• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NY Atty Gen 'warns' about national CCW reciprocity

MilProGuy

"He is clearly categorizing law-abiding armed citizens in the same column as illegal gun traffickers and other criminals. Legally-armed, law-abiding citizens don’t carry zip-guns, or handguns from which serial numbers have been removed, or sawed-off shotguns, or stolen handguns.

A citizen’s self-defense rights, same as his or her right to keep and bear arms, does not end at a state line. Schneiderman, as an officer of the court, should fully understand that 16 months after the McDonald Second Amendment ruling."

The bill will be one of the best pieces of legislation to go through Congress in the last 50 years.

Last edited:

amlevin

[/B][/I]The bill will be one of the best pieces of legislation to go through Congress in the last 50 years.

Only to be vetoed by Obama when it reaches his desk. All the more reason to contact Congressmen and encourage their support. If it were to pass with a "veto proof" majority then Obama is of no consequence.

Flopsweat

Only to be vetoed by Obama when it reaches his desk. All the more reason to contact Congressmen and encourage their support. If it were to pass with a "veto proof" majority then Obama is of no consequence.

I have to wonder about that. A veto could blow his whole "Don't be silly - I'm not anti-gun" act. He'd have to figure out a way to explain how vetoing a pro-2A bill isn't really being anti-gun. Then again, he's pretty talented at manipulating the truth.

By all means, contact your Congressman. The points that I would stress are (1) Concealed carry permit/license holders are statistically one of the most law-abiding demographics in the nation. (2) Schneiderman has absolutely no statistics to back up his hysterical predictions. In fact, the statistics go directly against his claims. Maybe include a few links to Guncite.com or the like. (3) People who have proven themselves responsible in their home state will not suddenly decide to break the law while in New York. Why does Mr. Schneiderman insist on insulting your constituents?

I liked this comment from the article:

"Let’s recap.

You want to ban guns but you’re met with opposition at every turn. Since you have no popular, monetary, or political way to make this happen, you feel completely helpless to change any of this.

That must suck."

:)

amlevin

I have to wonder about that. A veto could blow his whole "Don't be silly - I'm not anti-gun" act. He'd have to figure out a way to explain how vetoing a pro-2A bill isn't really being anti-gun. Then again, he's pretty talented at manipulating the truth.

Obama has "blown" a lot of things he originally presented. First and foremost was the idea that he's actually "Smart".