Thread: Van Hollen letter to NRA

Van Hollen letter to NRA

I am wondering what he wrote to the NRA. Thearticle says he explained how he could change the law. No specifics in article.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/A...132276998.html

I am sure he just spews the same reasoning and lines he has already used to justify these rules. It might be interesting to see the letter nonetheless. I didn't see anything in the article about his stating anything about how he could/would change the law. There's no info on the DOJ website but I wouldn't expect to see it there. Maybe the NRA will release it. Otherwise, if someone really wanted to see it they could make a FOIA request. Prob not worth it in my opinion.

No need for a fancy FOIA request. You just have to know where to look.

Hint: Usually in the basement.

Here's old BJ and his letter to the NRA.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

He got scolded by the NRA, Senator Galloway and Governor Walker and he still thinks he is right.

Maybe he thinks he doesn't have to listen until he starts campaigning again in 2013.

There would be alot more of these, but I just found out there is a limit on how many can be used.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 10-21-2011 at 02:03 AM.

He is toast. He just doesn't know it yet.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I love the fact they used a picture of open carry for a concealed carry story. Don't get me wrong, a picture of proper ccw wouldn't make sense, its just funny. Moving along...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Another article.... Little more detail....

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/sta...9f6b96545.html

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    Another article.... Little more detail....

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/sta...9f6b96545.html

Outdoorsman1
    From the article:

"In an acknowledgement of the NRA's power, Van Hollen concluded the letter by saying he personally believes the law shouldn't mandate any training, but he has to interpret the law as written and the association can weigh in on the permanent rules."

So he personally believes the law shouldn't mandate any training but instead of just following the letter of the law, which requires some evidence of training, he decides to mandate four hours of training.

Quote Originally Posted by McNutty View Post
    So he personally believes the law shouldn't mandate any training but instead of just following the letter of the law, which requires some evidence of training, he decides to mandate four hours of training.
    Political speak 101

He has quite simply shown himself to be just another liar politician.

BJ Van Hollen:
    "We have merely interpreted the statutory language as narrowly as possible to carry out the Legislature's intent," Van Hollen wrote.

Sen Pam:
    "The issue is that the four-hour training requirement isn't in the law and that the attorney general is rewriting the law I was elected to write," Galloway said Friday. "It was very clear in the law that they're not supposed to impose these kinds of restrictions."

Read more: http://www.journaltimes.com/news/sta...#ixzz1bR0EwzZV
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ain-gun-permit
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Political speak 101

He has quite simply shown himself to be just another liar politician.
    Oh I get it. I wanted to say that I was amazed at the brazenness of the hypocrisy but I know I shouldn't be amazed. Unfortunately, having a certain level of integrity would seem to disqualify me for public office. I just don't have it in me to engage in such doublethink.

He is trying to justify his corrupt ways. I think he wanted the law written the way he interpeted it, so he had what him and his liberal employees wanted.

Appears JB wasn't keeping an eye on his Madistan staff, most of whom got hired under Doyle when he was AG and Lautenschlager. The Legislative Reference Bureau (full of Madistan burro-rats) reviews proposed rules for statutory authority. LRB in its review of the proposed rules would have to given a wink and nod to DOJ.

See page 40:

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lc/adminr...les_manual.pdf
    Last edited by Flipper; 10-21-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

NRA is suing.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    NRA is suing.
    Citation?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

NRA is suing.
    Elaboration..????

So how would / could this effect the applications being available on Nov.1...?????

We are so close...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Elaboration..????

So how would / could this effect the applications being available on Nov.1...?????

We are so close...

Outdoorsman1
    Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Citation?
    Oh ye of little faith...

"The NRA is deeply disappointed in Van Hollen’s decision and will do whatever it can to overturn it, said NRA spokesman Andrew Arulananda"

http://host.madison.com/news/local/g...63ec16797.html

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Oh ye of little faith...

"The NRA is deeply disappointed in Van Hollen’s decision and will do whatever it can to overturn it, said NRA spokesman Andrew Arulananda"

http://host.madison.com/news/local/g...63ec16797.html
    I believe they might but they will wait until the rules become permanent. The legislature can fix the rules.

Elaboration..????

We are so close...

Outdoorsman1
    It will be implemented as is. They are not seeking a stay of the law, and when the rules do get revised it will require less than you have already provided. It will just return the DOJ rules to compliance with the law as written not as Van Stalin imagines.