• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thunderbird Tactical in Wichita

MudFlap

Just thought I'd comment on this business. I've been in there by myself twice, and twice I've taken a friend. A different friend each time. The first time I was in there, they were kinda busy. I was browsing the 1911's in the case when the young man stepped up and asked if I'd like to see anything closer. I replied "Thanks, but I'm not gonna buy anything. Your time would be better spent with another customer who might spend some money" His reply was "You are in front of me at my counter. You have my time, and as much of it as you need". I was floored. Every time I've been in there, I've told the sales staff I'm just looking, not buying right now. Every time they have been as courteous as the first time. I don't have the funds to buy a high end 1911 right now, but rest assured that when I do, it'll be from them. The store is stocked with everything you would need to build up an AR15, and looks clean and professional. They are a supplier of tactical weapons and gear. You won't find a lever action 30-30 there, but you will find a knowledgeable professional friendly staff and bad-ass weaponry.

Bullseye, however, will most likely never get one red cent from me.

Last edited:

Damiansar-15

Open Carry

Does Thunderbird Tactical allow open carry in their store? I might visit, but I am often met with anti-gun signs when I visit most firearm retail stores, e.g. no CHL, no loaded guns, guns in cases only, etc... I prefer to have my guns custom built by craftsman I know personally or just build them myself.

sha-ul

To the best of my knowledge open carry is allowed& concealed carry is welcomed. look for the green concealed carry welcome sign.

Dj_Joel_Webb

Does Thunderbird Tactical allow open carry in their store? I might visit, but I am often met with anti-gun signs when I visit most firearm retail stores, e.g. no CHL, no loaded guns, guns in cases only, etc... I prefer to have my guns custom built by craftsman I know personally or just build them myself.

I'm sure Thunderbird Tactical would if it were allowed in Wichita itself. Wichita has one of those crazy "you can't defend yourself" ordinances openly. They do however allow Concealed Carry and clearly post it on their door. I love those guys and I spend my money there instead of Bullseye. If Thunderbird had a rifle range i would exclusivly go there.

Damiansar-15

"Unloaded" Open Carry

I'm sure Thunderbird Tactical would if it were allowed in Wichita itself. Wichita has one of those crazy "you can't defend yourself" ordinances openly. They do however allow Concealed Carry and clearly post it on their door. I love those guys and I spend my money there instead of Bullseye. If Thunderbird had a rifle range i would exclusivly go there.

I recommend researching the law and calling the local PD like I did. I open carried "unloaded" in Wichita before, even though Wichita has an UnConstitutional Ordinance in place that mandates unloaded firearms if a citizen open carries. Of course, under Terry, they would need RAS and/or probable cause in order to check. I also got word from T-bird that they are fine with customers open carrying at their store, which I thought was cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm8FxpnzRYk