that is shared by everyone.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Every time they play the Star Spangled Banner, I thank you and all those like you. I just can't sing loud enough for everyone to hear me!

Too many I knew and served with, that did not come home, or did not come home, the same person that left. Vietnam, Somalia, Bosnia, Desert-Storm, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom.

What, pray-tell, is an "Auric Gold"?
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    A mix of Chuck Norris, Ethan Hunt, Dr. House and a touch of James Hetfeild.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    This is THE Auric Gold. Defender of the Constitution. How about a little respect?

http://www.thedailypage.com/isthmus/...?article=31451

And thank you all who have served and sacrificed for this country.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-21-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    i always thought he was a T-1000. Poly-Techno-Metal- Alloy.

Very good PR AG (Shotgun). May I suggest a followup?

After some permits are issued: assemble an interview with several permit holders...suggest a couple of women, Shotgun with his long hair, maybe a couple black businessmen, a farmer...you know, a cross section of people in your community, some CC and some OC.

The picture of AG is good, now for a good followup...more good PR. The more people see that WCI is representing a cross section of the community, the better.