• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Van Hollen letter to NRA

McNutty

I am sure he just spews the same reasoning and lines he has already used to justify these rules. It might be interesting to see the letter nonetheless. I didn't see anything in the article about his stating anything about how he could/would change the law. There's no info on the DOJ website but I wouldn't expect to see it there. Maybe the NRA will release it. Otherwise, if someone really wanted to see it they could make a FOIA request. Prob not worth it in my opinion.

HandyHamlet

No need for a fancy FOIA request. You just have to know where to look.

Hint: Usually in the basement.

Here's old BJ and his letter to the NRA.

[video=youtube;mQ-ivGJNRe8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ-ivGJNRe8[/video]

BROKENSPROKET

He got scolded by the NRA, Senator Galloway and Governor Walker and he still thinks he is right. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Maybe he thinks he doesn't have to listen until he starts campaigning again in 2013.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

There would be alot more of these, :banghead: but I just found out there is a limit on how many can be used.:banghead:

Last edited:

Mlutz

I love the fact they used a picture of open carry for a concealed carry story. Don't get me wrong, a picture of proper ccw wouldn't make sense, its just funny. Moving along...

McNutty

From the article:

"In an acknowledgement of the NRA's power, Van Hollen concluded the letter by saying he personally believes the law shouldn't mandate any training, but he has to interpret the law as written and the association can weigh in on the permanent rules."

So he personally believes the law shouldn't mandate any training but instead of just following the letter of the law, which requires some evidence of training, he decides to mandate four hours of training.

HandyHamlet

So he personally believes the law shouldn't mandate any training but instead of just following the letter of the law, which requires some evidence of training, he decides to mandate four hours of training.

Political speak 101

He has quite simply shown himself to be just another liar politician.

BJ Van Hollen:
"We have merely interpreted the statutory language as narrowly as possible to carry out the Legislature's intent," Van Hollen wrote.

Sen Pam:
"The issue is that the four-hour training requirement isn't in the law and that the attorney general is rewriting the law I was elected to write," Galloway said Friday. "It was very clear in the law that they're not supposed to impose these kinds of restrictions."

Read more: http://www.journaltimes.com/news/st...d29-5c50-8ba8-65f9f6b96545.html#ixzz1bR0EwzZV
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...oway-angered-by-new-mandate-obtain-gun-permit

McNutty

Political speak 101

He has quite simply shown himself to be just another liar politician.

Oh I get it. I wanted to say that I was amazed at the brazenness of the hypocrisy but I know I shouldn't be amazed. Unfortunately, having a certain level of integrity would seem to disqualify me for public office. I just don't have it in me to engage in such doublethink.

kemo

He is trying to justify his corrupt ways. I think he wanted the law written the way he interpeted it, so he had what him and his liberal employees wanted.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Appears JB wasn't keeping an eye on his Madistan staff, most of whom got hired under Doyle when he was AG and Lautenschlager. The Legislative Reference Bureau (full of Madistan burro-rats) reviews proposed rules for statutory authority. LRB in its review of the proposed rules would have to given a wink and nod to DOJ.

See page 40:

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lc/adminrules/files/admin_rules_manual.pdf

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

oak1971

Elaboration..????

So how would / could this effect the applications being available on Nov.1...?????

We are so close...

Outdoorsman1

It will be implemented as is. They are not seeking a stay of the law, and when the rules do get revised it will require less than you have already provided. It will just return the DOJ rules to compliance with the law as written not as Van Stalin imagines.