• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Polish up your BBQ guns -11/5

Sabotage70

Now that the weather is nice and Henderson respects our right to carry in the parks. Saturday Nov. 5 at park to be determined by TBG I will be bringing my BBQ along with about 15 pounds of yardbird. It's not the average chicken. I get it from a mex. market and the stuff is the best. But if you're going to come you have to bring a food item. Tortilla's, chips, burgers, hot dogs, buns, sodas etc...

The more that RSVP the better. Hope to get a large turn out.

The Big Guy

Now that the weather is nice and Henderson respects our right to carry in the parks. Saturday Nov. 5 at park to be determined by TBG I will be bringing my BBQ along with about 15 pounds of yardbird. It's not the average chicken. I get it from a mex. market and the stuff is the best. But if you're going to come you have to bring a food item. Tortilla's, chips, burgers, hot dogs, buns, sodas etc...

The more that RSVP the better. Hope to get a large turn out.

There will be 7 of us from my family. Let's try to get some kind of headcount to know what I need to reserve.

TBG

28kfps

Sounds like a good time. Thanks Sabotage for organizing this. However, my wife and I will be in Lake Havasu sponsoring our once a year motorcycle campout with the motorcycle camping group we belong to and it is that weekend. Had 52 to pick from and we picked the same weekend.

The Big Guy

I'm not sure that we can get a reserved area on short notice. 2 weeks minimum advanced reservation is required. Also in order to bring our own grill, we have to have a letter from the Parks director stating we can. We can't get a letter without a reservation. It's all about the Benjamins. Our options for a BBQ is this, we can go without a reservation and I can get there early enough to hopefully grab a spot. Of course we would have to use the built in grills there. Or, we could hold it at my house, I have plenty of room to have a BBQ (we just had one) and wait till later with more planning time for the local park.

Suggestions?

TBG

P.S. Only charcoal is allowed no propane grills in the parks.

Last edited:

Sabotage70

I have no problem using the park grills. I just know some people get weirded out by those. We can do the first come first serve deal.

Sent from the Droid on roids

Sabotage70

11:00 sounds perfect.

If someone can bring a full size out Weber grill, that would be great. I've been cooking with gas for some years now. But am well versed with Weber. I still have a small one, just no longer have a full size one. I think I gave it to my brother.:question:

The Big Guy

If someone can bring a full size out Weber grill, that would be great. I've been cooking with gas for some years now. But am well versed with Weber. I still have a small one, just no longer have a full size one. I think I gave it to my brother.:question:

See above. Can't bring a grill, have to use the permanent park grill.

TBG

Nevada carrier

Gas? nothing beats charcoal with a little mesquite chips to slightly heat a chuck of cow. I'll be there with a couple ribeyes from the Butcher Block

The Big Guy

Details, details...

Saturday Nov 5th
11 am
Morrell Park. 500 Harris Street, Henderson NV

From LV via Boulder Hwy:
Continue past Lake Mead Pkwy to intersection of Boulder/Major (Terribles bowling alley on left)
Turn left, Harris is the next street
Turn left then right into the first park entrance.

From the 215/95 intersection go east to Boulder Hwy.
Turn right to intersection of Boulder/Major (Terribles bowling alley on left)
Turn left, Harris is the next street
Turn left then right into the first park entrance.

I will put up my Don't Tread on Me flag. Everyone make an effort to get there. It's good to put faces to those you communicate with
online. Plenty of playground for kids.

Questions? Ask.

TBG

The Big Guy

bringing stuff

I can bring Paper plates, utensils, cups, stuff like that. Have lots left over from my last BBQ. I will also bring some side dishes and maybe some lemonade and or Ice Tea. Ooooh, and polish dogs and buns. And I can bring some condiments. I'll bring some mesquite charcoal too.

If your attending, let us know. Advise what you are bringing.

TBG

Last edited:

The Big Guy

:banana: You can count me in... I'll even bring my canopy, grill and homemade BBQ sauce.

Will be glad to see you. Under park rules we can't bring grills. We have to use the ones provided by the park. The spot I have picked out is under a canopy of of trees. You might bring it just in case however. Just bring some food, side dishes, meat to grill, ICE would be very good. Just anything you want to add, pot luck.

TBG

odesskiy

I've been MIA from the OC events for quite a while. I'll try to make it out there tomorrow morning, maybe bring a couple of trays of cookies or brownies? Cokes and Diet Cokes?

MilProGuy

Not meant to hijack the thread...but some pics of those polished-up BBQ guns would surely be nice!:monkey:banana: