Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana gone wild - bans using cash

Thumbs down Louisiana gone wild - bans using cash

Second hand good dealers are now banned from cash transactions.

http://www.klfy.com/story/15717759/s...and-dealer-law

That is not legal. I'm sure the feds would love it, even though in the past our fiat dollars have been protected enough to make such a law illegal. Cash is legal tender good for all debts public and private.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Coming soon to a state near all of us....Welcome to AmeriKa
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    Coming soon to a state near all of us....Welcome to AmeriKa
    If I want to sell my CDs, DVDs, albums, or video games, the local shop (WI) has to take a picture of me and submit it to the local cop shop along with a copy of my DL.

Needless to say the local cop shop can **** ** *****.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 10-19-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    That is not legal. I'm sure the feds would love it, even though in the past our fiat dollars have been protected enough to make such a law illegal. Cash is legal tender good for all debts public and private.
    Bingo. I don't see how they can possibly enforce this law. Cash is still use about 50-60% of the time in the retail enviroments where I have worked. Now Grandma can't use a twenty dollar bill to buy an old vase. The guy who thought this up is an idiot.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

All of this discussion... about an article ABOUT a law... anybody gonna post a link to the actual bill to ascertain the truthfulness of the reporting?

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    All of this discussion... about an article ABOUT a law... anybody gonna post a link to the actual bill to ascertain the truthfulness of the reporting?
    Wow, that was hard.

http://e-lobbyist.com/gaits/LA/HB195
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    If I want to sell my CDs, DVDs, albums, or video games, the local shop (WI) has to take a picture of me and submit it to the local cop shop along with a copy of my DL.

Needless to say the local cop shop can suck my balls.
    Craigslist.... May take some time, but I can turn junk into cash.

1864.3. Payment by check or money order required

A secondhand dealer shall not enter into any cash transactions in payment for the purchase of junk or used or secondhand property. Payment shall be made in the form of check, electronic transfers, or money order issued to the seller of the junk or used or secondhand property and made payable to the name and address of the seller. All payments made by check, electronic transfers, or money order shall be reported separately in the daily reports required by R.S. 37:1866.

Acts 2011, No. 389, 1.

Definition of a second hand dealer...
    http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=93498
    Important requirement in the definition...
    Anyone, other than a nonprofit entity, who buys, sells, trades in, or otherwise acquires or disposes of junk or used or secondhand property more frequently than once per month

Secondhand sales are now done with a line of credit issued by the seller. The line of credit is to be immediately repaid with cash.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Founder's Club Member
    (chuckle)

You know, you can take the thread title a different way, too.

It could be read to mean that LA became the first state to officially recognize that Federal Reserve Notes are just hollow paper representations of money and subject to manipulation by the Federal Reserve (the central bank) and the fedgov.

That would be worth going wild about. Celebrate!!
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-20-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    (chuckle)

It could be read to mean that LA became the first state to officially recognize that Federal Reserve Notes are just hollow paper representations of money and subject to manipulation by the Federal Reserve (the central bank) and the fedgov.

But instead they want to recognize the even more worthless electronic dollars.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    (chuckle)

I love it, well put sir!

Sadly in today's political environment it is only unlawful after a lawsuit has been filed and it has worked it's way through the courts, costing the Petitioner untold fortunes and several years out of their life.

Every legislative body should have an office that screens bills for Constitutionality/Legality before they ever see the light of day.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Sadly in today's political environment it is only unlawful after a lawsuit has been filed and it has worked it's way through the courts, costing the Petitioner untold fortunes and several years out of their life.

Every legislative body should have an office that screens bills for Constitutionality/Legality before they ever see the light of day.
    They do have such a thing! Its called the Attorney General! The problem is this position is as suseptible to having people in it that don't like or understand or care about constitutions, federal law and the rest.

Louisiana was trying to control the sale of stolen scrap metal for cash, but missed the bad guy and nuked the village.

Texas did the same thing this year, by eliminating the felony threshold value of aluminum, copper, and brass. Effecting 9/1/11, any theft of those metals in Texas is a felony. Yup -- steal a soda can, a penny, or a brass ring and it's a felony in Texas.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    And who is to blame for idiotic laws like this? "WE THE PEOPLE" We elected the legislators who came up with this idiocy, or worse yet, the people who decided not to vote because they think it is not important.
    What we have happening in several cities in WI right now is local government positions are becoming "Appointed" positions, with no way for the general public to remove local government figures by election. "Town Clerk" is one of the most common appointed positions, and it is creating problems in my own town. The clerk is dictating with no fear of losing an election because she is thouroughly entrenched there.

Watch out for this tactic in your locale

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    And who is to blame for idiotic laws like this? "WE THE PEOPLE" We elected the legislators who came up with this idiocy, or worse yet, the people who decided not to vote because they think it is not important.
    What we have happening in several cities in WI right now is local government positions are becoming "Appointed" positions, with no way for the general public to remove local government figures by election. "Town Clerk" is one of the most common appointed positions, and it is creating problems in my own town. The clerk is dictating with no fear of losing an election because she is thouroughly entrenched there.

I've heard of this happening with judges; even worse.

The laws regarding the sell of used goods are absolutely ridicules. How the hell do you intend to price that the DVD I just sold was stolen? Unless there is some sort of identifying mark, like the serial numbers if high dollar equipment, then it is impossible. I do not support such measures for things like DVDs either. I mean honestly, how many of you have written down and stored in a secure coxswain, every single serial number for every single piece of equipment you have?

If anyone claims they do, be prepared for a pop quiz.

Posted using my HTC Evo

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    The laws regarding the sell of used goods are absolutely ridicules. How the hell do you intend to price that the DVD I just sold was stolen? Unless there is some sort of identifying mark, like the serial numbers if high dollar equipment, then it is impossible. I do not support such measures for things like DVDs either. I mean honestly, how many of you have written down and stored in a secure coxswain, every single serial number for every single piece of equipment you have?

If anyone claims they do, be prepared for a pop quiz.

Posted using my HTC Evo
    Would you be asking for the serial numbers of their belongings and expect someone to answer? Might as well ask for credit card numbers.

No, I would be asking them if they had the serial number written down along side proof of ownership for that old VCR in their closet, or the serial number for their microwave, or the serial number for their RAM.

My point is that there are dozens, if not hundreds of objects in one's house that already has serial numbers and most people probably don't even realize it, let alone catalog all of the SNs along with proofs of ownership. Add to that, hundreds to thousands of DVDs/CDs and really, who's going to bother?

Individual businesses can refuse to use cash for any reason. Don't like it? Don't do business with them. The government, however, may not bat its use for any reason, as the government itself has said, "legal tender for all..."

Sounds like a local government is trying to usurp the authority of the feds with respect to fed dollars.

I must be psychic, as I know how this will end...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

I have been thinking and reading some different opinions on this thought of we are to blame. First off it wouldn't matter who was elected very much if they stayed within their constitutional, enumerated boundaries. But second off in many instances some are elected with a 10 to 25 percent of the populations vote. So there is a "minority" of folks to blame.

I won't vote unless I truly believe in the person otherwise the people in power can continue the illusion that what they are doing is by the our consent. After all they were voted in. When they actually don't have the Majority consent.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

no cash

Since9:

"Individual businesses can refuse to use cash for any reason. Don't like it? Don't do business with them. "

I see it from the sellers viewpoint: the businesses that are losing trade due to this should be the largest body
    of complainers/activists in correcting this idiocy.
    If purchases are stopped by not accepting cash, bottom lines will be impacted. Taxes will decline. The only way to talk to a pol is via revenue.

Yes, "WE THE PEOPLE" are responsible, ultimately.

We should vote them out when they do not live up to our expectations.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast