• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer P250

carry for myself

P250 is a great gun. especially seeing as the MSRP just dropped from $750 to around $500. built well. accurate , reliable. light weight, nothing to hang up on clothing. available serpa holsters for it. only issue i noticed with mine was the trigger tended to easily rust when carried CC. guess the finish on it is not very moisture resistant. i usually cleaned the trigger every week with solvent and brushed it down. other than that. its worth the money.

dont throw cheapo ammo through it though. horribly inaccurate with anything less than WWB. i couldnt group less than 5" at 10 feet with tull ammo. neither could my girlfriends father who does pro comps. threw in some fiocchi XTP and was grouping 4" at 25 yards sooo.. it doesnt like junk :)

.45acp

My wife carries a P 250 Compact in 9mm.

She likes it and shoots it well. It took her 400 or 500 rounds to really get the trigger sorted out after shooting 1911's. But she is very comfortable with it, and has reasonable controlled pairs regarding speed and accuracy, but most importantly she can absolutely hit her targets at 3 to 15 yards. Most of her shooting is on the full-sized silhouettes. On a recent outing she kept 50 rounds inside the 9 ring shooting 3 round strings, 50 rounds in the head shooting pairs.

I'll second the warning about ammo, my wife's gun does not like the aluminum cased Blazer ammo at all, my reloads function without issue (115 gr and 124 gr) as well and PMC, Magtech or Win White Box.
She has about 5000 rounds through the gun in the past 2 years.

Last edited:

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
How would you compare the P250 trigger to the DA mode on the CZ-82 trigger?
So the trigger is metal? and requires special attention for corrosion control?
I'm thinking about buying the 9mm P250 and then the .357 slide conversion kit. My 3 current carry guns are a CZ-82, Glock 26, and GP100(4").
I'm hoping to make the P250 my primary dual use(OC/CC) gun. Do you think I'll like it? Not sure what holster I'd get I like 3 slot leather OWB holsters a lot.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, but I've always been of the mentality that the P250 isn't a real Sig, LOL. Call me old fashioned, but I figure if I ever buy a Sig, it won't be a polymer-framed DAO model. I'm going for the real deal, DA/SA steel frame baby! If I want a polymer framed DA pistol, I'm getting another Glock (Already have 2), another Ruger SR-series gun (Got 2 of those too), or a Springfield XD.

YMMV ;)

carry for myself

How would you compare the P250 trigger to the DA mode on the CZ-82 trigger?
So the trigger is metal? and requires special attention for corrosion control?
I'm thinking about buying the 9mm P250 and then the .357 slide conversion kit. My 3 current carry guns are a CZ-82, Glock 26, and GP100(4").
I'm hoping to make the P250 my primary dual use(OC/CC) gun. Do you think I'll like it? Not sure what holster I'd get I like 3 slot leather OWB holsters a lot.

you will like it. just if you store it. store it with a silica gel pack. wont have rust issue then. and if you CC , wipe it at the end of the day with a rem wipe or some lube on a cloth.

i would more of reccomend the .40 and the .357 vs the 9mm and the .357 on the sole basis of training and recol. the .357 is almost the same size as the 9mm but the recoil difference is shocking. if you train with the 9mm. and become accurate with it, then use the the .357 for SD. your going to have a rude awakening in accuracy when you use the larger caliber. the .357 recoil closely resembles a .45acp in my opinion. looks small but kicks like a government mule

the .40 S&W recoil more resembles the .357 sig than the 9mm does. *granted the .357 sig kicks like a .357 mag* it is a closer match. NTM it takes a heavier recoil spring to handle the .357 than the 9mm will come with. but a .40 S&W recoil spring will handle both :)

Last edited:

carry for myself

.357 sig has more penitrating power. does alot better on car doors, windshilds, and heavy clothing. the .40 has more powder, and a larger surface area and a slower velocity. i would rate them about equal. each has its strengths and weaknesses.

only advantage .40 really has is price. right now at cabelas here in maine a 50ct box of .40 runs about $24 where as a 50ct box of .357 sig runs almost $37-$40 and winchester silver tip haha thats over $70

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
I've seen steep discounts on .357 from time to time. So if one bought a p250 in .40 would one simply switch the barrel for .357? And you're suggesting practicing with .40 and some .357 would be more suitable for carrying it in .357 than practicing with .357 and 9mm for carrying .357?