Thread: new hereand have a couple questions

new hereand have a couple questions

Hello my names Dakota, glad to be here. I live in Franklin county and was wondering the age of which you can purchase a hand gun and carry one. I would appreciate Insights on this as well as any other knowledge you want to share. Thank you

18 for rifle, 21 for handgun. You can buy any gun at 18 "privately" through a friend or relative as long as they didn't buy it FOR you from a dealer.

As far as carrying, you can concealed carry in your vehicle and residence, but not in public without a permit at 21. You can also open carry (on your hip) at 21 without a permit in most cities/counties/areas. Check with your cities ordinances, and give the county sheriff a call.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota1820 View Post
    Hello my names Dakota, glad to be here. I live in Franklin county and was wondering the age of which you can purchase a hand gun and carry one. I would appreciate Insights on this as well as any other knowledge you want to share. Thank you
    To get the most information about firearms in Missouri I suggest you subscribe to the web discussion site:
    www.missouricarry.com
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Welcome to the forum, Dakota!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    To get the most information about firearms in Missouri I suggest you subscribe to the web discussion site:
    www.missouricarry.com
    Wish that site had an Open Carry subforum, preferably one that is right above the Concealed Carry subforum.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Verd View Post
    Wish that site had an Open Carry subforum, preferably one that is right above the Concealed Carry subforum.
    Well you have an OC forum right here, so I guess I don't see what the gain would be ? You can still talk about OC there just as you can CC here .

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    Well you have an OC forum right here, so I guess I don't see what the gain would be ? You can still talk about OC there just as you can CC here .
    Because it is called "missouricarry" and in missouri, Open Carry is a legal way to carry.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Verd View Post
    Because it is called "missouricarry" and in missouri, Open Carry is a legal way to carry.
    I know that and do it all the time.

I guess I miss your point ?

Like I said, you can talk about OC there, there is just not a specific forum for it because it's not a main focus of that particular sight. That said, it is still discussed on the forums at times, and arcticles/ links pertaining to OC are posted when something pops up.

Just go post about it if there is something you need to say, it's perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    I know that and do it all the time.

I guess I miss your point ?

Like I said, you can talk about OC there, there is just not a specific forum for it because it's not a main focus of that particular sight. That said, it is still discussed on the forums at times, and arcticles/ links pertaining to OC are posted when something pops up.

Just go post about it if there is something you need to say, it's perfectly fine.
    It has perhaps the most knowledgeable people in the State on firearms laws in Missouri, many of the folks there were and are the most involved people in getting CCW in Missouri. But the main focus of the Missouri Shooters Association is getting the next generation of shooters educated and exposed to firearms and their interest in keeping our freedom free. With over 7,000 subscribers and a wealth of information available I highly recommend not only subscribing but joining the MSSA. It's a bargain for the price!
    (See membership - it's cheap) Oh and if your interested in getting fireararms, ammunition or supplies from the CMP Program (Example - very nice M-1 Garands and 30-06 ammo at a bargain) they qualify as a sponsor organization, which is required by CMP!
    The price of freedom is not free!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO