• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Law to allow Legal guns in all parking lots!

xmanhockey7

So the question is, does a public college or university seek to make a profit?

Bronson

F****** yes they seek to make a profit. Looking at the cost of tuition, housing cost on campus (must be 20 to live off campus), the weeks where they issue over $10,000 in parking tickets, and the fact people profit off the university, I would say, yes they are a business.

My concern is that this bill will be like the parking lot exemption under the concealed carry PFZ. While that law says it's legal to have the gun in the parking lot of the university they can still ban it on campus through ordinances. I'm not saying that this bill will not preempt them because I'm not a lawyer, I'm just not sure.

Yance

Theres a few laws regarding having a firearm in your car or on the premesis of certain places, mostly w/out a CPL that this law will contradict so it will be interesting to see what happens especially if a case arises because of it.

michhunter

If this passes dose that mean that you wouldn't need a cpl to have a gun on your persons inside the vehicle as long as it is not in plain view?

Last edited:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
(1) A person who lawfully possesses a firearm or
ammunition may transport that firearm or ammunition in a privately

owned motor vehicle or store that firearm

if the firearm is kept out of
plain view

Could this be interpreted that the gun now MUST be concealed when its being transported?

I think they mean when it's stored in the vehicle. Don't leave the gun on the dashboard when you leave it in the car. Just my opinion.

stainless1911

Banned
I think they mean when it's stored in the vehicle. Don't leave the gun on the dashboard when you leave it in the car. Just my opinion.

Thats how I see it as well, but could the way its worded, Im afraid someone might get charged for carrying like I do in the cars. It probably wouldnt get through court, but thats a couple grand and a suspension later.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
So if that is the case would this allow someone w/ out a CPL to keep a firearm in their vehicle on the premises of a business listed in 750.234d? or would in a manner described in chapter XXXVII of the Michigan penal code, 1931 PA 328, MCL 750.222 to 750.239a, or otherwise allowed by law. mean that 750.234d still applies?

I think the general "ban" would still apply. This law would, imho, only protect people from property-owner legal recourse for a person having a properly stored firearm in their motor vehicle IF they are OTHERWISE legal there.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
From the legal dictionary at Law.com

So the question is, does a public college or university seek to make a profit?

Bronson

Sure, its all part of the edu-industrial complex. Its all part of the myth of the 'American Dream'.

Subjugate the masses by convincing them that a degree is absolutely necessary to make a living wage, then bury them in debt. When they graduate, they get to be told they're over qualified for the few jobs that are available.

Debt creates indentured wage slaves.:banghead:

fozzy71

Sure, its all part of the edu-industrial complex. Its all part of the myth of the 'American Dream'.

Subjugate the masses by convincing them that a degree is absolutely necessary to make a living wage, then bury them in debt. When they graduate, they get to be told they're over qualified for the few jobs that are available.

I thought I was the only one that knew about this trick. Shhh, don't let everyone else in on the secret. :shocker:

Haman J.T.

You know you just went over the heads of the PC folks that don't understand what true slavery is don't you? You're gonna get the PC's panties in a bunch,using their word(they're the only ones who can use words-no freedom of speech unless they say so)! CARRY ON!