Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Caught on Camera Shooting Bar With AK-47- concealed carriers inside!!

Cool Man Caught on Camera Shooting Bar With AK-47- concealed carriers inside!!

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...132284803.html

Haha, first part of the video shows a bar patron pullin a glock 19. Thought that was illegal. They should have hid in the back and waited for the police!

Yea, that was pretty wild. If the guy had decided to come inside he would have been met with a nice surprise. I do note the article says nothing about the gun clearly visible inside the bar. Good thing no one was hurt.

A police officer saw him with the gun but he was still able to get away? I thought police officers were superhumans capable of stopping any criminal in his tracks simply by appearing on the scene...
    Last edited by thebigsd; 10-21-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Folks in the bar really need to work on the concept of duck and cover. And the guy with his handgun out needs to find a better place to put his booger hook until the barrel comes up and the front sight has been aligned with the target - there is one lucky backside in that bar and it does not belong to the carrier.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Tis a shame this mindless miscreant didn't meet up with someone who would shoot back!
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 02-22-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: edited to remove green font and bold font to conform with forum standards.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Yea, that was pretty wild. If the guy had decided to come inside he would have been met with a nice surprise. I do note the article says nothing about the gun clearly visible inside the bar. Good thing no one was hurt.

A police officer saw him with the gun but he was still able to get away? I thought police officers were superhumans capable of stopping any criminal in his tracks simply by appearing on the scene...
    I'm glad the article doesn't mention it, just keeps showing the clip of the man inside the bar with the gun as though it was completely normal... as it should be.

And yeah... why didn't the cop stop the gunman from terrorizing a woman, and why the hell didn't she have a gun in her home?

Craziness all around.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisco455 View Post

Haha, first part of the video shows a bar patron pullin a glock 19. Thought that was illegal. They should have hid in the back and waited for the police!

Nothing illegal about it in PA.
    States don’t have rights. People do.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Tis a shame this mindless miscreant didn't meet up with someone who would shoot back!
    While I wish death, illness, or injury upon NO person, some seem to scream to be injured or killed when they do unwise things such as this. In the video it seems that there was at least one with the means to defend himself and those around him yet he elected NOT to fire in return. I wonder if he didn't fire because of not having a clear field of fire do to OTHER bar patrons being between the TWIT asking to be killed or injured and the pistol possessor INSIDE THE BAR.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisco455 View Post

Thought the motto was,"when seconds count the police are only minutes away".....

Centurion
    edited because sometimes I succeed at being stupid!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 10-23-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

The local (Milwaukee, WI) news showed this clip over & over, & I caught the carrier in the bar first time through... no mention by the talking heads. Wonder if he'd shot back if they'd say something even neutral, let alone positive about the defender?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    The local (Milwaukee, WI) news showed this clip over & over, & I caught the carrier in the bar first time through... no mention by the talking heads. Wonder if he'd shot back if they'd say something even neutral, let alone positive about the defender?
    nah, they'd twist it into him putting lives at risk "shooting within feet of other patrons." Just like the media took that story on CCW in colleges. Even when a student successfully drew the gun they made it seem like they were putting everyone else at risk, as if that is worse than a killing spree.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

I'd have rather read headlines of "Man carrying AK-47 fires into bar; stopped by armed citizen; only one injury."

Still, I hope they catch him soon.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I wonder if he didn't fire because of not having a clear field of fire do to OTHER bar patrons being between the TWIT asking to be killed or injured and the pistol possessor INSIDE THE BAR.
    You've made some good points. No doubt, there were many considerations the armed patron had to consider during a most distressing time.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 02-22-2012 at 01:02 AM. Reason: edited to remove bold and green font to conform to forum standards
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Killadelphia, the city of brotherly love.

Maybe they should pass a law that says you can't shoot people in a bar with an automatic weapon.
    That'll fix it.

I'm not sure that was an AK-47. Looking at the buttstock made me think AK-74. Every rifle I found in Iraq with a buttstock like that was an AK-74. From what I remember the 74 fires a slightly smaller round than the 47.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Yea, that was pretty wild. If the guy had decided to come inside he would have been met with a nice surprise. I do note the article says nothing about the gun clearly visible inside the bar. Good thing no one was hurt. A police officer saw him with the gun but he was still able to get away? I thought police officers were superhumans capable of stopping any criminal in his tracks simply by appearing on the scene...
    Only in Tuscaloosa, AL: http://www.tuscaloosaso.com/pr/p1324743808.pdf
    Total elapsed time from 9-1-1 call to “shots fired” - 3 minutes, 32 seconds
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Whille a handgun would never be my first choice against a rifle, beats the heck out of a ball-peen hammer... Glad they didn't make any isssue out of the handgun.

PA must be different, cannot carry in bars in Washington State.

You are all jumping to conclusions based only upon the video as evidence. In actuality the young man with the pistol was that nights designated bodyguard and had been drinking only sarsaparilla with ice. He was standing by in case anyone showed up to shoot the place up.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Its a Chinese Ak probably a Norinco or Mak judging by the rust probably a Mak
    ~The path to enlightenment is often filled with the bodies of the ignorant~

What's really sad... two things... I might be wrong about this...

As a carrier of a CCW... if you where in that bar and a guy coming up to you with a AK... I think that would be ok to make the first shot.

Second... the door was probably labeled "Pull".

If only he could read, he would have been in the bar.

Maybe if they put a "reward" for him.. maybe he'll turn himself in to get the money?
    Last edited by Firedawg314; 01-20-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Is this a normal occurrence in Philly?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    nah, they'd twist it into him putting lives at risk "shooting within feet of other patrons." Just like the media took that story on CCW in colleges. Even when a student successfully drew the gun they made it seem like they were putting everyone else at risk, as if that is worse than a killing spree.
    Oh they would make a huge fuss out of the fact he was in a bar and probably drinking. Hell, they'll report it that he was drunk even if he hadn't touched a drop of alcohol in his life.

Activist Member
    late response for this article, but I personally think the guy inside with the Glock did the right thing of pulling but not firing it. He probably realized there was not a clear shot or realized it was too risky. Me personally I would have draw too if something of this occur at a bar I was at. But honestly I have yet to carry conceal in a bar. So my opinion doesn't really count.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Banned
    Typical Eagle fan .... what do you expect in Philly?

That's a MAK 90 ... of variation of one .. I have one chambered in .223 ... nice gun, very accurate much better than standard upper

I don't think he was trying to shoot anyone.

Dude from city said "massive damage" hahahaha 30 round clip ...

Want massive damage ... try my 50 cal rifle ... thats massive damage ... or my 30 cal galtin gun .. even massive-er

"officer's recovered the gun" yea, he just dropped it and ran. Luckily AAA was able to get his car going when the cops were searching every Dunkin Donut shop for him .. "he might be in this cream filled one ... eat them all boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    I'm not sure that was an AK-47. Looking at the buttstock made me think AK-74. Every rifle I found in Iraq with a buttstock like that was an AK-74. From what I remember the 74 fires a slightly smaller round than the 47.
    Nope thats a 7.62 alright, one can tell due to taper of the 7.62x39 round, and the diamter of the bullet relative to the over all case dimensions, also the curvature of a 5.45 magazine is differn't than a 7.62 mag.

Also I didn't see any clips in that video? Particularly any that were made out of bananas?
    Last edited by rob99vmi04; 02-29-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast