• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO confusion

Aw... But since it got quoted...

6'4" 180lbs is obese?

I admit to getting no exercise. But I am still orders of magnitude more capable than this guy was. If I was a bad guy intent on doing wrong and getting away with it, he'd be dead, and I'd have his gun sold on the black market in under 12 hours. This man was utterly incapable of stopping me were I of that mindset. His hand couldn't even reach his gun! this was not some chubby guy with a beer belly. This dude was friggin' enormous. He was just barely capable of walking. There were obvious sewn-in inserts to his uniform, because uniform clothing just doesn't come in this size. This guy weighed more than the motorcycle he was trying to cite me for riding! The bike has a 200lb weight limit, he would have crushed it. This guy passed up 'morbidly obese' a long time ago. These are not insults, they are FACTS. If a fact insults you, then there is something wrong with YOU, not the facts.

Obesity is a CHOICE. A very simple choice. A choice to be lazy and shovel tons of nasty crap in your face. It is more disgusting and inexcusable than being a drug addict. I am dead broke, and get zero exercise. I choose not to eat junk, and not eat continuously.

Sloth and Gluttony are the fault of the one who does it, no one else.

When that choice renders you utterly incapable of living up to your oath, you need to get fired, or find a treadmill. It's public safety! Are you serious!?!? This guy couldn't possibly help himself, much less someone else.

I realize there are legitimate reasons for obesity, but they are NOT as common as lazy/gluttonous people like to promote. Glandular issues are rare, and most frequently CAUSED BY obesity, not the cause of it. Stop 'being offended' to censor FACTS.

I wasn't offended by your story -- I merely took the "PC thought police" boy to task for seeing offense in your simple description. In fact, I'm sure he's going to be even *MORE* offended your above post. Since he is clearly not worth listening to, I blocked him (crybabies are not my thing, you see).

And, my taking him to task was deemed "inappropriate" by the mods. Funny how we have to protect the "always-looking-for-something-to-offend-them" crowd. Ah, well.

And yet the flame war in the "somewhere between..." thread goes on and on, and the mods don't peep a thing about it.

Interesting. Very interesting. Like I said elsewhere, I'm beginning to agree with SR.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I wasn't offended by your story -- I merely took the "PC thought police" boy to task for seeing offense in your simple description. In fact, I'm sure he's going to be even *MORE* offended your above post. Since he is clearly not worth listening to, I blocked him (crybabies are not my thing, you see).

And, my taking him to task was deemed "inappropriate" by the mods. Funny how we have to protect the "always-looking-for-something-to-offend-them" crowd. Ah, well.

And yet the flame war in the "somewhere between..." thread goes on and on, and the mods don't peep a thing about it.

Interesting. Very interesting. Like I said elsewhere, I'm beginning to agree with SR.

You'll notice my statements aren't in reference to any board member, nor did I say "all cops are fatass donut-munching losers." Even that last statement is allowable, because I'm saying it rhetorically as an example, not with actual meaning or intent.

The mods are pretty good about letting you speak your mind.

My comments are specific and factual. I didn't call anybody names. It wasn't directed at a forum member, or any class of people. It was strictly observable and behavioral commentary... I didn't say "YOU must be the one with an obesity problem" even tho he implied as much. I merely proved him wrong and steered back to topic with a pile more facts he will try to censor by 'being offended.'

Tyranny's first move is to 'be offended.'

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
See, this will probably get moderated.

motivational-poster-Your_Fat.jpg

It is both directly insulting to 'you,' which is a personal identity implied by previous posts, and it's wandering too far off topic....

Need we refer to the OC body-type index established by John Stewart on The Daily Show? :p

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

Being obese is fine, IF, you aren't performing a public service in which you:

A.) Wage war on others for the people of your nation.

B.) Are a firefighter.

C.) Are a LEO.

Let's face it. For the purposes of the role, being obese is simply something that is not acceptable.

Griz

Wow! Major thread derailment, but entirely amusing.

To be somewhat on topic, the bicycle police I see are usually very fit : )

GWbiker

Someone left the back gate open again. Usual suspects are crapping in our yard.

MilProGuy

Wow! Major thread derailment, but entirely amusing.

To be somewhat on topic, the bicycle police I see are usually very fit : )

It was definitely entertaining.

The bicycle police I see in my area are always physically fit.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
So, anyway....

I've never been mistaken for a LEO. I don't follow the advice of the Ivory Tower types here and dress up like a detective...

'Business casual' has no place in my life... And it may be considered an 'opinion,' but I don't think dressing that way has any place in civil society. Using clothing to declare yourself better than others is a poorly disguised ego trip... Class Warfare was invented by whom? Yeah, cute...

Last edited:

Thoreau

It's rare, but I've been on the receiving end of the 'are you a (insert authority figure title here)' a few times. The most memorable would be the repeated 'are you a park ranger?' questions as I was backpacking in the Grand Canyon while OCing.

HILLBILLYDELUXE

The one that caught me off gaurd, "are you a hunter?"
I was in the hood, at night, at the carwash, spraying down a new to me project truck on a trailer. A guy asking about the truck then asked me if I was a hunter. I'm not, and it took me a second to realize what he was asking.

I'd been asked if I were a cop a couple of times.

protias

I've been asked a number of times to which I always answer, "Nope, just a regular guy."

SFCRetired

Depends on how I'm asked as to how I answer. If it is a polite request for information, I'll give a polite negative replay.

If it's a cop coming across as aggressive or someone, cop or not, trying to be an intellectual donkey, I'll reply, "No, I couldn't qualify; my parents were married for over a year before I was born."

Considering that I am 67, 6'2", and 200+lbs, almost always dress in jeans and either pocket T or other casual shirt, I don't know how they could possibly think I'm a cop.:D

MilProGuy

No...not gay, I can assure you of that.

But if you want to see a gay post, there seem to be a couple of new ones out there...complete with pics of crossed swords.

Last edited:

davesnothere

Putting the thread back on the rails.

I'm 40, and I have a lot of gray in my goatee, I am a pretty big guy, not yet officially obese (just checked my BMI, so I gotta go on a diet), and I wear earrings.

Most of the time people think I'm a biker, and while I do ride, I consider myself a rider. I don't party hard enough to be called a biker.

When I carry open, people ask me all the time if I'm a LEO, or a retired LEO.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I don't party hard enough to be called a biker.

I don't "party" at all. But I'm still born to lose. Definitely a biker. No one has ever mistaken me for a cop while OCing. I eschew all social pretense.

They do frequently tell me I'm stupid for using words they don't understand... Or having bright pink toenails... The hate of the average is impressive.

Yes, I ride wearing flip-flops.