Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Puyallup Gun Show this weekend Free tables

  1. #1
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Puyallup Gun Show this weekend Free tables

    I have purchased 3 tables as I was going to display my art again this month.However with the move and everything I haven't had time to restock my inventory of my best selling prints.So I am offering the use of my tables free to anyone that would like the space .I will be there manning the OC table.So if anyone wants to use my tables please contact me.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    15
    Does anyone have a link to bring me to the rules of OC or the rules of carrying a firearm particular a handgun to the show? Or if your so kind could you refresh my memory. I know they want the chamber zip tied open on rifles, but is it the same for pistols?

  3. #3
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    I work security for WAC. You must be a member to bring in any firearm. If you are a member, you may not bring in a loaded weapon, and no loaded magazines. Weapons are to be declared at the tie-table at the Blue Gate and we will run a zip-tie through the action.


    Remember, if you're not a member, you can't bring in a weapon, even if you intend to become a member. Just lock your weapon in a safe place, buy a ticket, get your membership, then go get your weapon, if you want, and bring it to the tie-table.


    http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/index.htm
    Last edited by SpyderTattoo; 10-19-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: wrong wording
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    I work security for WAC.

    It's true.. I've seen him....




    and his buddy..







    Sadly, they're going to be replaced shortly.... With newer, hipper, 'security'..




  5. #5
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    You, sir, are clever and funny
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  6. #6
    Regular Member 1911er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Port Orchard Wa. /Granite Oklahoma
    Posts
    836

    This is him

    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    You, sir, are clever and funny
    Attachment 7172
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

    DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

    All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

  7. #7
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Deros, we may take one if nobody else chimes in for them. We already have on in the block but would rather see tables used than sitting empty.
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  8. #8
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    I would like one, but I think someone from Thrive/Shelf Reliance has a table. I wouldn't want to weasel in on somebody. I'm trying to find out if someone else is already going to be there.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Weapons are to be declared at the tie-table at the Blue Gate and we will run a zip-tie through the action.
    If I wasn't required to disarm and leave myself open to attack on the way back to my vehicle, I might actually go to one of these shows. I believe the act of making everyone disarm and clear there guns to be more unsafe than letting them keep it sitting in there holster, but hey that might just be me. I have seen some not so safe stuff occur when people clear there weapons.

    That said, I do like the idea behind the shows and support them even though I will probably never go.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    This is a great, in kind, donation from Deros. Let's not have this turn into a "Why I hate WAC" thread... Please.
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    123
    If I wasn't required to disarm and leave myself open to attack on the way back to my vehicle,
    I myself feel fairly comfortable that I'm not gonna need my loaded pistol while in the building perusing the wares at a WAC show ... Nor am I too concerned about the likelihood of being attacked leaving the fairgrounds, crossing Meridian and walking through the parking lot to my truck (well, we all know how dangerous Puyallup can be). Hey, call me overconfident. Just don't call me paranoid.

    Sheesh. The excuses people come up with to not patronize WAC shows -- when WAC is one of the most active pro-gun organizations we have in our state. I'll see you guys there. Appreciate the work y'all are putting in.
    Last edited by Bo; 10-21-2011 at 03:40 AM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    I myself feel fairly comfortable that I'm not gonna need my loaded pistol while in the building perusing the wares at a WAC show ... Nor am I too concerned about the likelihood of being attacked leaving the fairgrounds, crossing Meridian and walking through the parking lot to my truck (well, we all know how dangerous Puyallup can be). Hey, call me overconfident. Just don't call me paranoid.

    Sheesh. The excuses people come up with to not patronize WAC shows -- when WAC is one of the most active pro-gun organizations we have in our state. I'll see you guys there. Appreciate the work y'all are putting in.
    I agree that some are overly paranoid. I just don't patronize the WAC shows because I've lost interest in them, no other reason.

    As for the earlier comment about safety when unloading, etc, the last show I attended had a "clearing station" at the entrance so one could safely clear their weapon. Assuming they could safely get it out of their holster and pointed into the "clearing tube" without having an accident.


    BTW Bo, do you actually disarm? Or do you just show the badge? Isn't their an exception for Law Officers?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    I myself feel fairly comfortable that I'm not gonna need my loaded pistol while in the building perusing the wares at a WAC show ... Nor am I too concerned about the likelihood of being attacked leaving the fairgrounds, crossing Meridian and walking through the parking lot to my truck (well, we all know how dangerous Puyallup can be). Hey, call me overconfident. Just don't call me paranoid.

    Sheesh. The excuses people come up with to not patronize WAC shows -- when WAC is one of the most active pro-gun organizations we have in our state. I'll see you guys there. Appreciate the work y'all are putting in.
    Thanks for your comment Bo. While one reading your statement quite easily could agree with you without looking into it further, I do not. Not because I despise WAC or donít believe in what they are doing, I do support them.

    As a citizen that carries his defensive weapon everywhere every day I am going to pull out a normal stance most everyone (including myself) uses when it comes to any other business: My wallet is directly tied to my weapon. While I agree that WAC is a very active pro-gun organization, they are infringing my own right to self-defense. Yes, I agree they have the right to do so if they please. I have the right to spend my entry fee and money elsewhere as well.

    You make it sound as if I am coming across as paranoid, I do not believe this is the case. The rules essentially make this a gun free zone, odd sounding being it a gun show I know but it has similarities.

    • If I am a criminal looking to obtain a firearm, by stealing it, this sounds like a perfect location. Remember, criminals typically donít follow rules or laws. Not only are there firearms inside for this criminal, no one has the right to carry self-defense weapons in a condition that they can actually defend themselves. One could easily slide in, steal a weapon off a table close to a door and slide out before someone can undo the zip tie and load there weapon. Or better yet, stroll in with a loaded weapon or full auto rifle and start shooting up everyone. Citizens there legally and following the rules would take valuable time returning there weapon to a condition to defend. Guests (in my case) would be s**t out of luck in this scenario because they canít even go in zip-tied.
    • If I am a criminal looking to rob someone they could easily case the location. Take note of who is clearing there weapons at the door and take note of ones that donít (thus not having a weapon), when someone that did not clear a weapon leaves the event, they could rob them away from the event since they know they donít have a weapon.


    You may feel confident nothing will happen at the show or between the show and your car but you wonít ever need your weapon until you need it. Then you normally need it that instant, not 60 seconds later after you have unzip-tied your weapon and loaded your magazine (I thought I heard you canít have loaded magazines at the event, this may be wrong). I personally am not as confident as you; one reason is I donít know Puyallup, you seem to think itís a good place but I also tend to think a police station is safe however I still carry there just because you never know.

    In the end, everyone will choose as they see fit and feel comfortable with. I just think WAC rules could be reviewed. I still support what they do but likely wonít be attending myself.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    EVERY MONTH!!! This comes up just about every month on here. Stop it already. The hypocracy continues.

    You want the Private businesses to extend your rights to you, but you don't want to extend the same to PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNERS. The private property owners have the right to do what they like with their property.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Can anyone cite one instance where a show attendee was robbed in the parking lot on the way to their car?
    Live Free or Die!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everett,WA
    Posts
    34
    GOGO if this were facebook I'd like your post a million times

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Can anyone cite one instance where a show attendee was robbed in the parking lot on the way to their car?
    Not quite the same but gun show robbed after dark:
    http://vp.mgnetwork.net/traveler.swf...3bz=CMH%253%25

    Guys truck broke into robbed while at gun show:
    http://www.knifetalkforums.com/ubbth...3405#Post73405

    Just to show its possible, a similar situation, couple robbed after leaving gun range:
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/10962467/detail.html

    I only spent a minute looking. I am sure I could find a few other things if I continue.

    Just because it 'might' have never happened does not mean it wont. I would rather be prepared. Is it wrong for me to spend my money where they recognize my right to self-defense? I really am not trying to dog on WAC, just saying ill likely never go unless rules are changed.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  18. #18
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Back on topic here. I went this AM and setup my tables (in the same block as OCDO). Thanks Deros for the second table! The OCDO crew wasn't there yet, but we are all in the back half of the main building, right hand side. Hopefully, those who support WAC, will stop by and say HI!

    Spyder... Guard my stickers....
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    You want the Private businesses to extend your rights to you, but you don't want to extend the same to PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNERS. The private property owners have the right to do what they like with their property.
    I have no problem with WAC restricting it, its there right as I mentioned in my post. I still support (verbally) the cause. What I would like to see is the rules reviewed and possibly modified. Until then, everyone can feel free to ignore my posts. Ignore them knowing that I likely wont go to a location that restricts my right to self defense, just like I and others would to any other private business around. To me it seems a double standard is being applied, since they are a pro-gun organization.


    Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post
    Hopefully, those who support WAC, will stop by and say HI!
    I agree. I am not trying to fight people here, just stating some food for thought for the ones interested.

    ^^^Last post on the subject, to keep topic more on track^^^
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 10-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  20. #20
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    Rgr that Slap. And @ Massive, no problem bro. I'll park my butt on your table between 6:00 ( when I get there) and 8:00.

    And I'll be eating Mexican food tonight... I'll try to make your stickers "scratch-n-sniff"
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  21. #21
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Awesome!
    www.WaGuns.org

    Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I'm with slap. I Hold no ill will against WAC but will not go out of my way to patronize a gun organization that disarms its members and visitors. Just like I won't donate to NRA because of some of their "gun stances" I disagree with.

    They are free to do so as much as they want.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    While working the OCDO table this morning at the WAC show....

    A regular WAC member stopped by, Don Luther, I recognized his face. He stops by at nearly every show and says he totally disagrees with "us". That we at OCDO "create" anti's...

    In the course of the discussion (really him just telling me that we are wrong) and me trying to engage him....

    Don Luther said "you are too stupid to argue with." I just told him that I agree.


    yours truly,

    gogodawgs (i.e. too stupid)
    Live Free or Die!

  24. #24
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    While working the OCDO table this morning at the WAC show....

    A regular WAC member stopped by, Don Luther, I recognized his face. He stops by at nearly every show and says he totally disagrees with "us". That we at OCDO "create" anti's...

    In the course of the discussion (really him just telling me that we are wrong) and me trying to engage him....

    Don Luther said "you are too stupid to argue with." I just told him that I agree.


    yours truly,

    gogodawgs (i.e. too stupid)
    Well, I can say that I'm proud to have "too stupid" as a friend.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Don Luther said "you are too stupid to argue with." I just told him that I agree.


    yours truly,

    gogodawgs (i.e. too stupid)

    I wish I could be as stupid as you!
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •