Thread: camp ellis rod and gun?

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar

camp ellis rod and gun?

anyone know anything about this place? been looking for a good place to go shooting whenever i darned feel like it lol. everywhere is so expensive. and i havnt been to the range in some time * i know shame on me*. My sister had a membership there last summer. i went with her a ton of times and she said meetings are on wed night. at 7........and to just go with $20 and get a membership. i've showed up 8 weeks in a row on wed at 7 and its deserted. saco PD says its still an active gun club. and its pretty cheap. anyone a member? or know of another place thats as cheap or free to shoot in the southern maine area?
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Try giving them a call, might have to leave a message.

Camp Ellis Rod Gun Club
    13 Woodcock Avenue
    Saco
    , ME 04072-2534
    map

Phone: (207) 284-7895
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

woah. where did you find that lol i've been trying to research them for years and all i ever came up with was city planning maps lol thanks grapeshot :-)
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    woah. where did you find that lol i've been trying to research them for years and all i ever came up with was city planning maps lol thanks grapeshot :-)

Sure is a lot of Déjà vu with this
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

this place is ridiculous , i called and was told the guy that runs it no longer runs it due to heart issues, was given a phone number of another "guy" who is supposed to run the place now, left him 3 voice mails so far, no call back, and now it goes straight to voice mail like the phone is off.........ughhh i have not shot my 1911 yet and cant afford "big range" prices........so if anyone in southern Maine knows a place to shoot "that i won get shot by a hunter going after grouse"......i would severely appreciate it
    Last edited by carry for myself; 10-28-2011 at 12:49 PM.

so im new to this forum, but I have to ask, did you ever hear back? I also have been with a friend, and have tried to join myself, but it seems impossible....

I would like to join as well.

Did either of you guys have any luck contacting someone? Or finding an alternative place to shoot?