• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jacksonville Landing

hvtopiwala

any jax people in here?

im going to be in jax next weekend for the Florida-Georgia game at the Landing, and wanted to know if i was allowed to conceal carry there. I know i cant go into any bars and stuff, but like the food court serves beer and food. and in the outside pavilion there are little "beer/liquor carts" so i dont know how it works in that case. any ideas? i know if i email them theyll just say no, so i figured i would ask on here first lol.

Rich7553

http://www.jacksonvillelanding.com/files/Rules_Jan_09.pdf

Note E2: "Possession of a weapon, even if legally carried (except by law enforcement officers) is absolutely prohibited on Landing property"

Despite the heading, "Violations of the Law", it is not unlawful to carry there. The worse thing that can happen if you are discovered carrying is that you can be asked or ordered to leave the property. You must do so immediately or face armed trespass charges. Conceal well and you should be fine. Stay out of prohibited places such as bars. You also are forbidden by law to carry at a college athletic event.

Last edited:

j4l

Stadium will be a no-go, as they search/pat-down at the gates sometimes.
Landing should be fine if concealed, as only U will know you have it.

hvtopiwala

yeah im not gonig to the actual stadium, to crazy for me lol

sometimes at landing they do patdowns at the entrance dont they? i dont remember from last year :/

how does it work if the bar is in the middle of a pavilion/courtyard lol. technically the entire landing would be a bar then wouldnt it?

Last edited:

adam421

When I went to the Landing last year they did a pat down. They were patting everyone down and checking purses.

hvtopiwala

yeah im going friday and saturday...so i wont carry friday and see how their security works and depending on that i will carry on saturday. i pocket carry anways lol

rmodel65

Im across the line in South GA and am always in Jax
according to Wikipedia the Jacksonville Landing is public property??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Landing
The Jacksonville Landing was designed and built by the Rouse Company, who developed a number of similar structures in other cities. It opened its doors on June 25, 1987. The Jacksonville Landing hosted a week long celebration featuring a balloon release, community choirs and national acts. The Rouse company partnered with City of Jacksonville, who contributed $20 million to the construction.[3]
In 2003, the Rouse Company announced it would sell the Jacksonville Landing to local developer Toney Sleiman for $5.1 million.[4] The Florida Times-Union revealed that Sleiman, who bought the buildings but not the city-owned land, would not have to pay the $100,000 rent required by the City of Jacksonville for the land until the city provided the 800 parking spaces it had promised the previous owners.[5]
In 2010, the 23-year obligation was finally resolved. The Jacksonville City Council passed a bill to contribute $3.5 million toward Sleiman's purchase of an existing parking lot across from the Landing. That money included a 20-year parking validation program at a cost of $2.5 million to the city. Mayor John Peyton vetoed the bill, but the council voted unanimously to override the veto.[6]

Rich7553

Im across the line in South GA and am always in Jax
according to Wikipedia the Jacksonville Landing is public property??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Landing
The Jacksonville Landing was designed and built by the Rouse Company, who developed a number of similar structures in other cities. It opened its doors on June 25, 1987. The Jacksonville Landing hosted a week long celebration featuring a balloon release, community choirs and national acts. The Rouse company partnered with City of Jacksonville, who contributed $20 million to the construction.[3]
In 2003, the Rouse Company announced it would sell the Jacksonville Landing to local developer Toney Sleiman for $5.1 million.[4] The Florida Times-Union revealed that Sleiman, who bought the buildings but not the city-owned land, would not have to pay the $100,000 rent required by the City of Jacksonville for the land until the city provided the 800 parking spaces it had promised the previous owners.[5]
In 2010, the 23-year obligation was finally resolved. The Jacksonville City Council passed a bill to contribute $3.5 million toward Sleiman's purchase of an existing parking lot across from the Landing. That money included a 20-year parking validation program at a cost of $2.5 million to the city. Mayor John Peyton vetoed the bill, but the council voted unanimously to override the veto.[6]

According to the Duval County Property Appraiser, the City of Jacksonville owns the land only, and Jacksonville Landing Investments, LLC owns the building. As the OP was questioning carry in the building, it seems that that private property applies.

rvrctyrngr

According to the Duval County Property Appraiser, the City of Jacksonville owns the land only, and Jacksonville Landing Investments, LLC owns the building. As the OP was questioning carry in the building, it seems that that private property applies.

You are correct, Rich. Jax still owns the land, but Toney owns everything else, and it's costing him big-time. FLA-GA and Gator Bowl weekends are about the only time that albatross brings in any coin. I can't even remember the last time I went to the Landing...all of 4 miles away.