Thread: Fresno to possibly go shall-issue

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Fresno to possibly go shall-issue

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...r-with-fresno/

I'd recommend anybody living in Fresno to attend the city council meeting next week and voice your support.

Based on my intel, this is almost certainly not going to the council as was announced. We sent letters articulating our concerns that the proposed policy (as represented by Councilman Brand) likely violates state law and infringes on the second amendment/privacy rights of law abiding residents; I think he will probably back away from this one and come back with a better proposal.

-Brandon
    Brandon Combs
    Secretary, Calguns Foundation
    Member, CRPA Board of Directors

Join me in making regular monthly tax-deductible donations to the Calguns Foundation and help us advance gun rights in California today!

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all comments are my own and not the approved position of any organization, nor should they be considered legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
    Based on my intel, this is almost certainly not going to the council as was announced. We sent letters articulating our concerns that the proposed policy (as represented by Councilman Brand) likely violates state law and infringes on the second amendment/privacy rights of law abiding residents; I think he will probably back away from this one and come back with a better proposal.

-Brandon
    I haven't seen the proposed ordinance, but how does it infringe upon the right to privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Save Our State View Post
    I haven't seen the proposed ordinance, but how does it infringe upon the right to privacy?
    Probably requires extra illegal steps prior to issuance or something like that. Like a psych test.

Sent from my TracFone

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
    Probably requires extra illegal steps prior to issuance or something like that. Like a psych test.
    I thought psych testing was legal under 12054(c)?