Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO confusion

Cool LEO confusion

How many times are you guys confused as law enforcement officers? It's happened to me twice this week. My girlfriend works at place where the owner lives in California. I went inside the business to get something, and everyone was being particularly nice to me. The business owner was in town and asked if I was a cop, to which my girlfriend says, "no, she just has the right to protect herself." He had could not fathom what she was trying to tell him. I wasn't dressed in a uniform, or even a nice dress shirt. I just had on some pants and a t shirt. How many LEOs do you see dressed like that, riding a bicycle nonetheless?

Quote Originally Posted by azgungirl View Post
    How many times are you guys confused as law enforcement officers? It's happened to me twice this week. My girlfriend works at place where the owner lives in California. I went inside the business to get something, and everyone was being particularly nice to me. The business owner was in town and asked if I was a cop, to which my girlfriend says, "no, she just has the right to protect herself." He had could not fathom what she was trying to tell him. I wasn't dressed in a uniform, or even a nice dress shirt. I just had on some pants and a t shirt. How many LEOs do you see dressed like that, riding a bicycle nonetheless?
    Well don't feel to bad there's a lot of Morons in Kalifornia, and hopefully they will stay in Kalifornia.
    Only the good guys OC-ers, should move to AZ, and keep up the good fight for our rights.
    Carry on !

Robin47

I get this A LOT, and it isn't limited to when I'm OCing either. According to many people, I "look like a cop." When I ask them what exactly a cop looks like when he/she is not in uniform, they usually say "you." Uh huh...

How many LEOs do you see dressed like that, riding a bicycle nonetheless?
    In my area there are two police departments who actually have on-duty uniformed officers who ride bicycles.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

I should have been more specific. It was a bmx bike.

Just got this this morning.
    I think I in no way look like a cop - rather more heavy than I think could pass the physical tests.
    My usual reply is "no, I'm a citizen".
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Just got this this morning.
    I think I in no way look like a cop - rather more heavy than I think could pass the physical tests.
    My usual reply is "no, I'm a citizen".
    The LEO that pulled me over to tell me I had to have blinkers on my bike (which I don't) had to weigh at least 350lbs. It took him nearly 20 seconds to pry himself out of the cruiser. By the time he walked the 15 feet to me, he was panting and looking for something to lean against.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    The LEO that pulled me over to tell me I had to have blinkers on my bike (which I don't) had to weigh at least 350lbs. It took him nearly 20 seconds to pry himself out of the cruiser. By the time he walked the 15 feet to me, he was panting and looking for something to lean against.
    Yes, it seems that obesity reaches across all segments of our society today. I would guess that some of our members of this very forum are obese.

Your making fun of another person's obesity is actually quite childish.

Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Yes, it seems that obesity reaches across all segments of our society today. I would guess that some of our members of this very forum are obese.

Where did I make fun of him?

I'm pointing out that this Field LEO could not possibly do anything but write traffic tickets. Chase? Run? Maintain his aim after even a small exertion? He is not fit for the job. Not even close.

There is the Will, and there is the Ability.... He lacks the ability to live up to the job description. For someone with so much available to him, there is no excuse.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Where did I make fun of him?

I'm pointing out that this Field LEO could not possibly do anything but write traffic tickets. Chase? Run? Maintain his aim after even a small exertion? He is not fit for the job. Not even close.

There is the Will, and there is the Ability.... He lacks the ability to live up to the job description. For someone with so much available to him, there is no excuse.
    Cmon ixtow, he could be capable of running a 4.3 Forty. It's all muscle....

On a serious note, I tend to agree with you. Officers must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV View Post
    Given your obvious sensitivity regarding obesity (and your huge assumption that he was "making fun" of the fatso officer), I'd say that you're the one with the problem, buckwheat.
    No, reverend, I weigh 172 lbs and am 5'10"...so obesity doesn't apply to me.

I'm just overly-sensitive to crude remarks about another person's weight / appearance / or any other physical characteristic. It has no place on a forum which is, supposedly, populated by adults.

I feel fat.

I'm just overly-sensitive to crude remarks about another person's weight / appearance / or any other physical characteristic. It has no place on a forum which is, supposedly, populated by adults.
    In other words, you are simply oversensitive, and as such wish to forcibly apply your standards to all others.

Too bad there is no constitutional right against being offended.

Plus, you never did address the fact that you, in your "over-sensitiveness", misinterpreted the OP's intent.

Classic.

By the way, I've never cottoned to the "title" of Reverend. As far as I'm concerned, such a title should only be applied to the one who created this universe.

And MilProGuy's "childish" remark was not, eh?

I'm beginning to agree with SR.

And MilProGuy's "childish" remark was not, eh?

I'm beginning to agree with SR.
    "Love thy neighbor as thyself."

"Love thy neighbor as thyself."
    Does not mean that I must not call "neighbor" on selfish (or, if you will, sinful) behavior, mister. Jesus did that quite frequently.

That being said, I'm done with you. Ta, ta.

Does not mean that I must not call "neighbor" on selfish (or, if you will, sinful) behavior, mister. Jesus did that quite frequently.

That being said, I'm done with you. Ta, ta.

I certainly hope that is a promise you'll keep.

Aw... But since it got quoted...

6'4" 180lbs is obese?

I admit to getting no exercise. But I am still orders of magnitude more capable than this guy was. If I was a bad guy intent on doing wrong and getting away with it, he'd be dead, and I'd have his gun sold on the black market in under 12 hours. This man was utterly incapable of stopping me were I of that mindset. His hand couldn't even reach his gun! this was not some chubby guy with a beer belly. This dude was friggin' enormous. He was just barely capable of walking. There were obvious sewn-in inserts to his uniform, because uniform clothing just doesn't come in this size. This guy weighed more than the motorcycle he was trying to cite me for riding! The bike has a 200lb weight limit, he would have crushed it. This guy passed up 'morbidly obese' a long time ago. These are not insults, they are FACTS. If a fact insults you, then there is something wrong with YOU, not the facts.

Obesity is a CHOICE. A very simple choice. A choice to be lazy and shovel tons of nasty crap in your face. It is more disgusting and inexcusable than being a drug addict. I am dead broke, and get zero exercise. I choose not to eat junk, and not eat continuously.

Sloth and Gluttony are the fault of the one who does it, no one else.

When that choice renders you utterly incapable of living up to your oath, you need to get fired, or find a treadmill. It's public safety! Are you serious!?!? This guy couldn't possibly help himself, much less someone else.

I realize there are legitimate reasons for obesity, but they are NOT as common as lazy/gluttonous people like to promote. Glandular issues are rare, and most frequently CAUSED BY obesity, not the cause of it. Stop 'being offended' to censor FACTS.

Aw... But since it got quoted...

6'4" 180lbs is obese?

I admit to getting no exercise. But I am still orders of magnitude more capable than this guy was. If I was a bad guy intent on doing wrong and getting away with it, he'd be dead, and I'd have his gun sold on the black market in under 12 hours. This man was utterly incapable of stopping me were I of that mindset. His hand couldn't even reach his gun! this was not some chubby guy with a beer belly. This dude was friggin' enormous. He was just barely capable of walking. There were obvious sewn-in inserts to his uniform, because uniform clothing just doesn't come in this size. This guy weighed more than the motorcycle he was trying to cite me for riding! The bike has a 200lb weight limit, he would have crushed it. This guy passed up 'morbidly obese' a long time ago. These are not insults, they are FACTS. If a fact insults you, then there is something wrong with YOU, not the facts.

Obesity is a CHOICE. A very simple choice. A choice to be lazy and shovel tons of nasty crap in your face. It is more disgusting and inexcusable than being a drug addict. I am dead broke, and get zero exercise. I choose not to eat junk, and not eat continuously.

Sloth and Gluttony are the fault of the one who does it, no one else.

When that choice renders you utterly incapable of living up to your oath, you need to get fired, or find a treadmill. It's public safety! Are you serious!?!? This guy couldn't possibly help himself, much less someone else.

I realize there are legitimate reasons for obesity, but they are NOT as common as lazy/gluttonous people like to promote. Glandular issues are rare, and most frequently CAUSED BY obesity, not the cause of it. Stop 'being offended' to censor FACTS.
    I wasn't offended by your story -- I merely took the "PC thought police" boy to task for seeing offense in your simple description. In fact, I'm sure he's going to be even *MORE* offended your above post. Since he is clearly not worth listening to, I blocked him (crybabies are not my thing, you see).

And, my taking him to task was deemed "inappropriate" by the mods. Funny how we have to protect the "always-looking-for-something-to-offend-them" crowd. Ah, well.

And yet the flame war in the "somewhere between..." thread goes on and on, and the mods don't peep a thing about it.

Interesting. Very interesting. Like I said elsewhere, I'm beginning to agree with SR.

I wasn't offended by your story -- I merely took the "PC thought police" boy to task for seeing offense in your simple description. In fact, I'm sure he's going to be even *MORE* offended your above post. Since he is clearly not worth listening to, I blocked him (crybabies are not my thing, you see).

And, my taking him to task was deemed "inappropriate" by the mods. Funny how we have to protect the "always-looking-for-something-to-offend-them" crowd. Ah, well.

And yet the flame war in the "somewhere between..." thread goes on and on, and the mods don't peep a thing about it.

Interesting. Very interesting. Like I said elsewhere, I'm beginning to agree with SR.
    You'll notice my statements aren't in reference to any board member, nor did I say "all cops are fatass donut-munching losers." Even that last statement is allowable, because I'm saying it rhetorically as an example, not with actual meaning or intent.

The mods are pretty good about letting you speak your mind.

My comments are specific and factual. I didn't call anybody names. It wasn't directed at a forum member, or any class of people. It was strictly observable and behavioral commentary... I didn't say "YOU must be the one with an obesity problem" even tho he implied as much. I merely proved him wrong and steered back to topic with a pile more facts he will try to censor by 'being offended.'

Tyranny's first move is to 'be offended.'

See, this will probably get moderated.

It is both directly insulting to 'you,' which is a personal identity implied by previous posts, and it's wandering too far off topic....

Need we refer to the OC body-type index established by John Stewart on The Daily Show? :-p
    Last edited by ixtow; 10-28-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Being obese is fine, IF, you aren't performing a public service in which you:

A.) Wage war on others for the people of your nation.

B.) Are a firefighter.

C.) Are a LEO.

Let's face it. For the purposes of the role, being obese is simply something that is not acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Wow! Major thread derailment, but entirely amusing.

To be somewhat on topic, the bicycle police I see are usually very fit : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast