Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Great news

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    81

    Great news

    Cant' talk about it, but anyone whom read about my incident, it's being taken care of and i'm sure you'll soon hear the good news. Just one question off topic, is that class taken online offered by, what was it, vermont pd or whatever it was, was that good and acceptable? Sorry if it's posted obviously somewhere, just like to know as i wanna be rockin asap, for winter of course, summer im right back to open carry. Thanks.
    When seconds count between life and death the police are only minutes away - Philip Van Cleave

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgLEGibyXs The Right of the People to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7...eature=related

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Good to hear!

    As for the online training, it is the Maryland Online Training.

    http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

    Some say it won't be accepted, others say it meets the letter of the law.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  3. #3
    McX
    Guest
    good news is hard to come by at this end, and these days. i hope everything gets solved in your favor, then back to the world for you!

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Way to keep us in suspense. Hope everything works out well.

    Anybody have a link to an article about the incident?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  5. #5
    McX
    Guest
    well, there was this guy, and he was doing this thing, then the cops came, and they didnt like his thing, and they took, and treated him poorly. boy does this sound familiar.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Way to keep us in suspense. Hope everything works out well.

    Anybody have a link to an article about the incident?
    No. The text in the thread he started was deleted. I know what he said, but I'm not going to divulge the information. Let some time pass and you'll see it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    No. The text in the thread he started was deleted. I know what he said, but I'm not going to divulge the information. Let some time pass and you'll see it.
    Thanks! No problem. I'm a patient guy.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  8. #8
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Good to hear!

    As for the online training, it is the Maryland Online Training.

    http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

    Some say it won't be accepted, others say it meets the letter of the law.
    Whether or not it meets the letter of the Statute is irrelevant on November 1st as it does not comply with the "Emergency" rules. Hopefully the legislature puts a smack-down on these rules and knocks them back in line with the legislative intent.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Whether or not it meets the letter of the Statute is irrelevant on November 1st as it does not comply with the "Emergency" rules. Hopefully the legislature puts a smack-down on these rules and knocks them back in line with the legislative intent.
    This...^^^^ +1

    Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    Cant' talk about it, but anyone whom read about my incident, it's being taken care of and i'm sure you'll soon hear the good news. Just one question off topic, is that class taken online offered by, what was it, vermont pd or whatever it was, was that good and acceptable? Sorry if it's posted obviously somewhere, just like to know as i wanna be rockin asap, for winter of course, summer im right back to open carry. Thanks.
    Glad to hear it!

    Can't wait for it to be over so you can let us all in on the story.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    wi
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Good to hear!

    As for the online training, it is the Maryland Online Training.

    http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

    Some say it won't be accepted, others say it meets the letter of the law.
    Paul--going thru with the suit???

  12. #12
    Regular Member Outdoorsman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Silver Lake WI
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by ksks View Post
    Paul--going thru with the suit???
    IANPF, but in Paul's other posts on other threads... seems that way....

    Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

    George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

    Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

  13. #13
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by ksks View Post
    Paul--going thru with the suit???

    The plan so far is to. I am submitting ONLY that with my application. After I get a rejection, I will consult with my attorney and see what's up.

  14. #14
    McX
    Guest
    IANPF.........dang Paul, your so legendary you got abbreviations, all i ever got to use was i am not Doug.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    IANPF
    LOL
    Last edited by Jason in WI; 10-21-2011 at 01:29 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    81

    haha

    Quote Originally Posted by ksks View Post
    Paul--going thru with the suit???
    And here I thought he was talking to me, as my name is Paul as well, wondering who he is or how he knew. <------spoiler

    I'm getting amazing help, I'm sure you can all guess from whom. They're pulling some ****. They've got NOTHING, as I've done nothing, and well, what transpired speaks for itself so even if they concoct some BS, what happened happened and they can't explain it away. I really help this goes well, otherwise it's cops one more, me zero. However, as long as it goes smoothly, I will be donating to the cause to make sure that the next case is taken care of, and then that person can do the same and so on. I hope I dont have to bring bad news about this, but everyone here knows with "their" resources and "their" word, they can pull a lot of crap, and no, I dont have the benefit of dashcam of a patrol car or even audio, and you'll see why i couldn't even get audio when the story can come out.
    When seconds count between life and death the police are only minutes away - Philip Van Cleave

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgLEGibyXs The Right of the People to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7...eature=related

  17. #17
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    .... and no, I dont have the benefit of dashcam of a patrol car or even audio, and you'll see why i couldn't even get audio when the story can come out.
    But you did have a recording device on your person?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    81

    yep

    Yea, I had my cell phone next to me. I knew how many clicks it took to get to audio and get to recording but I would have been shot most likely if i had reached for anything, I am certain of that, the guys voice sounded of panic and agression so bad although i knew he was wrong, i didn't want to find out the wrong way or have them plant my weapon into my dead hands, not this guy, not now.
    When seconds count between life and death the police are only minutes away - Philip Van Cleave

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgLEGibyXs The Right of the People to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7...eature=related

  19. #19
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    Yea, I had my cell phone next to me. I knew how many clicks it took to get to audio and get to recording but I would have been shot most likely if i had reached for anything, I am certain of that, the guys voice sounded of panic and agression so bad although i knew he was wrong, i didn't want to find out the wrong way or have them plant my weapon into my dead hands, not this guy, not now.
    to sooth your jangled nerves you could eat at a Culver's in madison................no wait that didnt work for me, nevermind.

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Thumbs up WisconsinPI, Get One Of These For Your Vehicle...

    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    Yea, I had my cell phone next to me. I knew how many clicks it took to get to audio and get to recording but I would have been shot most likely if i had reached for anything, I am certain of that, the guys voice sounded of panic and agression so bad although i knew he was wrong, i didn't want to find out the wrong way or have them plant my weapon into my dead hands, not this guy, not now.
    I have this mounted in all of my vehicles: http://gopro.com/

    There are several options for recording in a vehicle but this is the one I finally chose. I've used two other types of cameras over the past 6 years and the GoPro is the best so far in my opinion. For vehicle's you don't need the most expensive camera setup and shop on Amazon to get the best price. I've been using the GoPro for a year I think...maybe a bit longer. My camera has over 500 hours of use on it and works perfectly.

    I did opt for the best GoPro camera and opted to get the largest capacity SD card (32GIG) which gives me just over 8 hours of continuous recording. I use a Motorola V195 cell phone power cable to power the camera from the vehicle. The camera is very small, lightweight and when mounted in a "Skeleton" case (needed for car mounting and best audio pickup) is almost unseen. Many people that do see it think it is a radar detector. Unplugged the camera will run about two hours on it's battery.

    My video/audio recordings have come in handy in the past. When using my previous recording system I was broadsided by an inattentive driver. He got a ticket and when his insurance company was asked to pay they turned it around and said it was my fault. Well, the video/audio recording was then sent to my insurance company. When they saw it and heard the guy say "I was turned around talking to my daughter"...in her car seat behind him when he ran the stop sign...well, his insurance company paid every penny.

    Several of us also carry discrete recording devices just in case we run into a rogue cop or a rogue citizen who causes a scene. If you would like a list of devices some of us carry please PM me. I'll send you a link of what I carry.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  21. #21
    Regular Member Motofixxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Posts
    974
    I have heard good things about those GoPro but have wondered about their actual operation. Will they record anytime they are powered up, or do they have to be turned on each time you get in your vehicle then turned off? And will they automatically begin to record over the previous recordings when the card limit is reached?
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

    The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

    "To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

    http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I have this mounted in all of my vehicles: http://gopro.com/

    There are several options for recording in a vehicle but this is the one I finally chose. I've used two other types of cameras over the past 6 years and the GoPro is the best so far in my opinion. For vehicle's you don't need the most expensive camera setup and shop on Amazon to get the best price. I've been using the GoPro for a year I think...maybe a bit longer. My camera has over 500 hours of use on it and works perfectly.

    I did opt for the best GoPro camera and opted to get the largest capacity SD card (32GIG) which gives me just over 8 hours of continuous recording. I use a Motorola V195 cell phone power cable to power the camera from the vehicle. The camera is very small, lightweight and when mounted in a "Skeleton" case (needed for car mounting and best audio pickup) is almost unseen. Many people that do see it think it is a radar detector. Unplugged the camera will run about two hours on it's battery.

    My video/audio recordings have come in handy in the past. When using my previous recording system I was broadsided by an inattentive driver. He got a ticket and when his insurance company was asked to pay they turned it around and said it was my fault. Well, the video/audio recording was then sent to my insurance company. When they saw it and heard the guy say "I was turned around talking to my daughter"...in her car seat behind him when he ran the stop sign...well, his insurance company paid every penny.

    Several of us also carry discrete recording devices just in case we run into a rogue cop or a rogue citizen who causes a scene. If you would like a list of devices some of us carry please PM me. I'll send you a link of what I carry.
    I appreciate it, but if it's anything that requires i turn it on, no matter what it was, i couldn't have turned it on, I do have video and audio, i'll usually put video on, i also have a pencam i place on my shirt and it records for like 12 hours very clearly, so i have that for encounters so that they'll never seize it or turn it off because it's "just a pen" but none of these could have been used in this instance, i was just minding my own business and looking down at my phone, set it down when i saw the light in my face, and it was screaming and commands from there, I truly couldn't have activated a one flip switch as i was hands right up right away and this guy was ready to end me for sure.
    When seconds count between life and death the police are only minutes away - Philip Van Cleave

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgLEGibyXs The Right of the People to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GNu7...eature=related

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    I have heard good things about those GoPro but have wondered about their actual operation. Will they record anytime they are powered up, or do they have to be turned on each time you get in your vehicle then turned off? And will they automatically begin to record over the previous recordings when the card limit is reached?
    I have mine setup for "One button recording" which is something you have to set if you want the unit to work that way. Basically you turn it on and then push the top button and it starts video/audio recording in the mode you set it up for. It doesn't start recording when you turn it on. When I get in my vehicle I turn the unit on and start recording. It stays on until it runs out (almost 9 hours) or until I get home and turn it off in my driveway. I then take it inside, connect it to my computer and copy or delete the files depending on what I recorded. I have hundreds of hours of travel recorded across the U.S. It's very clear and the audio is amazing for "mono".

    The unit does not write over previous files, they have to be manually deleted from either the onscreen display or through a USB connection to your computer. Pretty simple to operate. When you have over 8 hours of high quality video/audio at your fingertips I don't mind having to manually delete the recorded files.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinPI View Post
    I appreciate it, but if it's anything that requires i turn it on, no matter what it was, i couldn't have turned it on, I do have video and audio, i'll usually put video on, i also have a pencam i place on my shirt and it records for like 12 hours very clearly, so i have that for encounters so that they'll never seize it or turn it off because it's "just a pen" but none of these could have been used in this instance, i was just minding my own business and looking down at my phone, set it down when i saw the light in my face, and it was screaming and commands from there, I truly couldn't have activated a one flip switch as i was hands right up right away and this guy was ready to end me for sure.
    Mount it, turn it on, start recording before you start your vehicle. Leave it on until you are home or at your final destination. It will record for over 8 hours continuously.

    From the actions of the police you describe they should be removed immediately from duty and fired. What will he/they do when they see a person open carrying or legally concealed carrying? Murder them?

    I recently had a talk with a gentleman who is NOT a member of WCI and was arrested for open carrying while he was eating lunch at a restaurant. The total charges against him totaled 32. They charged him with everything in the book and then some. He did nothing wrong and did not record anything. He thought he shouldn't have to since it is a right. Right? Well, he spoke to the D.A. and all charges were dropped. The police reports from the two officers were complete lies. Nothing in them was anywhere near what happened.

    I told him about my GoPro and showed him my personal recording device I carry and he said: "Unfortunately these are the times we live in."

    Even when I am not carrying a gun on me or in my vehicle my GoPro is recording.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •