• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need to borrow a non WI resident with a non WI permit 11/8

TyGuy

Is the county building posted?

What's the address of the building?

I am a FIB with Utah and Pennsylvania.

Interceptor_Knight

Would not you carrying a pocketknife (that "opens with a motion" as I recall the definition of switchblade) be simpler, safer (for the scapegoat) and more straight forward?

Because we are law abiding citizens and not criminals..
A "switchblade" is illegal before and after November 1st. A handgun is Legal as of November 1st for a licensee and an out-of-state licensee.
941.24 Possession of switchblade knife. (1) Whoever
manufactures, sells or offers to sell, transports, purchases, possesses or goes armed with any knife having a blade which opens
by pressing a button, spring or other device in the handle or by
gravity or by a thrust or movement is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor
Please read the Statutes...

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
A "switchblade" is illegal before and after November 1st. A handgun is Legal as of November 1st for a licensee and an out-of-state licensee.

Fixed blade knives are a smarter alternative to folding knives. why ? you don't have to open it to use it.

Wihunter

I am a law abiding citizen as I am sure Herr Koch is also. No one told anyone to carry a switchblade, the poster merely asked a question.

Interceptor_Knight

Fixed blade knives are a smarter alternative to folding knives. why ? you don't have to open it to use it.

I don't see how it is "smarter". They are more cumbersome to carry. There are applications where a fixed blade knife makes sense, but I prefer a folding knife for practical carry. If you want to deploy something quickly which is an effective defense tool and effective in a wide spectrum of scenarios, it is hard to beat a collapsible baton.

paul@paul-fisher.com

So why all this chit chat about getting arrested?

People were crying that the sky is falling. Obviously cops can do whatever they want, all I'm saying is that if they did, it wouldn't stick because we (you) wouldn't be breaking any law, assuming they don't put a sign up.

Interceptor_Knight

I am a law abiding citizen as I am sure Herr Koch is also. No one told anyone to carry a switchblade, the poster merely asked a question.

Herr Koch stated that a switchblade was simpler safer and more straight forward and you ditto'd it......
I didn't say that either of you were not law abiding. I explained why the carry of a switchblade is a poor alternative to a handgun.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I don't see how it is "smarter". They are more cumbersome to carry. There are applications where a fixed blade knife makes sense, but I prefer a folding knife for practical carry. If you want to deploy something quickly which is an effective defense tool and effective in a wide spectrum of scenarios, it is hard to beat a collapsible baton.

correct me if I am wrong...expandable batons are not billy clubs, therefore one can't legally carry a Expandable baton making this argument a moot point. An instructor we both know teaches that & he also teaches Fixed Blades are a smarter alternative to Folding knives but then a again he teaches carrying knives are kinda Dumb anyways since only a complete moron would bring a knife to a gun fight..... If ya carry a gun you don't need to worry about the knife..

can anyone cite , that Expandable batons are mentioned in Act 35 as being legal to carry after Nov 1st ? I read that only Billy clubs are good to go...I am pretty sure they are not one in the same..

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Interesting isn't it? A non-resident carrying a non-resident permit can start conceal carry in Wisconsin on 12:01AM Nov. 2. We probably won't start getting our permits to carry until December. In goverment 90% of the work gets done in the last 10% of the schedule. No reason the DoJ can't start receiving application now. All the rules are published and are in effect. They could sart issuing permits Nov. 2nd if they had a mind to. Just another example of an entrenched liberal minded core DoJ trying to preserve a police state. Too many Doyle likers at the level that makes the decisions.

My opinion.

That would be 12:01AM on Nov. 1.

Interceptor_Knight

correct me if I am wrong...expandable batons are not billy clubs, therefore one can't legally carry a Expandable baton making this argument a moot point. An instructor we both know teaches that & he also teaches Fixed Blades are a smarter alternative to Folding knives but then a again he teaches carrying knives are kinda Dumb anyways since only a complete moron would bring a knife to a gun fight..... If ya carry a gun you don't need to worry about the knife..

can anyone cite , that Expandable batons are mentioned in Act 35 as being legal to carry after Nov 1st ? I read that only Billy clubs are good to go...I am pretty sure they are not one in the same..

Nobody can cite the definition of a "billy club" since there is no such definition found in WI Statutes or Admin Code. The possession of expandable or any other batons is not prohibited by WI Statute. If carried in a case on your belt they are not "concealed".
I was not aware of any knife fighting course taught by our mutual friend.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Nobody can cite the definition of a "billy club" since there is no such definition found in WI Statutes or Admin Code. The possession of expandable or any other batons is not prohibited by WI Statute. If carried in a case on your belt they are not "concealed".
I was not aware of any knife fighting course taught by our mutual friend.

As you know our friend does not teach knife fighting, if fact he say's why even bother carrying a knife when you can carry a gun.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

..... why even bother carrying a knife when you can carry a gun.

I often carry a knife at work and other times when I am not carrying a gun and I do not leave my knife at home when I carry my gun. Ever try to cut something with a handgun?
Also, if all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail. A non-firearm weapon at your disposal such as a knife, baton, etc can give you more options when there is a need to use force whether it be deadly or a lesser force.
It is not a bad idea for anyone who carries a gun and seeks carry training to also seek open hand and other weapon training if you are truly carrying for defense and wish to be prepared.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I often carry a knife at work and other times when I am not carrying a gun and I do not leave my knife at home when I carry my gun. Ever try to cut something with a handgun?

Ditto.

I always carry a knife because it is on my keychain. It's Swiss Army. I use it every job. I use it to cut hanger straps and errant threads from dresses. I use the screw driver tool for bustling and buttoning. For sewing buttons... Trimming boutonnières. I could not do my job without a knife. And yet I can't take it into a court building or on a plane... Don't know how many I have had to throw away for forgetting to take 'em off the keyring.

Knifes are badass. And I am badass for carrying one everywhere I go.

:cool:

Victorinox-Classic-SD-Lg.jpg

I have a bunch of these I bought of that auction site if you can't find an out of stater Paul.

Last edited:

kemo

Paul why don't you have someone with an IWB holster with a piece of painted wood in it. That way there is no gun but demonstrate how no one will know it is there. Just so no gun is shown and no one gets in trouble. Just an idea.