• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup Gun Show this weekend Free tables

DEROS72

I have purchased 3 tables as I was going to display my art again this month.However with the move and everything I haven't had time to restock my inventory of my best selling prints.So I am offering the use of my tables free to anyone that would like the space .I will be there manning the OC table.So if anyone wants to use my tables please contact me.

ishyid

Does anyone have a link to bring me to the rules of OC or the rules of carrying a firearm particular a handgun to the show? Or if your so kind could you refresh my memory. I know they want the chamber zip tied open on rifles, but is it the same for pistols?

SpyderTattoo

I work security for WAC. You must be a member to bring in any firearm. If you are a member, you may not bring in a loaded weapon, and no loaded magazines. Weapons are to be declared at the tie-table at the Blue Gate and we will run a zip-tie through the action.

Remember, if you're not a member, you can't bring in a weapon, even if you intend to become a member. Just lock your weapon in a safe place, buy a ticket, get your membership, then go get your weapon, if you want, and bring it to the tie-table.

http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/index.htm

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

I work security for WAC.

It's true.. I've seen him....

426px-bank-security-guard-sleeping6.jpg

and his buddy..

gallery_security_guard.jpg

Sadly, they're going to be replaced shortly.... With newer, hipper, 'security'..

observe-and-report-security-guards.jpg

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I would like one, but I think someone from Thrive/Shelf Reliance has a table. I wouldn't want to weasel in on somebody. I'm trying to find out if someone else is already going to be there.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Weapons are to be declared at the tie-table at the Blue Gate and we will run a zip-tie through the action.

If I wasn't required to disarm and leave myself open to attack on the way back to my vehicle, I might actually go to one of these shows. I believe the act of making everyone disarm and clear there guns to be more unsafe than letting them keep it sitting in there holster, but hey that might just be me. I have seen some not so safe stuff occur when people clear there weapons. :banghead:

That said, I do like the idea behind the shows and support them even though I will probably never go.

Bo

If I wasn't required to disarm and leave myself open to attack on the way back to my vehicle,
I myself feel fairly comfortable that I'm not gonna need my loaded pistol while in the building perusing the wares at a WAC show ... Nor am I too concerned about the likelihood of being attacked leaving the fairgrounds, crossing Meridian and walking through the parking lot to my truck (well, we all know how dangerous Puyallup can be). Hey, call me overconfident. Just don't call me paranoid.

Sheesh. The excuses people come up with to not patronize WAC shows -- when WAC is one of the most active pro-gun organizations we have in our state. I'll see you guys there. Appreciate the work y'all are putting in.

Last edited:

amlevin

I myself feel fairly comfortable that I'm not gonna need my loaded pistol while in the building perusing the wares at a WAC show ... Nor am I too concerned about the likelihood of being attacked leaving the fairgrounds, crossing Meridian and walking through the parking lot to my truck (well, we all know how dangerous Puyallup can be). Hey, call me overconfident. Just don't call me paranoid.

Sheesh. The excuses people come up with to not patronize WAC shows -- when WAC is one of the most active pro-gun organizations we have in our state. I'll see you guys there. Appreciate the work y'all are putting in.

I agree that some are overly paranoid. I just don't patronize the WAC shows because I've lost interest in them, no other reason.

As for the earlier comment about safety when unloading, etc, the last show I attended had a "clearing station" at the entrance so one could safely clear their weapon. Assuming they could safely get it out of their holster and pointed into the "clearing tube" without having an accident.;)

BTW Bo, do you actually disarm? Or do you just show the badge? Isn't their an exception for Law Officers?

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

Thanks for your comment Bo. While one reading your statement quite easily could agree with you without looking into it further, I do not. Not because I despise WAC or don’t believe in what they are doing, I do support them.

As a citizen that carries his defensive weapon everywhere every day I am going to pull out a normal stance most everyone (including myself) uses when it comes to any other business: My wallet is directly tied to my weapon. While I agree that WAC is a very active pro-gun organization, they are infringing my own right to self-defense. Yes, I agree they have the right to do so if they please. I have the right to spend my entry fee and money elsewhere as well.

You make it sound as if I am coming across as paranoid, I do not believe this is the case. The rules essentially make this a gun free zone, odd sounding being it a gun show I know but it has similarities.

• If I am a criminal looking to obtain a firearm, by stealing it, this sounds like a perfect location. Remember, criminals typically don’t follow rules or laws. Not only are there firearms inside for this criminal, no one has the right to carry self-defense weapons in a condition that they can actually defend themselves. One could easily slide in, steal a weapon off a table close to a door and slide out before someone can undo the zip tie and load there weapon. Or better yet, stroll in with a loaded weapon or full auto rifle and start shooting up everyone. Citizens there legally and following the rules would take valuable time returning there weapon to a condition to defend. Guests (in my case) would be s**t out of luck in this scenario because they can’t even go in zip-tied.
  • If I am a criminal looking to rob someone they could easily case the location. Take note of who is clearing there weapons at the door and take note of ones that don’t (thus not having a weapon), when someone that did not clear a weapon leaves the event, they could rob them away from the event since they know they don’t have a weapon.

You may feel confident nothing will happen at the show or between the show and your car but you won’t ever need your weapon until you need it. Then you normally need it that instant, not 60 seconds later after you have unzip-tied your weapon and loaded your magazine (I thought I heard you can’t have loaded magazines at the event, this may be wrong). I personally am not as confident as you; one reason is I don’t know Puyallup, you seem to think it’s a good place but I also tend to think a police station is safe however I still carry there just because you never know.

In the end, everyone will choose as they see fit and feel comfortable with. I just think WAC rules could be reviewed. I still support what they do but likely won’t be attending myself.

SpyderTattoo

EVERY MONTH!!! This comes up just about every month on here. Stop it already. The hypocracy continues.

You want the Private businesses to extend your rights to you, but you don't want to extend the same to PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNERS. The private property owners have the right to do what they like with their property.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Can anyone cite one instance where a show attendee was robbed in the parking lot on the way to their car?

Not quite the same but gun show robbed after dark:
http://vp.mgnetwork.net/traveler.swf?embed_referer=&u=cd692d42970d102da6fd001ec92a4a0d&z=CMH%3%

Guys truck broke into robbed while at gun show:
http://www.knifetalkforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=73405#Post73405

Just to show its possible, a similar situation, couple robbed after leaving gun range:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/10962467/detail.html

I only spent a minute looking. I am sure I could find a few other things if I continue.

Just because it 'might' have never happened does not mean it wont. I would rather be prepared. Is it wrong for me to spend my money where they recognize my right to self-defense? I really am not trying to dog on WAC, just saying ill likely never go unless rules are changed.

massivedesign

Back on topic here. I went this AM and setup my tables (in the same block as OCDO). Thanks Deros for the second table! The OCDO crew wasn't there yet, but we are all in the back half of the main building, right hand side. Hopefully, those who support WAC, will stop by and say HI!

Spyder... Guard my stickers.... :p

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
You want the Private businesses to extend your rights to you, but you don't want to extend the same to PRIVATE PROPERTY OWNERS. The private property owners have the right to do what they like with their property.

I have no problem with WAC restricting it, its there right as I mentioned in my post. I still support (verbally) the cause. What I would like to see is the rules reviewed and possibly modified. Until then, everyone can feel free to ignore my posts. Ignore them knowing that I likely wont go to a location that restricts my right to self defense, just like I and others would to any other private business around. To me it seems a double standard is being applied, since they are a pro-gun organization.

Hopefully, those who support WAC, will stop by and say HI!
I agree. I am not trying to fight people here, just stating some food for thought for the ones interested.

^^^Last post on the subject, to keep topic more on track^^^

Last edited:

SpyderTattoo

Rgr that Slap. And @ Massive, no problem bro. I'll park my butt on your table between 6:00 ( when I get there) and 8:00.

And I'll be eating Mexican food tonight... I'll try to make your stickers "scratch-n-sniff"