• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new hereand have a couple questions

dakota1820

Hello my names Dakota, glad to be here. I live in Franklin county and was wondering the age of which you can purchase a hand gun and carry one. I would appreciate Insights on this as well as any other knowledge you want to share. Thank you

NeoShade

18 for rifle, 21 for handgun. You can buy any gun at 18 "privately" through a friend or relative as long as they didn't buy it FOR you from a dealer.

As far as carrying, you can concealed carry in your vehicle and residence, but not in public without a permit at 21. You can also open carry (on your hip) at 21 without a permit in most cities/counties/areas. Check with your cities ordinances, and give the county sheriff a call.

mspgunner

Hello my names Dakota, glad to be here. I live in Franklin county and was wondering the age of which you can purchase a hand gun and carry one. I would appreciate Insights on this as well as any other knowledge you want to share. Thank you

To get the most information about firearms in Missouri I suggest you subscribe to the web discussion site:
www.missouricarry.com

Festus_Hagen

Because it is called "missouricarry" and in missouri, Open Carry is a legal way to carry.
I know that and do it all the time.

I guess I miss your point ? :eek:

Like I said, you can talk about OC there, there is just not a specific forum for it because it's not a main focus of that particular sight. That said, it is still discussed on the forums at times, and arcticles/ links pertaining to OC are posted when something pops up.

Just go post about it if there is something you need to say, it's perfectly fine. :D

mspgunner

I know that and do it all the time.

I guess I miss your point ? :eek:

Like I said, you can talk about OC there, there is just not a specific forum for it because it's not a main focus of that particular sight. That said, it is still discussed on the forums at times, and arcticles/ links pertaining to OC are posted when something pops up.

Just go post about it if there is something you need to say, it's perfectly fine. :D

It has perhaps the most knowledgeable people in the State on firearms laws in Missouri, many of the folks there were and are the most involved people in getting CCW in Missouri. But the main focus of the Missouri Shooters Association is getting the next generation of shooters educated and exposed to firearms and their interest in keeping our freedom free. With over 7,000 subscribers and a wealth of information available I highly recommend not only subscribing but joining the MSSA. It's a bargain for the price!
(See membership - it's cheap) Oh and if your interested in getting fireararms, ammunition or supplies from the CMP Program (Example - very nice M-1 Garands and 30-06 ammo at a bargain) they qualify as a sponsor organization, which is required by CMP!
The price of freedom is not free!!!!!!!!!!!!