• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nothing new

MilProGuy

Thanks for posting the link to an interesting read.

It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Phssthpok

Comment left....we'll see if it makes it past the censors:

"That’s pretty onerous action to take against other elected officials," Marcus said. "It’s almost like bullying." ...said the pot to the kettle.

The state law preempting local regulation went into effect over 20 YEARS ago, and has been largely ignore by counties and municipalities who illegally prosecuted innocent citizens during that time precisely BECAUSE there were no penalties for doing so.

"I think (legislators) have overstepped," said County Commissioner Shelley Vana, a former legislator who supports pursuing the lawsuit. "Local control is extremely important." Apparently, Vana, it's more important than the legally established, and constitutionally protected rights of your citizens. The truth of the matter is that you and your ilk have been flagrantly violating state law for over twenty years to the detriment of innocent victims, and are now being held personally liable (meaning taxpayer monies cannot be used to defend yourself or pay any penalties) for such actions in the future.

Isn't that what this is REALLY all about? That you are no longer able to claim 'above the law' status?