Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSA begins random road inspections in Tennessee, First State To Fight Terrorism Stat

Herr Heckler Koch

TSA begins random road inspections in Tennessee, First State To Fight Terrorism Stat

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15...vipr-statewide
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ghassemi, NewsChannel5.com
    ...but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR). ... Tuesday Tennessee was first to deploy VIPR simultaneously at five weigh stations and two bus stations across the state.

Agents are recruiting truck drivers, like Rudy Gonzales, into the First Observer Highway Security Program to say something if they see something.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Dear George Orwell,
    Thank you kindly for your instruction manual titled "1984". We sincerely appreciate your vision will be implementing it under the "USA Patriot Act" and with other various laws and agencies. The ongoing undeclared wars and the "war on terror" have indeed provided a great excuse to subject our citizens as you proposed and we are currently seeing through the "thought police" phase. Once again, thank you; your instruction manual is working perfectly.
    Sincerely,
    The U.S. Government.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Because Tennessee is the first place I would hit if I were a terrorist........(extreme sarcasm intended)

Accomplished Advocate
    refusal to allow a random search?

I got it. All we have to do is make it so all cell phones mic and camras go strate to the Goverment. Then thay can do ther job right. (sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta9mm (army) View Post
    I got it. All we have to do is make it so all cell phones mic and camras go strate to the Goverment. Then thay can do ther job right. (sarcasm)
    Already being done my friend:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...?currentPage=5

Quote Originally Posted by Bobarino View Post
    WOW....AmeriKa
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 10-21-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

How nice. TSA Nazi SS agents now on the highways. What you want to search my car on the highway in the name of security? Kiss my a**. You aren't searching a damn thing with out a court ordered warrant.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    SCENARIO:

You're traveling on an interstate highway to some destination within your state while openly carrying a firearm on your person (a legal activity within the state). There are heightened alerts based upon highly reliable information within the area in which you are traveling so the TSA has set up road blocks in select places to do cursory examinations of private vehicles. Yours is selected.

As you step out of your car, your firearm is immediately noticed by a TSA agent (who is poorly trained regarding the laws and customs of the state). He pulls a tazer and fires it at you with the expected results. You are then handcuffed and led to a trailer for further interrogation.

I see a number of laws broken here by the "authorities" but I would bet that they would not be charged or chastised for their actions. Let's say that instead of a tazer, the agent pulled his sidearm and shot the driver. Seeing this, several of the passengers, who were also armed, returned fire at the agents (which would probably be justifiable). In other words, a real mess can ensue over actions that many might deem acceptable by the government.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Absolutely totally, and utterly illegal. Random searches are an unwarranted intrusion on privacy. I do not care what their excuse is, there is never a legit reason for this kind of stuff. Goes right along with random DUI checks.

Trucks are regulated differently than the individual passenger cars. IIRC, trucks can be inspected at any time, except sealed trailers, then the fed take responsibility for the security of the load if they break the seal, or something like that.

I don't see them doing random searches on personal vehicles.

I am not in favor of these searches.

Personally, I support my Tennessee neighbors in this safeguard against terrorism.

Everything changed on the morning of 9/11/2001, thanks to the evil deeds of the despicable, radical Islamic terrorists who visited mayhem, murder, and destruction upon our country.

I feel the Department of Homeland Security has done a stellar job at thwarting further radical, muslim extremist attacks of this magnitude; and that Tennessee is taking a measure that the rest of the country ought to implement as well.

This is, of course, just one man's humble opinion.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 10-23-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

I like the Netherlands response to terrorism as opposed to the USA's response of "none of our citizens are trustworthy." that's just my opinion though

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSoul View Post
    I like the Netherlands response to terrorism as opposed to the USA's response of "none of our citizens are trustworthy." that's just my opinion though
    I would turn that around and say, neither our governments or any of their agencies is trustworthy. But then, that's the Southern American in me and it is in line with what our Founders believe to be the proper stance to take in matters political.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 10-23-2011 at 05:25 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Amen, SB!

Give it time and I could see the TSA wanting to have " safety check points " for private vehicle owners at some point. They'll do it and see what they can get away with.

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Personally, I support my Tennessee neighbors in this safeguard against terrorism.

Everything changed on the morning of 9/11/2001, thanks to the evil deeds of the despicable, radical Islamic terrorists who visited mayhem, murder, and destruction upon our country.

I feel the Department of Homeland Security has done a stellar job at thwarting further radical, muslim extremist attacks of this magnitude; and that Tennessee is taking a measure that the rest of the country ought to implement as well.

What a good little subject you are.

<insert benjamin franklin quote here>

The biggest threat to our freedom isn't terrorism. The 9/11 attacks were the perfect excuse the government needed to shred our constitution and you're just tickled pink about it.

Everything changed on the morning of 9/11/2001
    SAYS WHO!? Who says everything changed? Why do things need to change? Why does freedom need to change because we were attacked? Now, not only did the terrorists destroy a couple buildings and thousands of lives, they convinced the American people to willingly turn in their freedom.

I can't believe people are totally cool with their government reaching in their ******* pants now just because we were attacked. (literally)
    Last edited by Schlitz; 10-23-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    Give it time and I could see the TSA wanting to have " safety check points " for private vehicle owners at some point. They'll do it and see what they can get away with.
    I agree and this would not surprise me one bit. All it takes to push this over the edge in the minds of a good many Americans and the federal and state governments is another major terrorist attack, or attacks, and we are likely to lose more than just that freedom. But yes, I think you are right in your assessment. And interestingly enough, it could be cause for suspending the national elections next year (read that as "argument") and some dangerous executive orders issued from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 10-23-2011 at 07:27 PM.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Trucks are regulated differently than the individual passenger cars. IIRC, trucks can be inspected at any time, except sealed trailers, then the fed take responsibility for the security of the load if they break the seal, or something like that.

I don't see them doing random searches on personal vehicles.

I am not in favor of these searches.
    Most state truck inspectors carry seals so they can replace the ones they cut off. They then note such on the motor carrier safety report and the trk goes on its merry way.

We, through the CIA and Fort Benning, taught them everything they know. They just changed targets and went after us once they had toppled their own governments. Our pride, and diplomatic position, is what leads to our downfall. We've spent millions of dollars putting bullets into targets we can't erase except through change we can't implement.

The Monroe doctrine isn't helping either.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

I assume this is sarcasm and satire, and you are just pulling our legs, right?

Oh, you mean those guys who were almost ALL Saudi's? Yeah, it's a good thing we invaded Saudi Arabia, and have seized the bank accounts and frozen the assets of the Saudi Royal Family so they can't support any future events like 9/11...

Oh, wait a minute--Saudi Arabia is one of the largest recipients of US foreign aid in the region, and considered our closest allies? And members of the Saudi Royal Family were clandestinely flown out of the US on 9/12 under direct orders from the White House when EVERY OTHER commercial, non-military or LE flight was grounded? And instead we attacked TWO nations who's ONLY ties to 9/11 were that they were building a pipeline that would bring Central Eurpoean oil directy to the Gulf, posing a major threat to Saudi hegemony on the Middle Eastern oil supply?

Oops...

Yes, the raping and pillaging of the Constitutional Rights of every American citizen is the ONLY logical way to thwart terrorism. Only by destroying the freedom, democracy and liberties of law-biding citizens, violating their fundamental human rights, and taking a big steaming dump on the graves of the Founding Fathers can we protect and preserve Amerika, Inc...

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. Please, I beg you. Tell us your post was a joke...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 10-23-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. Please, I beg you. Tell us your post was a joke...
    Nope, read his posts. He has been a troll since day one.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

You do realize that if anyone and everyone could have carried freely on the airplanes that crashed on 9/11, the disastor could not have happened. You also realize that the US butting their nose into everyone elses business does not engender friendship?

Finally: anyone (that includes you) that is willing to trade freedom for security, will have neither...I believe it was Ben Franklin that said that a year or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Nope, read his posts. He has been a troll since day one.
    Yep, over half his posts add nothing to the discussion. They simply say something like "Thank you for sharing that insightful information with us. I want to learn a lot." Some of his posts seem okay though.

On topic, this is just another example of the TSA sticking their heads where they don't belong. I find it to be similar to their new "chat-downs."

Carsontech, Great picture, I got a good laugh out of that.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 10-23-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast