• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in malls

Glock214

I see the malls in gr are pfz or banned by the mall. Would a store within the mall that has an enterence of its own such as jcpenny still be considered the mall?

No cpl yet.

Glock214

Thank you scot623,

I needed to pick up some things. However hate doing businesses with places that don't allow firearms. Also no cpl yet (kent county takes forever to mail them) and needed to make sure I wouldn't get jammed up before obtaining my cpl in the mail.

Glock214

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
for the most part the "PFZ" malls do not do a good job of posting their policies. they don't put no guns signs on the doors, but rather inside lobbies where you have to look to the left or right to actually read them. they don't even post them at all the entrances. i'm not a fan of reading lists of what rights they wish to take away from me in a public place, so i generally ignore them.

Last edited:

sprinklerguy28

I see the malls in gr are pfz or banned by the mall. Would a store within the mall that has an enterence of its own such as jcpenny still be considered the mall?

No cpl yet.

Depends on their lease agreement. The parking lot for sure is mall property and would be under the malls rules. As long as you leave if/when asked, you have not violated any laws.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
If you are considering Rivertown Mall, a sign is placed in such a way to be not immediately noticed by anyone entering the actual mall. Years ago, I was asked just to cover up at Barnes and Noble by a police officer ostensibly called to the store regarding mwag, even though the mall prohibits weapons. I just covered and went about my business (this was before I was a member here). Also, I seem to recall the mall itself might have a liquor license, so you might want to look it up. I would probably wait until your cpl came to avoid any possible illegality but, if you don't mind a possible confrontation AND if the mall doesn't have a liquor license, go for it.