• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Caught on Camera Shooting Bar With AK-47- concealed carriers inside!!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yea, that was pretty wild. If the guy had decided to come inside he would have been met with a nice surprise. I do note the article says nothing about the gun clearly visible inside the bar. Good thing no one was hurt.

A police officer saw him with the gun but he was still able to get away? I thought police officers were superhumans capable of stopping any criminal in his tracks simply by appearing on the scene...

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Folks in the bar really need to work on the concept of duck and cover. And the guy with his handgun out needs to find a better place to put his booger hook until the barrel comes up and the front sight has been aligned with the target - there is one lucky backside in that bar and it does not belong to the carrier.

stay safe.

MilProGuy

Tis a shame this mindless miscreant didn't meet up with someone who would shoot back!

Last edited:

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Yea, that was pretty wild. If the guy had decided to come inside he would have been met with a nice surprise. I do note the article says nothing about the gun clearly visible inside the bar. Good thing no one was hurt.

A police officer saw him with the gun but he was still able to get away? I thought police officers were superhumans capable of stopping any criminal in his tracks simply by appearing on the scene...

I'm glad the article doesn't mention it, just keeps showing the clip of the man inside the bar with the gun as though it was completely normal... as it should be.

And yeah... why didn't the cop stop the gunman from terrorizing a woman, and why the hell didn't she have a gun in her home?

Craziness all around.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Tis a shame this mindless miscreant didn't meet up with someone who would shoot back!

While I wish death, illness, or injury upon NO person, some seem to scream to be injured or killed when they do unwise things such as this. In the video it seems that there was at least one with the means to defend himself and those around him yet he elected NOT to fire in return. I wonder if he didn't fire because of not having a clear field of fire do to OTHER bar patrons being between the TWIT asking to be killed or injured and the pistol possessor INSIDE THE BAR.

MKEgal

The local (Milwaukee, WI) news showed this clip over & over, & I caught the carrier in the bar first time through... no mention by the talking heads. Wonder if he'd shot back if they'd say something even neutral, let alone positive about the defender?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
The local (Milwaukee, WI) news showed this clip over & over, & I caught the carrier in the bar first time through... no mention by the talking heads. Wonder if he'd shot back if they'd say something even neutral, let alone positive about the defender?

nah, they'd twist it into him putting lives at risk "shooting within feet of other patrons." Just like the media took that story on CCW in colleges. Even when a student successfully drew the gun they made it seem like they were putting everyone else at risk, as if that is worse than a killing spree.

MilProGuy

I wonder if he didn't fire because of not having a clear field of fire do to OTHER bar patrons being between the TWIT asking to be killed or injured and the pistol possessor INSIDE THE BAR.

You've made some good points. No doubt, there were many considerations the armed patron had to consider during a most distressing time.

Last edited:

Sky1

Killadelphia, the city of brotherly love.

Maybe they should pass a law that says you can't shoot people in a bar with an automatic weapon.
That'll fix it.

decklin

I'm not sure that was an AK-47. Looking at the buttstock made me think AK-74. Every rifle I found in Iraq with a buttstock like that was an AK-74. From what I remember the 74 fires a slightly smaller round than the 47.

Kirbinator

Yea, that was pretty wild. If the guy had decided to come inside he would have been met with a nice surprise. I do note the article says nothing about the gun clearly visible inside the bar. Good thing no one was hurt. A police officer saw him with the gun but he was still able to get away? I thought police officers were superhumans capable of stopping any criminal in his tracks simply by appearing on the scene...
Only in Tuscaloosa, AL: http://www.tuscaloosaso.com/pr/p1324743808.pdf
Total elapsed time from 9-1-1 call to “shots fired” - 3 minutes, 32 seconds

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Whille a handgun would never be my first choice against a rifle, beats the heck out of a ball-peen hammer... Glad they didn't make any isssue out of the handgun.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
PA must be different, cannot carry in bars in Washington State.

You are all jumping to conclusions based only upon the video as evidence. In actuality the young man with the pistol was that nights designated bodyguard and had been drinking only sarsaparilla with ice. He was standing by in case anyone showed up to shoot the place up.

Firedawg314

What's really sad... two things... I might be wrong about this...

As a carrier of a CCW... if you where in that bar and a guy coming up to you with a AK... I think that would be ok to make the first shot.

Second... the door was probably labeled "Pull".

If only he could read, he would have been in the bar.

Maybe if they put a "reward" for him.. maybe he'll turn himself in to get the money?

Last edited: