Thread: The trial transcript is finished

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

The trial transcript is finished

The court reporter emailed me that the transcript of Skidmarks trial was ready. I sent her a check yesterday and as soon as I get it, I can finish Surry.

I'll be calling the inner circle soon to view it and recommend changes.

In the meantime, there are other windmills to chase.

I've been limbering up my wrist in anticipation of autographing lables. Are you sure you can sell those for more than the un-autographed ones?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I've been limbering up my wrist in anticipation of autographing lables. Are you sure you can sell those for more than the un-autographed ones?

stay safe.
    why are you limbering up your wrist. i figured you got both an autopen and a teleprompter from the craigslist ad following the great obama equipment heist at Virginia Center Commons.
    Last edited by 67GT390FB; 10-20-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    why are you limbering up your wrist. i figured you got both an autopen and a teleprompter from the craigslist ad following the great obama equipment heist at Virginia Center Commons.
    The way I heard it, they caught the "Perps" in Surry but the evidence disappeared from the Clerks Office.
    It may turn up early in November

Exciting news, I am looking forward to seeing everything. Skid doesn't need an auto-pen. He simply points at the paper and threatens it into signing itself.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Why haven't I heard any jokes about how carrying your finger cross-draw results in nail sweeping the whole room?

I wanna OC a mannequin hand in my holster....
    Last edited by ixtow; 10-20-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The way I heard it, they caught the "Perps" in Surry but the evidence disappeared from the Clerks Office.
    It may turn up early in November
    D'ya s'poze there's any video from the courthouse security system that might help with that?
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    D'ya s'poze there's any video from the courthouse security system that might help with that?
    I see what you did there - even if the tape was overwritten.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

This concept doesn't seem to be getting much attention... But I'm very interested in the well-planned buttsecks that must be coming...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    This concept doesn't seem to be getting much attention... But I'm very interested in the well-planned buttsecks that must be coming...
    This thing has dragged because the trial dragged and I think most people are tired of hearing about it.

The transcript, which is the last thing I need to put it together, is in the mail now and should be here in a day or two. Ten I have to scan it and put all the parts together.

It might get a little more attention then.

Smile I can"t wait!

I need a fix. Last chapter in the fairy tale was long ago.

Yes, but it will take them at least a week to figure out that it gets overwritten every four days.

Question When and How Much?

When will the transcript be available for sale and how much? Will half the purchase price be going to the VCDL Defense Fund?

This is as good a place to put this as any. Sorry for the thread drift.

Either this woman is related to Poindexter or she took lessons from him. If at first you can't succeed by filing false charges, try another set of false charges.

WVCDL and Jim Mullins seem to have her political career in their hands at the moment.

stay safe.
    Last edited by skidmark; 10-28-2011 at 01:07 AM.

----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by p.publius View Post
    When will the transcript be available for sale and how much? Will half the purchase price be going to the VCDL Defense Fund?
    There is no defense fund as such associated directly with VCDL.

Dan Hawes (User on OCDO) has been reported as setting up a non-profit legal defense entity. Don't know what the official name is or will be though.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by p.publius View Post
    The printed copy of the transcript is available from the court reporter. It's around four hundred bucks.

I will have a PDF of the trial in the extras section of Surry Side.

VCDL felt this was more a 1st Amendment issue and opted out of the case early.

10% of the sale of the video's will go to a new gunowners protection group Dan Hawes (User) founded. He will give details about them later.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    The printed copy of the transcript is available from the court reporter. It's around four hundred bucks.

I will have a PDF of the trial in the extras section of Surry Side.

VCDL felt this was more a 1st Amendment issue and opted out of the case early.

10% of the sale of the video's will go to a new gunowners protection group Dan Hawes (User) founded. He will give details about them later.
    It's called the "Citizens' Defense Rights Institute". Currently awaiting approval by the State Corporation Commission; next step, apply for EIN and get bank account; then to the IRS for tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status. All contributions are gratefully accepted in the interim, however (1) until the entity has its own bank account, the money goes into my "attorney escrow account" to be transferred later and (2) it's not tax-deductible unless and until the IRS says it's ok. Also, there won't be any way to do credit card transactions until the bank account is set up. However, anyone who'd like to send a check, please make it out to "CDRI" and send it to Virginia Legal Defense, P.O. Box 100, Broad Run, VA 20137-0100.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

It's called the "Citizens' Defense Rights Institute". Currently awaiting approval by the State Corporation Commission; next step, apply for EIN and get bank account; then to the IRS for tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status. All contributions are gratefully accepted in the interim, however (1) until the entity has its own bank account, the money goes into my "attorney escrow account" to be transferred later and (2) it's not tax-deductible unless and until the IRS says it's ok. Also, there won't be any way to do credit card transactions until the bank account is set up. However, anyone who'd like to send a check, please make it out to "CDRI" and send it to Virginia Legal Defense, P.O. Box 100, Broad Run, VA 20137-0100.
    Dan,

This sounds great!! Obviously I know that you are taking donations to start the fund in the interim. Do you need donations NOW in order to accomplish the things in the list above? I would be willing to help with whatever I can.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."