• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great news

WisconsinPI

Cant' talk about it, but anyone whom read about my incident, it's being taken care of and i'm sure you'll soon hear the good news. Just one question off topic, is that class taken online offered by, what was it, vermont pd or whatever it was, was that good and acceptable? Sorry if it's posted obviously somewhere, just like to know as i wanna be rockin asap, for winter of course, summer im right back to open carry. Thanks.

M

McX

good news is hard to come by at this end, and these days. i hope everything gets solved in your favor, then back to the world for you!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Way to keep us in suspense. Hope everything works out well.

Anybody have a link to an article about the incident?

M

McX

well, there was this guy, and he was doing this thing, then the cops came, and they didnt like his thing, and they took, and treated him poorly. boy does this sound familiar.

protias

Way to keep us in suspense. Hope everything works out well.

Anybody have a link to an article about the incident?

No. The text in the thread he started was deleted. I know what he said, but I'm not going to divulge the information. Let some time pass and you'll see it.

Interceptor_Knight

Good to hear!

As for the online training, it is the Maryland Online Training.

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

Some say it won't be accepted, others say it meets the letter of the law.

Whether or not it meets the letter of the Statute is irrelevant on November 1st as it does not comply with the "Emergency" rules. Hopefully the legislature puts a smack-down on these rules and knocks them back in line with the legislative intent.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Cant' talk about it, but anyone whom read about my incident, it's being taken care of and i'm sure you'll soon hear the good news. Just one question off topic, is that class taken online offered by, what was it, vermont pd or whatever it was, was that good and acceptable? Sorry if it's posted obviously somewhere, just like to know as i wanna be rockin asap, for winter of course, summer im right back to open carry. Thanks.

Glad to hear it!

Can't wait for it to be over so you can let us all in on the story.

M

McX

IANPF.........dang Paul, your so legendary you got abbreviations, all i ever got to use was i am not Doug.

Jason in WI

516.gif
LOL

Last edited:

WisconsinPI

haha

Paul--going thru with the suit???

And here I thought he was talking to me, as my name is Paul as well, wondering who he is or how he knew. <------spoiler

I'm getting amazing help, I'm sure you can all guess from whom. They're pulling some ****. They've got NOTHING, as I've done nothing, and well, what transpired speaks for itself so even if they concoct some BS, what happened happened and they can't explain it away. I really help this goes well, otherwise it's cops one more, me zero. However, as long as it goes smoothly, I will be donating to the cause to make sure that the next case is taken care of, and then that person can do the same and so on. I hope I dont have to bring bad news about this, but everyone here knows with "their" resources and "their" word, they can pull a lot of crap, and no, I dont have the benefit of dashcam of a patrol car or even audio, and you'll see why i couldn't even get audio when the story can come out.

WisconsinPI

yep

Yea, I had my cell phone next to me. I knew how many clicks it took to get to audio and get to recording but I would have been shot most likely if i had reached for anything, I am certain of that, the guys voice sounded of panic and agression so bad although i knew he was wrong, i didn't want to find out the wrong way or have them plant my weapon into my dead hands, not this guy, not now.

M

McX

Yea, I had my cell phone next to me. I knew how many clicks it took to get to audio and get to recording but I would have been shot most likely if i had reached for anything, I am certain of that, the guys voice sounded of panic and agression so bad although i knew he was wrong, i didn't want to find out the wrong way or have them plant my weapon into my dead hands, not this guy, not now.

to sooth your jangled nerves you could eat at a Culver's in madison................no wait that didnt work for me, nevermind.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
WisconsinPI, Get One Of These For Your Vehicle...

I have this mounted in all of my vehicles: http://gopro.com/

There are several options for recording in a vehicle but this is the one I finally chose. I've used two other types of cameras over the past 6 years and the GoPro is the best so far in my opinion. For vehicle's you don't need the most expensive camera setup and shop on Amazon to get the best price. I've been using the GoPro for a year I think...maybe a bit longer. My camera has over 500 hours of use on it and works perfectly.

I did opt for the best GoPro camera and opted to get the largest capacity SD card (32GIG) which gives me just over 8 hours of continuous recording. I use a Motorola V195 cell phone power cable to power the camera from the vehicle. The camera is very small, lightweight and when mounted in a "Skeleton" case (needed for car mounting and best audio pickup) is almost unseen. Many people that do see it think it is a radar detector. Unplugged the camera will run about two hours on it's battery.

My video/audio recordings have come in handy in the past. When using my previous recording system I was broadsided by an inattentive driver. He got a ticket and when his insurance company was asked to pay they turned it around and said it was my fault. Well, the video/audio recording was then sent to my insurance company. When they saw it and heard the guy say "I was turned around talking to my daughter"...in her car seat behind him when he ran the stop sign...well, his insurance company paid every penny.

Several of us also carry discrete recording devices just in case we run into a rogue cop or a rogue citizen who causes a scene. If you would like a list of devices some of us carry please PM me. I'll send you a link of what I carry.