• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

updated doj website

xenophon

I applaud DOJ for at least updating the website and putting good info on there. I think they are trying to do the right thing and provide as much info as possible. For example, they state if your old training cert doesn't meet requirements, they give some suggestions on what can help bring it in line.

List of states WI recognizes is cool to see also.

HandyHamlet

I applaud DOJ for at least updating the website and putting good info on there. I think they are trying to do the right thing and provide as much info as possible.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

That's great. Wanna cookie too?

Last edited:

Packfanatic

Sweet

I applaud DOJ for at least updating the website and putting good info on there. I think they are trying to do the right thing and provide as much info as possible. For example, they state if your old training cert doesn't meet requirements, they give some suggestions on what can help bring it in line.

List of states WI recognizes is cool to see also.

SO now it looks like i can submit my DD214 and I am good to go. no other crap needed. I could also submit my Utah CCP with the small affirmation sheet and sign that as well. So apparently it is not all that bad. very good post +1000!!

Outdoorsman1

Your application must:

Include a check made out to the Wisconsin Department of Justice in the amount of $50.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ConcealedCarry.asp

Nothing but a bunch of c*ck s*cking leaches.

Handy, Handy, ...... Handy..... Oh my....

My good man.... I know how you feel and fell pretty much the same way but such verbage.... Oh my....

I sometimes wish I had your vast knowledge of the spoken word surrounding the crotchal area as well as the area north of the testicle region.... but even with such knowledge, I would feel like a dick out of water using such verbage...

On point: Me thinks the $50.00 is the $37.00 permit fee and the $13.00 BCF (Background Check Fee) which oh wise one, you of course already knew....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Yah, you are right. Sometimes I get all wrapped up in truth...

$50 is a small price to pay to be able to exercise my Constitutional Right. We conveniently won't factor in the cost of training.

I mean, at least I didn't have to sacrifice my life for my Constitutional Right. Unlike my friends, family, forefathers...

So by all means, keep sucking up to our glorious, generous, and magnanimous Republican Party Masters. I'm right there with you buddy!

:banana:

On point: Me thinks the $50.00 is the $37.00 permit fee and the $13.00 BCF (Background Check Fee) which oh wise one, you of course already knew....

Outdoorsman1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks for pointing that out! I am an idiot. I'm still going to rant though!

( still laughing at myself... )

Last edited:

mrjam2jab

Out-of-state Licenses Recognized in Wisconsin
Licensees from any of the listed states will be recognized in Wisconsin as an out-of-state licensee per Sec. 175.60 (1)(g) Wis. Stats. This was determined based on the statutory requirement in s. 165.25 (12) that the listed state requires, or designates that the holder chose to submit, to a background search that is comparable to Wisconsin’s background check in s. 175.60 (1)(ac). Wisconsin’s background check includes only two components (1) A criminal history record search; (2) A search of the national instant criminal background check system (NICS). If another states background check meets the same requirements a Wisconsin resident must meet, the DOJ has recognized that state. The DOJ has tried to be as inclusive as possible and will periodically check and update the list if other states can be added. This list is current as of 10/18/11:

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands

Wonder how they came up with that list? Montana has a similar criteria...and their list is quite different.

IcrewUH60

Handy, Handy, ...... Handy..... Oh my....

My good man.... I know how you feel and fell pretty much the same way but such verbage.... Oh my....

I sometimes wish I had your vast knowledge of the spoken word surrounding the crotchal area as well as the area north of the testicle region.... but even with such knowledge, I would feel like a dick out of water using such verbage...

Outdoorsman1

I agree. "Leaches" may be a little too harsh, after all the DOJ is just doing what they think is best for us. I'ts for our own good, citizens.

there was a famous quote by A. Lincoln... something about interfering with the constitution.... if I could just find it

Outdoorsman1

I agree. "Leaches" may be a little too harsh, after all the DOJ is just doing what they think is best for us. I'ts for our own good, citizens.

there was a famous quote by A. Lincoln... something about interfering with the constitution.... if I could just find it

He said "Leaches"...?????

On point: Still no word on if the will be accepting applications in person on Nov. 1. Seems like we got the application thing covered if someone can show up with a printer, but iif they are not accepting application at their office well then.... I will have to think on that...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

IcrewUH60

He said "Leaches"...?????

yeah, the special kind

On point: Still no word on if the will be accepting applications in person on Nov. 1. Seems like we got the application thing covered if someone can shoeup with a printer, but iif they are not accepting application at their office well then.... I will have to think on that...

Outdoorsman1

I don't have a portable printer but would be happy to bring my laptop.

Outdoorsman1

Grant Guess

I won't be celebrating just yet.

The DoJ has effectively set up all non-DoJ certified instructors (that would be not of the "Order of the Secret Handshake") for a possible liability issue. They lay out the course and they even lay out how the student should be tested. They even tell instructors to retain every copy of test evaluations in the event that during the course of litigation, the legitimacy of training can be verified (under course documentation). That evaluation is to a prescribed standard (the written test of the Order of the Secret Handshake).

Only they do not allow instructors that are not a badge carrying member of the "Order of the Secret Handshake" to have access to the written test or the answers.

It could be argued in court that any test that does not have the platinum stamp of approval by the Order of the Secret Handshake is not worth the paper it is printed on. Then, your attorney fees defending your test as valid would eat you from house and home.

Thanks for protecting your own, Van Hollen.

Last edited:

Packfanatic

i think it is cheaper in WI

? Isn't that pretty cheap compared to other states?

Kansas

1. For new applications or those which have permanently expired, you must attach two money orders or cashier‟s checks:
(1) For $100 ($50 if retired law enforcement officer) payable to “Office of the Attorney General”
(2) For $32.50 payable to “Sheriff of ____________ County,” (put your county of residence in the blank
space)