Thread: reciprocity list

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar

reciprocity list

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    this is the list that wi will recognize i jumped the gun
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
    So what's the problem with: Alaska, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Virginia, & West Virginia? Is DOJ claiming these States don't do a thorough enough background check before issuing a CC permit? That's the ONLY criteria in Act 35. Some of the above "not honored" require a FBI fingerprint check. WTF?

It also says that now that this list has been approved, DOJ is now authorized to enter in reciprocity agreements with other states. Hopefully that explains some of the ommitted states.

The DOJ website (updated today) also says the permit fee will be the full $50 as allowed by the law (surprise surprise), and it has the address where to send applications. Again it says apps won't be "released" until Nov. 1st. Now there's recipe for a website crash on Nov. 1st, eh?
    Last edited by safcrkr; 10-20-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by safcrkr View Post
    So what's the problem with: Alaska, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Virginia, & West Virginia? Is DOJ claiming these States don't do a thorough enough background check before issuing a CC permit? That's the ONLY criteria in Act 35. Some of the above "not honored" require a FBI fingerprint check. WTF?

The DOJ website (updated today) also says the permit fee will be the full $50 as allowed by the law (surprise surprise), and it has the address where to send applications. Again it says apps won't be "released" until Nov. 1st. Now there's recipe for a website crash on Nov. 1st, eh?
    I think they are still in process of evaluating. They said that's up to date as of 10/18.

I wonder if that will mean we can carry in MI with our WI permit. That would be nice.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    To be technical, this is a recognition list, not reciprocity. Reciprocity usually requires some sort of agreement between the states. Recognition can be one way.

To follow the law, WI has to recognize all states that have permits with background checks as stringent or more stringent than ours.

Reciprocity is a negotiated agreement between states that don't necessarily meet the letter of the law for automatic recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I wonder if that will mean we can carry in MI with our WI permit. That would be nice.
    Yes, Michigan honors any valid permit, as long as you are a resident of the state that issued the permit.
    Rand Paul 2016

There's no way California, New York, Maryland will recognize a Wisconsin permit.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    There's no way California, New York, Maryland will recognize a Wisconsin permit.
    Hence recognition and not reciprocity.

McX
    i grant recognition, and reciprocity with everyone...........but i'm funny that way, not like i'm a state or nothin...........fact i am just nothin.

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, McX.

As to Oregon, they recognize no-ones permit but their own, and only neighbor states can obtain a non-resident OR permit. HR 822 will fix this if it ever passes.

I am very pleased to see WA on that list, even though we have not seen anything here yet. After 1 Nov I'll go check our AG site again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    There's no way California, New York, Maryland, Oregon, Hawaii, New Jersey, Massachussettes, Connneticut, Rhode Island, and Washington DC will recognize a Wisconsin permit.
    There, I fixed it for ya.

Those state recoginizes NOONES permits but there own.

Oh i forgot Illinios.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 10-21-2011 at 01:50 AM.