• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a pleasant encounter at starbucks

bmwguy11

I was OC'ing today at starbucks in west bend, and a woman and her daughter walked in behind me (daughter was maybe 4 or 5?). Much to my pleasant surprise she made the comment to her daughter "that looks just like mommy's", referring to my G19. I struck up a conversation and it was nice to meet a fellow gun owner! She mentioned they had just gotten back from bear hunting, and she doesn't go out in the woods without at least her glock and a few clips. I don't blame her, as my grandmother lives up there and they have bears and mountain lions all over these days. I talked to her a bit about open carry and directed her here so hopefully she gets the chance to stop in and say hi. She asked if people said anything or she imagined people would freak out, and I told her that she's maybe the 2nd person to ever say anything to me, and that people really don't say or do anything. :) Would be nice to add another OC'er to our ranks here in west bend!

(I think MKEgal has those vids of a whole lot of people reacting no way whatsoever to her open carry)

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Good that you had a pleasant experiance but, did you ask her the important question....

Firearm Carrier, Bear Hunter, etc., ... My God man.... Did you ask her if she was single.... :p

Just Sayin.....

Outdoorsman1

Zeus

Good story. To my knowledge, no crime has ever been prevented before it occurred, by a concealed gun. Just saying, OC has it's advantages :)

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Good that you had a pleasant experiance but, did you ask her the important question....

Firearm Carrier, Bear Hunter, etc., ... My God man.... Did you ask her if she was single.... :p

Just Sayin.....

Outdoorsman1

+1! Always ask that question. Or ask if she has a sister or friend who is single and as cool with firearms as she is. Not, of course asking for myself, but some guys on here need some lovin'!