Thread: AACFI will take care of Certificates for FREE even if from BDJ or other former AACFI

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

AACFI will take care of Certificates for FREE even if from BDJ or other former AACFI

AACFI has pledged to "Do what it takes" to take care of all past students. It does not matter if your certificate is from BDJ or another former AACFI instructor. If need be they will ship you out a new certificate at no charge to the student.

That's great news. Hopefully all the training companys will step up and the DOJ's requirements will just be a small bump in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    AACFI has pledged to "Do what it takes" to take care of all past students. It does not matter if your certificate is from BDJ or another former AACFI instructor. If need be they will ship you out a new certificate at no charge to the student.
    Unlike some other instructors in this state. *cough* Bender and PPA *cough*
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

My experience

with AACFI differs greatly from those presented here. Perhaps they crossed their fingers when making "the pledge".

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
    with AACFI differs greatly from those presented here. Perhaps they crossed their fingers when making "the pledge".
    Welcome back, Uzi, I don't believe that you have posted since my uncloaking/un-lurking. You are among the finest posters here. Please contribute more frequently, we need more signal than noise, and more insight than hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
    It is not productive nor even worth posting unless you can give specifics. AACFI representatives have publicly stated that they will take care of certificates for past students. If you have ANY issues with your certificate you can call them direct.. 9529352414.

It is not productive nor even worth posting unless you can give specifics. AACFI representatives have publicly stated that they will take care of certificates for past students. If you have ANY issues with your certificate you can call them direct.. 9529352414.
    This. Being directly affiliated with AACFI as an Asst Instructor I do concur.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I like the spirit, but is AACFI saying it will provide a new certificate for a course taught by a former AACFI instructor? AACFI can't have someone else sign the affirmation if they didn't teach the class.

A signed statement by the instructor who taught the firearms safety or
    training course
    to the applicant affirming that the course satisfied
    the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. Jus
    17.03(8) and that the applicant successfully completed the course.

If someone wants to submit fraudulent docs, does DOJ really think all this trivial paperpushing is going to deter anyone who wants to submit fraudulent documents? Does somebody there believe that anyone dishonest enough to want a fraudulent license would bother to obtain a license at all?

Quote Originally Posted by LaBomba View Post
    I like the spirit, but is AACFI saying it will provide a new certificate for a course taught by a former AACFI instructor? AACFI can't have someone else sign the affirmation if they didn't teach the class.

A signed statement by the instructor who taught the firearms safety or
    training course
    to the applicant affirming that the course satisfied
    the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. Jus
    17.03(8) and that the applicant successfully completed the course.

If someone wants to submit fraudulent docs, does DOJ really think all this trivial paperpushing is going to deter anyone who wants to submit fraudulent documents? Does somebody there believe that anyone dishonest enough to want a fraudulent license would bother to obtain a license at all?
    The original certificate should have the instructors signature. The "new" certificate will contain the "updated" needed language. Just guessing, but... combined, they should satisfy DOJ.

I've already received, via e-mail, an "Addendum" to my AACFI certificate from BDJ, which contains all the necessary information. It was sent to all former students.

Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post
    The original certificate should have the instructors signature. The "new" certificate will contain the "updated" needed language. Just guessing, but... combined, they should satisfy DOJ.

I've already received, via e-mail, an "Addendum" to my AACFI certificate from BDJ, which contains all the necessary information. It was sent to all former students.
    Safcrkr, is the addendum signed? If it's not, I very much doubt it will get you your CCP. Could BDJ scan a signed affirmation and email it to you? The DOJ wants the signature on a statement of compliance. If your instructor doesn't sign the actual statement, it won't fulfill DOJ's plan to have a document it could use to persecute fraud. From the DOJ website:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ealedCarry.asp

Why does the DOJ Need This Information?
    Sec. 175.60(17)(c) Wis. Stats. prescribes a criminal penalty for an instructor who intentionally submits false documentation indicating that an individual has met the training requirements. The only way for the DOJ to ensure this statutory obligation has been met is to have the instructor affirm their compliance on a certificate or attached document.

See DOJ's "model" certificate for the kind of legalese they're after.

It's not right, but it's what's required.

Safcrkr, is the addendum signed? If it's not, I very much doubt it will get you your CCP. ....
    Especially since the DOJ recognizes AACFI as a legitimate and respectable training organization, my money is on the new BDJ document along with the original certificate being accepted for the Wisconsin Resident License...
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 10-20-2011 at 11:17 PM.

... my money is on the new BDJ document along with the original certificate being accepted for the Wisconsin Resident License...
    You mean a copy of the original certification? If you give them your original then you no longer have any certification...
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Especially since the DOJ recognizes AACFI as a legitimate and respectable training organization, my money is on the new BDJ document along with the original certificate being accepted for the Wisconsin Resident License...
    This ^
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    You mean a copy of the original certification? If you give them your original then you no longer have any certification...
    a photocopy of the Original cert

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Most certainly.... Of course

Safcrkr, is the addendum signed? If it's not, I very much doubt it will get you your CCP. Could BDJ scan a signed affirmation and email it to you? The DOJ wants the signature on a statement of compliance. If your instructor doesn't sign the actual statement, it won't fulfill DOJ's plan to have a document it could use to persecute fraud. From the DOJ website:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...ealedCarry.asp

Why does the DOJ Need This Information?
    Sec. 175.60(17)(c) Wis. Stats. prescribes a criminal penalty for an instructor who intentionally submits false documentation indicating that an individual has met the training requirements. The only way for the DOJ to ensure this statutory obligation has been met is to have the instructor affirm their compliance on a certificate or attached document.

See DOJ's "model" certificate for the kind of legalese they're after.

It's not right, but it's what's required.
    AFAIK, the part that needs the instructor's signature is the affirmation that the student completed the prescribed course. That part of the requirements is on the original certificate... which is signed, twice. Once for the classroom portion, once for the range portion. What's missing from the original certificate is length of class in hours, location where class was held, instructor's address & phone number.

I followed through on the class and obtained out-of-state permits, so I don't need a training certificate. I've got MN & FL permits to submit.

As for the instructor's address & phone number, how stupid is that? People DO move. My class was in 2005. How many people here have moved since 2005 and gotten new addresses & phone numbers?
    Last edited by safcrkr; 10-21-2011 at 09:22 AM.