• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO confusion

azgungirl

How many times are you guys confused as law enforcement officers? It's happened to me twice this week. My girlfriend works at place where the owner lives in California. I went inside the business to get something, and everyone was being particularly nice to me. The business owner was in town and asked if I was a cop, to which my girlfriend says, "no, she just has the right to protect herself." He had could not fathom what she was trying to tell him. I wasn't dressed in a uniform, or even a nice dress shirt. I just had on some pants and a t shirt. How many LEOs do you see dressed like that, riding a bicycle nonetheless?

Robin47

How many times are you guys confused as law enforcement officers? It's happened to me twice this week. My girlfriend works at place where the owner lives in California. I went inside the business to get something, and everyone was being particularly nice to me. The business owner was in town and asked if I was a cop, to which my girlfriend says, "no, she just has the right to protect herself." He had could not fathom what she was trying to tell him. I wasn't dressed in a uniform, or even a nice dress shirt. I just had on some pants and a t shirt. How many LEOs do you see dressed like that, riding a bicycle nonetheless?

Well don't feel to bad there's a lot of Morons in Kalifornia, and hopefully they will stay in Kalifornia.
Only the good guys OC-ers, should move to AZ, and keep up the good fight for our rights.
Carry on !

:) Robin47

Super Saiyan

I get this A LOT, and it isn't limited to when I'm OCing either. According to many people, I "look like a cop." When I ask them what exactly a cop looks like when he/she is not in uniform, they usually say "you." Uh huh... :confused:

MKEgal

Just got this this morning.
I think I in no way look like a cop - rather more heavy than I think could pass the physical tests.
My usual reply is "no, I'm a citizen".

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Just got this this morning.
I think I in no way look like a cop - rather more heavy than I think could pass the physical tests.
My usual reply is "no, I'm a citizen".

The LEO that pulled me over to tell me I had to have blinkers on my bike (which I don't) had to weigh at least 350lbs. It took him nearly 20 seconds to pry himself out of the cruiser. By the time he walked the 15 feet to me, he was panting and looking for something to lean against.

MilProGuy

The LEO that pulled me over to tell me I had to have blinkers on my bike (which I don't) had to weigh at least 350lbs. It took him nearly 20 seconds to pry himself out of the cruiser. By the time he walked the 15 feet to me, he was panting and looking for something to lean against.

Yes, it seems that obesity reaches across all segments of our society today. I would guess that some of our members of this very forum are obese.

Your making fun of another person's obesity is actually quite childish.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Yes, it seems that obesity reaches across all segments of our society today. I would guess that some of our members of this very forum are obese.

Your making fun of another person's obesity is actually quite childish.

Where did I make fun of him?

I'm pointing out that this Field LEO could not possibly do anything but write traffic tickets. Chase? Run? Maintain his aim after even a small exertion? He is not fit for the job. Not even close.

There is the Will, and there is the Ability.... He lacks the ability to live up to the job description. For someone with so much available to him, there is no excuse.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Where did I make fun of him?

I'm pointing out that this Field LEO could not possibly do anything but write traffic tickets. Chase? Run? Maintain his aim after even a small exertion? He is not fit for the job. Not even close.

There is the Will, and there is the Ability.... He lacks the ability to live up to the job description. For someone with so much available to him, there is no excuse.

Cmon ixtow, he could be capable of running a 4.3 Forty. It's all muscle....

On a serious note, I tend to agree with you. Officers must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.

MilProGuy

Given your obvious sensitivity regarding obesity (and your huge assumption that he was "making fun" of the fatso officer), I'd say that you're the one with the problem, buckwheat.

No, reverend, I weigh 172 lbs and am 5'10"...so obesity doesn't apply to me.

I'm just overly-sensitive to crude remarks about another person's weight / appearance / or any other physical characteristic. It has no place on a forum which is, supposedly, populated by adults.

I'm just overly-sensitive to crude remarks about another person's weight / appearance / or any other physical characteristic. It has no place on a forum which is, supposedly, populated by adults.

In other words, you are simply oversensitive, and as such wish to forcibly apply your standards to all others.

Too bad there is no constitutional right against being offended.

Plus, you never did address the fact that you, in your "over-sensitiveness", misinterpreted the OP's intent.

Classic.

By the way, I've never cottoned to the "title" of Reverend. As far as I'm concerned, such a title should only be applied to the one who created this universe.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Aw... But since it got quoted...

6'4" 180lbs is obese?

I admit to getting no exercise. But I am still orders of magnitude more capable than this guy was. If I was a bad guy intent on doing wrong and getting away with it, he'd be dead, and I'd have his gun sold on the black market in under 12 hours. This man was utterly incapable of stopping me were I of that mindset. His hand couldn't even reach his gun! this was not some chubby guy with a beer belly. This dude was friggin' enormous. He was just barely capable of walking. There were obvious sewn-in inserts to his uniform, because uniform clothing just doesn't come in this size. This guy weighed more than the motorcycle he was trying to cite me for riding! The bike has a 200lb weight limit, he would have crushed it. This guy passed up 'morbidly obese' a long time ago. These are not insults, they are FACTS. If a fact insults you, then there is something wrong with YOU, not the facts.

Obesity is a CHOICE. A very simple choice. A choice to be lazy and shovel tons of nasty crap in your face. It is more disgusting and inexcusable than being a drug addict. I am dead broke, and get zero exercise. I choose not to eat junk, and not eat continuously.

Sloth and Gluttony are the fault of the one who does it, no one else.

When that choice renders you utterly incapable of living up to your oath, you need to get fired, or find a treadmill. It's public safety! Are you serious!?!? This guy couldn't possibly help himself, much less someone else.

I realize there are legitimate reasons for obesity, but they are NOT as common as lazy/gluttonous people like to promote. Glandular issues are rare, and most frequently CAUSED BY obesity, not the cause of it. Stop 'being offended' to censor FACTS.