• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good OC responce

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Like SovereignAxe said, my problem is phonetic. I know this about my self and have tried hard to fix it, but my brain does not work like that. Personally I think it has something to do with mild ADD growing up mixed in with bad schools until 6th grade. I am a good writer if i take the time; when it comes to spelling I can not even tell when IM making a mistake. When I'M sleep deprived all that goes out the window :cry:

Wholey smoke, Bratman![sic] :lol:

The kid really can do it if he puts his mind to it! A+ for making the effort. Now all you need to do is keep it up. And remember not to post when you are sleep-deprived unless, of course, you want to go back to being thought of they way lots of folks here have been more than eager to share in detail. When all we have to create our mental image of you is your written word it is good to try and present a decent image.

stay safe.

MilProGuy

WOW!! You all should be proud! I'll bet this person won't post on this forum again. If this person is a service member in Afganistan, I doubt that English grammar is at the top of his/her prioities right now. The OP was trying to share something, an experience they had, and got shot down instead. Everybody has different skill levels with different things, it doesn't make them any less as a person.

It might be nice, if once in awhile, we all quit the criticizing and just accepted that we are all different with different skills and abilities.

Yes, it would.

Jack House

Wow. Seriously wow. My ten year old, fourth grade daughter can write a paragraph that makes better grammatical sense than this.
That was uncalled for. Mocking someone because they lack the ability to spell does nothing but demonstrate your own low self esteem. By mocking people in such a way, you are attempting to lower them while putting yourself on a pedestal. A tactic often employed by schoolyard bullies.

To those complaining about headaches caused by the poor spelling of the OP: Does it really hurt you that much to exercise your brain? Heaven forbid you actually have to exercise your brain every once and a while.

Daylen

Like SovereignAxe said, my problem is phonetic. I know this about my self and have tried hard to fix it, but my brain does not work like that. Personally I think it has something to do with mild ADD growing up mixed in with bad schools until 6th grade. I am a good writer if i take the time; when it comes to spelling I can not even tell when IM making a mistake. When I'M sleep deprived all that goes out the window :cry:

Firefox can be a very helpful browser for the spelling impaired; it's what I use.

MITCH

Good oc response

This has nothing to do with the OP post, except I recently read that the State of Nevada now requires that a high school senior is required to get a passing grade of 60% on a test designed to be given to a six grade student.
What ever happened to the requirement that you must get at least 75% on a test designed for your grade level ?
Mitch

Redbaron007

My ADHD kicked in.....so what is the jest of the OP's comments?

So it sounds like he posted while under the influence...lack of sleep! :lol: