• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberty memorial, security guards threaten arrest for filming.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
I was visiting my wife at work (the Fed ) the other day I walked by the protesters OMG the looks I got was funny there just a bunch of hippies down there LOL
as far as the LM I have never actual went

ChiangShih

These weren't occupy wall streeters. These were two men filming on another matter. Also, I would be careful to generalize the OWS protests. The media likes to paint sides into these protests and that is not the case. There are many republicans, ron paul supports, free market capitalists, and tea partyers taking part in these protests. The American news networks are trying very hard to paint them as a dismissable group of hippies at odds with other large (and armed) social movements such as the Tea Party. The OWS are against over reaching corporate influence in modern politics and I think that is something we can all get behind. That said, this video is a clear example of rights violation on behalf of Fed Reserve security. They took it upon themselves to follow these men onto the LM which is public property and force them to leave for not identifying themselves. The irony is this happened on a monument built in the name of liberty. IMO this requires a show of discontent.

Last edited:

ChiangShih

I didn't realize it was 2 years old when I first watched it, but man it still pretty enraging.

peterarthur

I have OC'd inside and outside the memorial. Not sure if OC inside is actually OK but several guards ignored me.

An OC rally outside would be a great idea.