• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

reciprocity list

oliverclotheshoff

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands

safcrkr

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands

So what's the problem with: Alaska, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Virginia, & West Virginia? Is DOJ claiming these States don't do a thorough enough background check before issuing a CC permit? That's the ONLY criteria in Act 35. Some of the above "not honored" require a FBI fingerprint check. WTF?

It also says that now that this list has been approved, DOJ is now authorized to enter in reciprocity agreements with other states. Hopefully that explains some of the ommitted states.

The DOJ website (updated today) also says the permit fee will be the full $50 as allowed by the law (surprise surprise), and it has the address where to send applications. Again it says apps won't be "released" until Nov. 1st. Now there's recipe for a website crash on Nov. 1st, eh?

Last edited:

xenophon

So what's the problem with: Alaska, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Virginia, & West Virginia? Is DOJ claiming these States don't do a thorough enough background check before issuing a CC permit? That's the ONLY criteria in Act 35. Some of the above "not honored" require a FBI fingerprint check. WTF?

The DOJ website (updated today) also says the permit fee will be the full $50 as allowed by the law (surprise surprise), and it has the address where to send applications. Again it says apps won't be "released" until Nov. 1st. Now there's recipe for a website crash on Nov. 1st, eh?

I think they are still in process of evaluating. They said that's up to date as of 10/18.

Zeus

I wonder if that will mean we can carry in MI with our WI permit. That would be nice.

paul@paul-fisher.com

To be technical, this is a recognition list, not reciprocity. Reciprocity usually requires some sort of agreement between the states. Recognition can be one way.

To follow the law, WI has to recognize all states that have permits with background checks as stringent or more stringent than ours.

Reciprocity is a negotiated agreement between states that don't necessarily meet the letter of the law for automatic recognition.

M

McX

i grant recognition, and reciprocity with everyone...........but i'm funny that way, not like i'm a state or nothin...........fact i am just nothin.

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, McX.

hermannr

As to Oregon, they recognize no-ones permit but their own, and only neighbor states can obtain a non-resident OR permit. HR 822 will fix this if it ever passes.

I am very pleased to see WA on that list, even though we have not seen anything here yet. After 1 Nov I'll go check our AG site again.

BROKENSPROKET

There's no way California, New York, Maryland, Oregon, Hawaii, New Jersey, Massachussettes, Connneticut, Rhode Island, and Washington DC will recognize a Wisconsin permit.

There, I fixed it for ya.

Those state recoginizes NOONES permits but there own.

Oh i forgot Illinios.

Last edited: