• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The "official" response from corporate Wal-Mart related to firearms.

mspgunner

I posted this twice since it is common question. This is what i just got from corporate Wal-Mart today Oct. 19th 2011 for future reference:
cstreply@wal-mart.com
Thank you for your message.

Dear My Name,

There is no policy against customers carrying their handgun in our stores as long as he/she is legally permitted by their state to carry the handgun.

As a private property owner, Walmart has the authority to ask customers to remove their handgun or leave the store on a case-by-case basis if customers or Walmart associates express concerns about the handgun.

For more information or further assistance, please contact your local stores management for assistance.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

lancers

Yeah, or they might just call the police on you. At least that is how they will do it in Maplewood. I am still pursing a response from Wal-Mart about that incident, but they have not been very helpful.

RPGamingGirl

The Branson West store seems to be open carry friendly, so far.

My husband was stopped by a manager once, but when he respectfully explained state and local law regarding open carry (and offered to take his business elsewhere if that was preferred), the manager told us to have a nice day.

Redbaron007

That's about par what I was told. They still leave discretion open to the management.:confused:

NeoShade

I've contacted corporate twice in the past few years and have gotten different answers.

There is no policy against customers carrying their handgun in our stores as long as he/she is legally permitted by their state to carry the handgun.

As a private property owner, Walmart has the authority to ask customers to remove their handgun or leave the store on a case-by-case basis if customers or Walmart associates express concerns about the handgun.

Thanks,
Wal-Mart Shared Services

For further correspondence regarding this issue, please reply to this email.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. For information regarding your inquiry, please contact your local store and speak with a member of management. To find the phone number for your local Walmart store, please visit the www.walmart.com website and click on _Store Finder_ at the bottom of the page.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

For further correspondence regarding this issue, please reply to this email.

:/

KBCraig

The Branson West store seems to be open carry friendly, so far.
I haven't OCd there, but I have to say I've never been more impressed by a Wal-Mart than I was with the one at Branson West. Clean, well stocked, and staffed with employees going out of their way to be helpful and provide good service -- in other words, the polar opposite of the Supercenter two miles from my house. :cuss:

Verd

Campaign Veteran
I haven't OCd there, but I have to say I've never been more impressed by a Wal-Mart than I was with the one at Branson West. Clean, well stocked, and staffed with employees going out of their way to be helpful and provide good service -- in other words, the polar opposite of the Supercenter two miles from my house. :cuss:

The Branson West Wal-Mart is pretty good. Now, it has management issues (at least, it did while I was working there, including one who was selling long guns off the books, which makes that store not able to sell them anymore), but other than that, its a good store.