• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hunter safety video. Near fatal shotgun mistake.wmv

rcav8r

Lots of controversy on this one, as a lot of people think it's fake because of "jumping" frames, or because of the gun stock "vibrating" like it's rubber when it goes off.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

IT guy says not that he can tell. Ran it on his fancy video editing software and monitor and could see nothing suspicious.

Interceptor_Knight

Not only is it fake, it's not real...:dude:
The first 2 shots and his breath produce significant condensation as it is obviously cool outside. The fake "shot" produced no visible recoil and very little if anything coming out of the barrel. It is almost as if the video was cut and pasted together from a different day. One sequence with him looking down the barrel and another of the shotgun going off a different time.

M

McX

it's all cool, 'sallright............since he did so bad at hunter safety, he's going to use it to get his CC permit.

protias

I saw this on another forum. It is fake. The way hit hat flew off was from CO2 or compressed air blowing on his face. Also notice the lack of powder burn on his face.

Steeler-gal

Totally fake. The audio and video don't line up. The echo of the shot I'd perfect on his first shot and delayed on the second. I don't think so. Makes a good point but is fake.

Dogbait

Gets the point across.

Same for this video:

[video=youtube;E535DlbqKAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E535DlbqKAI&feature=related[/video]

Here's another hunter video:

[video=youtube;HEOEu6k6sFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEOEu6k6sFE&feature=related[/video]

Last edited: