Thread: OC in malls

OC in malls

I see the malls in gr are pfz or banned by the mall. Would a store within the mall that has an enterence of its own such as jcpenny still be considered the mall?

No cpl yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock214 View Post
    I see the malls in gr are pfz or banned by the mall. Would a store within the mall that has an enterence of its own such as jcpenny still be considered the mall?

No cpl yet.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    No.
    Thank you scot623,

I needed to pick up some things. However hate doing businesses with places that don't allow firearms. Also no cpl yet (kent county takes forever to mail them) and needed to make sure I wouldn't get jammed up before obtaining my cpl in the mail.

Glock214

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    for the most part the "PFZ" malls do not do a good job of posting their policies. they don't put no guns signs on the doors, but rather inside lobbies where you have to look to the left or right to actually read them. they don't even post them at all the entrances. i'm not a fan of reading lists of what rights they wish to take away from me in a public place, so i generally ignore them.
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 10-21-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Madison Hts-Carry M&P9mm CPL/NRA mem, Michigan, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    i'm not a fan of reading lists of what rights they wish to take away from me in a public place, so i generally ignore them.
    +1 That's why I value so many of your posts
    "Reason can never be popular. Passions and feelings can become popular, but reason will always remain the sole property of a few eminent individuals."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Banned
    They arent PFZ by statute, only misguided policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock214 View Post

No cpl yet.

Depends on their lease agreement. The parking lot for sure is mall property and would be under the malls rules. As long as you leave if/when asked, you have not violated any laws.

If you are considering Rivertown Mall, a sign is placed in such a way to be not immediately noticed by anyone entering the actual mall. Years ago, I was asked just to cover up at Barnes and Noble by a police officer ostensibly called to the store regarding mwag, even though the mall prohibits weapons. I just covered and went about my business (this was before I was a member here). Also, I seem to recall the mall itself might have a liquor license, so you might want to look it up. I would probably wait until your cpl came to avoid any possible illegality but, if you don't mind a possible confrontation AND if the mall doesn't have a liquor license, go for it.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.