• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AACFI will take care of Certificates for FREE even if from BDJ or other former AACFI

Interceptor_Knight

AACFI has pledged to "Do what it takes" to take care of all past students. It does not matter if your certificate is from BDJ or another former AACFI instructor. If need be they will ship you out a new certificate at no charge to the student.

Jason in WI

That's great news. Hopefully all the training companys will step up and the DOJ's requirements will just be a small bump in the road.

protias

AACFI has pledged to "Do what it takes" to take care of all past students. It does not matter if your certificate is from BDJ or another former AACFI instructor. If need be they will ship you out a new certificate at no charge to the student.

Unlike some other instructors in this state. *cough* Bender and PPA *cough*

H

Herr Heckler Koch

with AACFI differs greatly from those presented here. Perhaps they crossed their fingers when making "the pledge".
Welcome back, Uzi, I don't believe that you have posted since my uncloaking/un-lurking. You are among the finest posters here. Please contribute more frequently, we need more signal than noise, and more insight than hindsight.

Interceptor_Knight

with AACFI differs greatly from those presented here. Perhaps they crossed their fingers when making "the pledge".

It is not productive nor even worth posting unless you can give specifics. AACFI representatives have publicly stated that they will take care of certificates for past students. If you have ANY issues with your certificate you can call them direct.. 9529352414.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
It is not productive nor even worth posting unless you can give specifics. AACFI representatives have publicly stated that they will take care of certificates for past students. If you have ANY issues with your certificate you can call them direct.. 9529352414.

This. Being directly affiliated with AACFI as an Asst Instructor I do concur.

LaBomba

I like the spirit, but is AACFI saying it will provide a new certificate for a course taught by a former AACFI instructor? AACFI can't have someone else sign the affirmation if they didn't teach the class.

A signed statement by the instructor who taught the firearms safety or
training course
to the applicant affirming that the course satisfied
the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. Jus
17.03(8) and that the applicant successfully completed the course.​

If someone wants to submit fraudulent docs, does DOJ really think all this trivial paperpushing is going to deter anyone who wants to submit fraudulent documents? Does somebody there believe that anyone dishonest enough to want a fraudulent license would bother to obtain a license at all?

safcrkr

I like the spirit, but is AACFI saying it will provide a new certificate for a course taught by a former AACFI instructor? AACFI can't have someone else sign the affirmation if they didn't teach the class.

A signed statement by the instructor who taught the firearms safety or
training course
to the applicant affirming that the course satisfied
the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. Jus
17.03(8) and that the applicant successfully completed the course.​

If someone wants to submit fraudulent docs, does DOJ really think all this trivial paperpushing is going to deter anyone who wants to submit fraudulent documents? Does somebody there believe that anyone dishonest enough to want a fraudulent license would bother to obtain a license at all?

The original certificate should have the instructors signature. The "new" certificate will contain the "updated" needed language. Just guessing, but... combined, they should satisfy DOJ.

I've already received, via e-mail, an "Addendum" to my AACFI certificate from BDJ, which contains all the necessary information. It was sent to all former students.

LaBomba

The original certificate should have the instructors signature. The "new" certificate will contain the "updated" needed language. Just guessing, but... combined, they should satisfy DOJ.

I've already received, via e-mail, an "Addendum" to my AACFI certificate from BDJ, which contains all the necessary information. It was sent to all former students.

Safcrkr, is the addendum signed? If it's not, I very much doubt it will get you your CCP. Could BDJ scan a signed affirmation and email it to you? The DOJ wants the signature on a statement of compliance. If your instructor doesn't sign the actual statement, it won't fulfill DOJ's plan to have a document it could use to persecute fraud. From the DOJ website:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp

Why does the DOJ Need This Information?
Sec. 175.60(17)(c) Wis. Stats. prescribes a criminal penalty for an instructor who intentionally submits false documentation indicating that an individual has met the training requirements. The only way for the DOJ to ensure this statutory obligation has been met is to have the instructor affirm their compliance on a certificate or attached document.

See DOJ's "model" certificate for the kind of legalese they're after.

It's not right, but it's what's required.

Interceptor_Knight

Safcrkr, is the addendum signed? If it's not, I very much doubt it will get you your CCP. ....

Especially since the DOJ recognizes AACFI as a legitimate and respectable training organization, my money is on the new BDJ document along with the original certificate being accepted for the Wisconsin Resident License...:dude:

Last edited:

safcrkr

Safcrkr, is the addendum signed? If it's not, I very much doubt it will get you your CCP. Could BDJ scan a signed affirmation and email it to you? The DOJ wants the signature on a statement of compliance. If your instructor doesn't sign the actual statement, it won't fulfill DOJ's plan to have a document it could use to persecute fraud. From the DOJ website:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp

Why does the DOJ Need This Information?
Sec. 175.60(17)(c) Wis. Stats. prescribes a criminal penalty for an instructor who intentionally submits false documentation indicating that an individual has met the training requirements. The only way for the DOJ to ensure this statutory obligation has been met is to have the instructor affirm their compliance on a certificate or attached document.

See DOJ's "model" certificate for the kind of legalese they're after.

It's not right, but it's what's required.

AFAIK, the part that needs the instructor's signature is the affirmation that the student completed the prescribed course. That part of the requirements is on the original certificate... which is signed, twice. Once for the classroom portion, once for the range portion. What's missing from the original certificate is length of class in hours, location where class was held, instructor's address & phone number.

I followed through on the class and obtained out-of-state permits, so I don't need a training certificate. I've got MN & FL permits to submit.

As for the instructor's address & phone number, how stupid is that? People DO move. My class was in 2005. How many people here have moved since 2005 and gotten new addresses & phone numbers?

Last edited: