Thread: a pleasant encounter at starbucks

a pleasant encounter at starbucks

I was OC'ing today at starbucks in west bend, and a woman and her daughter walked in behind me (daughter was maybe 4 or 5?). Much to my pleasant surprise she made the comment to her daughter "that looks just like mommy's", referring to my G19. I struck up a conversation and it was nice to meet a fellow gun owner! She mentioned they had just gotten back from bear hunting, and she doesn't go out in the woods without at least her glock and a few clips. I don't blame her, as my grandmother lives up there and they have bears and mountain lions all over these days. I talked to her a bit about open carry and directed her here so hopefully she gets the chance to stop in and say hi. She asked if people said anything or she imagined people would freak out, and I told her that she's maybe the 2nd person to ever say anything to me, and that people really don't say or do anything. Would be nice to add another OC'er to our ranks here in west bend!

(I think MKEgal has those vids of a whole lot of people reacting no way whatsoever to her open carry)
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 10-21-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Good that you had a pleasant experiance but, did you ask her the important question....

Firearm Carrier, Bear Hunter, etc., ... My God man.... Did you ask her if she was single....

Just Sayin.....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

McX
    Last edited by McX; 10-22-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Good story. To my knowledge, no crime has ever been prevented before it occurred, by a concealed gun. Just saying, OC has it's advantages
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    Good that you had a pleasant experiance but, did you ask her the important question....

Firearm Carrier, Bear Hunter, etc., ... My God man.... Did you ask her if she was single....

Just Sayin.....

Outdoorsman1
    +1! Always ask that question. Or ask if she has a sister or friend who is single and as cool with firearms as she is. Not, of course asking for myself, but some guys on here need some lovin'!
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!