• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help coming to kansas

bwboley

Activist Member
Just booked my flight to visit family in topeka in jan.
I have my oregon and washington concealed lic its honored in missouri where im flying in but not in kansas.

I will bring my glock 19 and 2 15 round mags

Where is oc allowed and is it ok to have it locked in a box in the trunk of the rental car?

Or how do I get a kansas or other state concealed carry lic thats honored by kansas?

marine0300

Topeka is open carry

Topeka is open carry! below is the ordinance with a list of places you can't open carry. Add the state capital to the list.

Since you can't cc, when you get in your car just put your firearm in a container of any kind and you can keep it in the front seat.

Welcome to Topeka.
--------------------------

BE IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF TOPEKA, KANSAS:

Section 1. That The Code of the City of Topeka, Kansas, is hereby amended by adding a section to be numbered 9.40.005, which said section reads as follows:
Unlawful Carrying.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person, except those persons exempted under K.S.A. 21-4201(b), as amended, or security personnel authorized by the city manager, to carry any firearm in any of the following buildings or facilities owned and operated by the City:

Topeka City Hall
Topeka Municipal Court
Topeka City Council Chambers
Cyrus K. Holliday Building
The Topeka/Shawnee County Law Enforcement Center
Helen Hocker Center for Performing Arts
The Topeka Zoological Park
Central Park Community Center
Crestview Community Center
Garfield Community Center
Hillcrest Community Center
Oakland Community Center
Rice Community Center
Creative Play Day Care Center
Topeka Fire Headquarters
Topeka Fire Station #1
Topeka Fire Station #2
Topeka Fire Station #3
Topeka Fire Station #4
Topeka Fire Station #5
Topeka Fire Station #6
Topeka Fire Station #7
Topeka Fire Station #8
Topeka Fire Station #9
Topeka Fire Station #10
Topeka Fire Station #11
Topeka Fire Station #12
Blaisdell Family Aquatic Center
Garfield Community Pool
Hillcrest Community Pool
Oakland Community Pool
Crestview Community Pool

(b) Nothing in this section shall prohibit a person from carrying a loaded firearm on the person’s land, in the person’s abode or in the person’s fixed place of business.
Section 2. This ordinance shall take effect and be in force from and after its passage, approval and publication in the official City newspaper.
Section 3. All ordinances, resolutions or rules, or portions thereof, inconsistent with the provisions of this ordinance are hereby rescinded or repealed.
Section 4. Should any section, clause or phrase of this ordinance be declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the same shall not affect the validity of this ordinance as a whole, or any part thereof, other than the part so declared to be invalid.
PASSED AND APPROVED by the City Council __________________________.

CITY OF TOPEKA, KANSAS

MudFlap

I could be wrong, but I was thinking I read somewhere that OC is legal only for Kansas residents. I'm just spouting off here, and have been known to be mistaken on occasion......

protias

I could be wrong, but I was thinking I read somewhere that OC is legal only for Kansas residents. I'm just spouting off here, and have been known to be mistaken on occasion......

How would anyone know if you are a KS resident or not? Besides, unless in your state you are required to show ID (which I doubt), the police will now know either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_and_identify_statutes

§22-2402(1)

[qoute]
22-2402. Stopping of suspect. (1) Without making an arrest, a law enforcement officer may stop any person in a public place whom such officer reasonably suspects is committing, has committed or is about to commit a crime and may demand of the name, address of such suspect and an explanation of such suspect's actions.

(2) When a law enforcement officer has stopped a person for questioning pursuant to this section and reasonably suspects that such officer's personal safety requires it, such officer may frisk such person for firearms or other dangerous weapons. If the law enforcement officer finds a firearm or weapon, or other thing, the possession of which may be a crime or evidence of crime, such officer may take and keep it until the completion of the questioning, at which time such officer shall either return it, if lawfully possessed, or arrest such person.[/quote]

If there is no suspicion of a crime, you don't have to tell them anything.

marine0300

Florida Concealed Carry Permit

If you get a Florida CC license you should be able to conceal carry in KS

Go to www.handgunlaw.us just click on Florida and you will have all the info you need to obtain a permit.

That way you will be able to transition between open and concealed carry.

marine0300

Open Carry Topeka!

You should have no problems open carrying in Topeka! Police are well educated on open carry.

It is important when you OC just act normal wear high on the hip holster and dress nice. Wear a Belt, shirt tucked in and you should have no problems.

Since you don’t have a permit encase your firearm (sandwich bag is ok) and separate your ammo when in a car. That is for Topeka only. If you’re outside city limit your firearm just has to be in the open in a vehicle.

If you have issues send me a private message. I got your back!

Welcome to God’s country & the Bible belt.

bwboley

Activist Member
Thanks ya i lived here back in 06 to 07 till my mom was killed in a car accident off 93rd and burlingame back on 7-19-07 I moved back to portland with my grandparents.

I do miss the People here alot friendlyer then the west coast lol