• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stolen Guns

.45ACPaddy

I'd like to see them redo that video but have the kid walk around.

Oh, wait, it would defeat their argument because it would be OBVIOUS that he had a bunch of guns on him, especially with that shotgun making him walk like a pirate with a peg leg.

Back to the original topic: I certainly hope they recover the stolen firearms and return them to their rightful owner.

tombrewster421

Oh, wait, it would defeat their argument because it would be OBVIOUS that he had a bunch of guns on him, especially with that shotgun making him walk like a pirate with a peg leg.

Back to the original topic: I certainly hope they recover the stolen firearms and return them to their rightful owner.

+1 lol

divedog

I live in kitsap county also and work in Port Orchard. I had someone try and break into my house last month. While I was at work I received a phone call from my alarm company, they said there was a trigger from my back sliding door and asked if I wanted the police dispatched, the police were sent. All of my guns except the one I keep in the night stand are in a 800 LBS safe that is bolted to the floor. A lot of bad thoughts were going through my head on the half hour drive home. The police arrived minuets before I did, the LEO was behind my house when I pulled up, I asked him if they had broken out the glass? He said no, it looks like they tried to get in the back slider, I keep a dowel rod in the track so they only got it open about a half an inch. He said anybody that goes in there with that DOG is crazy. Turns out my 70 lbs pit bull met them at the back door and they decided to go try somewhere else.

The LEO told me there is allot of daytime burglaries happening in this county and a big dog rely helps. After this incident I took pictures etc of everything in the safe and asked my insurance company how much $10,000 in coverage would cost on a gun writer, $50 a year.

If I see any of the guns on the list in my travels I will notify the man.

amlevin

I live in kitsap county also and work in Port Orchard. I had someone try and break into my house last month. While I was at work I received a phone call from my alarm company, they said there was a trigger from my back sliding door and asked if I wanted the police dispatched, the police were sent. All of my guns except the one I keep in the night stand are in a 800 LBS safe that is bolted to the floor. A lot of bad thoughts were going through my head on the half hour drive home. The police arrived minuets before I did, the LEO was behind my house when I pulled up, I asked him if they had broken out the glass? He said no, it looks like they tried to get in the back slider, I keep a dowel rod in the track so they only got it open about a half an inch. He said anybody that goes in there with that DOG is crazy. Turns out my 70 lbs pit bull met them at the back door and they decided to go try somewhere else.

The LEO told me there is allot of daytime burglaries happening in this county and a big dog rely helps. After this incident I took pictures etc of everything in the safe and asked my insurance company how much $10,000 in coverage would cost on a gun writer, $50 a year.

If I see any of the guns on the list in my travels I will notify the man.

A couple of comments:

First, the drive home was 30 minutes and the Cops arrived only "minutes before" you did". That would indicate a rather LONG response time unless you sped and cut a bunch off the normal drive time;)

Second, don't forget to add the cost of carpet cleaning if you leave a dog in the house all day for "security". Even well trained dogs rarely have a 8-12 hour bladder:):)

amlevin

Check with the Fed's

The Fed's just busted a bunch in White Center and seized over 50 firearms. White Center is only a ferry boat ride from the So Kitsap County area. With all the drug activity there guns have become a form of "currency".

divedog

A couple of comments:

First, the drive home was 30 minutes and the Cops arrived only "minutes before" you did". That would indicate a rather LONG response time unless you sped and cut a bunch off the normal drive time;)

Second, don't forget to add the cost of carpet cleaning if you leave a dog in the house all day for "security". Even well trained dogs rarely have a 8-12 hour bladder:):)

It regularly takes the police 30 min or more to respond where I live. My dog has at least a 12 hour bladder, he is getting older and I make sure I come home straight after work. Only had an accident like twice, small price to pay for security with so many crack heads running around.

Drazhar Rakarth

YARR Blunder

Paddy mentioned Pirates?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_1FJGCAPxo

GUNSHOW this weekend. I hope a few people are taking laps to help our community members. Mayhaps we'll get lucky and recover some.