Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: Trainers wanting mandatory training

  1. #1
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839

    Trainers wanting mandatory training

    Anyone ever hear of "Intell Consultants LLC"? This video is from before ACT 35 passed.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9rnSTQGz0E

  2. #2
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Here is a guy from Arizona with concerns about Constitutional Carry

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZVjlhUqL0

  3. #3
    Regular Member Grant Guess's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    217
    What about Gene German?

    Here's your link for Intell: http://intelltraining.com/
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess View Post
    What about Gene German?
    I have heard him say that he supports Constitutional Carry

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran Verd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lampe, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    381
    Of course some trainers want mandatory training... they want to earn a livelihood too on an unConstitutional act. I, personally, am thinking about getting trained through the NRA to become a trainer for CCL, offer the classes for next to nothing, and offer the classes on days that are not Saturdays.
    Last edited by Verd; 10-22-2011 at 01:56 AM.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    The AACFI trainer that I work for part time & am friends with very much supports Constitutional carry. Let's try not to lump everyone in the same pile.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 10-22-2011 at 01:42 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    When AZ went to consitutional carry a group of trainers was form to fight it. Over the years they had made a good living giving classes and didn't want their money to leave them.

    They all preached the right but didn't live it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    The AACFI trainer that I work for part time & am friends with very much supports Constitutional carry. Let's try not to lump everyone in the same pile.
    I don't see where that has happened in this thread at all. The point of this thread is to draw attention to those in the minority who do not support Constitutional Carry so that people are educated before spending money and supporting these individual trainers.
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 10-22-2011 at 09:16 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Also, there is a difference between simply having an opinion that people "should" seek training and pushing that opinion to the media. If you condemn Constitutional Carry publicly the media and politicians are going to use that opinion in their efforts to demand training.

  10. #10
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I have heard him say that he supports Constitutional Carry
    When? He testified against it at the public hearing for SB90/93.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 10-22-2011 at 04:28 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Here is a guy from Arizona with concerns about Constitutional Carry

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZVjlhUqL0
    Its all about the money.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    When? He testified against it at the public hearing for SB90/93.
    That isn't the way I remember the transcript. Do you have a link to audio?

  13. #13
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    That isn't the way I remember the transcript. Do you have a link to audio?
    His testimony starts at aprox. 37:45 http://www.wiseye.org/videoplayer/vp.html?sid=5744

    Watched it again and he does not specifically come out against it, but does testify that there should be a license.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,839
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    His testimony starts at aprox. 37:45 http://www.wiseye.org/videoplayer/vp.html?sid=5744

    Watched it again and he does not specifically come out against it, but does testify that there should be a license.
    I am glad that there is a license with training for reciprocity but not for residents.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I don't see where that has happened in this thread at all. The point of this thread is to draw attention to those in the minority who do not support Constitutional Carry so that people are educated before spending money and supporting these individual trainers.
    It has not happened yet, but someone will rant against AACFI eventually ... My post was being addressed to the fair majority that use this forum that happen to be anti AACFI & anti training as they likely believe that most or all AACFI trainers are in it solely for the money their fore must push hard for >>> mandated <<< training which I doubt the Majority of AACFI trainers do, although I can not prove it.

    GO PACKERS
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  16. #16
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Heaven forbid that anyone would have an opinion other than Glock's. Forgive us, for we have sinned.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  17. #17
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068

    Cool DO IT - You will not regret it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verd View Post
    Of course some trainers want mandatory training... they want to earn a livelihood too on an unConstitutional act. I, personally, am thinking about getting trained through the NRA to become a trainer for CCL, offer the classes for next to nothing, and offer the classes on days that are not Saturdays.
    I strongly encourage you to follow through on your post. That is what I did. I earned my NRA Credentials in Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection in the Home and then got a Utah BCI Concealed Firearms Instructor rating. Then I set out to offer deeply discounted high quality training to encourage my fellow citizens to exercise their Second Amendment Rights.

    When I returned to WI on vacation I offered the UT Concealed Firearms Permit course beginning at $10 for Combat Vets with the Purple Heart or any DAV and then offered deep discounts on a $40 course for having a membership in WI Carry, NRA, or both. Combat veterans got a deep discount as did any Military Vet. Nobody paid over $40 for a course that was going for $120 - $160 in WI at that time.- Same with the NRA Courses - they were half price with deep discounts for Military Service or membership in a 2A group. My last course even involved a picnic pot-luck hot dog roast with with the instructor providing the hot dogs and buns. I earned enough to pay my gas to and from Utah and one night in a motel each way. And, I made many new friends. Well worth the investment in the Instructor Ratings!

    Carry on Mr. Verd - Proudly Carry ON

    Yellow Cat Out-
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  18. #18
    McX
    Guest
    JPM, i would respond to this thread, but right now i have joined the KFC witness protection program.

  19. #19
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by McX
    I have joined the KFC witness protection program.
    ROFLMAO&PMP!!!!
    Steve, please email me that picture!

    As for the mandatory training bit...
    I'm an instructor,
    I'm all for training,
    & in general I'm against the gov't telling people what to do*.

    Everyone I know who carries has some safety training, even though it's not currently mandatory in WI. The amount of gun safety training included in hunter's safety (used to get a cc permit) is minimal, & can be done in less than an hour.


    *As long as your actions don't negatively affect anyone else, you should be able to do pretty much whatever you want. The ticklish part comes with defining 'affecting someone else'. As an example, driving rules make sense.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 10-23-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Heaven forbid that anyone would have an opinion other than Glock's. Forgive us, for we have sinned.
    sheit..I am in the Minority here...the Majority of opinions on this forum are ..what I have posted before....Opinions are like rectal area's we all have them... I forgive you of your sins, my son
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  21. #21
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    My post was being addressed to the fair majority that use this forum that happen to be anti AACFI & anti training
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    Opinions are like rectal area's we all have them...
    Especially since the majority that post here have firearms training. So... anti training yet have training.


    Hmmmmm.


    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  22. #22
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    There are plenty of firearms trainers in WA, and they are doing just fine.... however, we do not need someone's checkoff to get a CPL. All you need is a clean record.

    No training required,,,,however, most people realize that if their carry is going to do any good, they need to know what they are doing, and what the law is.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North of Madison
    Posts
    177

    +1000

    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I strongly encourage you to follow through on your post. That is what I did. I earned my NRA Credentials in Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection in the Home and then got a Utah BCI Concealed Firearms Instructor rating. Then I set out to offer deeply discounted high quality training to encourage my fellow citizens to exercise their Second Amendment Rights.

    When I returned to WI on vacation I offered the UT Concealed Firearms Permit course beginning at $10 for Combat Vets with the Purple Heart or any DAV and then offered deep discounts on a $40 course for having a membership in WI Carry, NRA, or both. Combat veterans got a deep discount as did any Military Vet. Nobody paid over $40 for a course that was going for $120 - $160 in WI at that time.- Same with the NRA Courses - they were half price with deep discounts for Military Service or membership in a 2A group. My last course even involved a picnic pot-luck hot dog roast with with the instructor providing the hot dogs and buns. I earned enough to pay my gas to and from Utah and one night in a motel each way. And, I made many new friends. Well worth the investment in the Instructor Ratings!

    Carry on Mr. Verd - Proudly Carry ON

    Yellow Cat Out-
    Those of us who attended the class truly appreciated the time you took to do this. The hot dogs were good also! I hope others follow your lead and are able to present and teach at the level you are at. It was an excellent class!! Thank You MKEGAL as well.
    Last edited by Packfanatic; 10-24-2011 at 06:17 AM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet
    Especially since the majority that post here have firearms training. So... anti training yet have training.
    Anti gov't-mandated training.
    Training is good, more training is better.
    Training that can save your hide is best of all.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    49
    I am a certified NRA instructor. The NRA teaches that training demand will go up in proportion to the right being exercised going up. This means the more people who carry, and have easy access to carry; the more opportunity for training. So the less restrictions the more you make as a trainer ... and they are right! Sure I want to make some money as a trainer ... I made the investment in time and education I should make some money on my investment. BUT I will never support mandatory training. If I do my job as not only an instructor but as a gun owner then every person I meet should decide to learn more. Heck I pay to go to classes to learn more. NRA classes=check, AACFI=yep, massad ayoob=oh yeah .... learn, learn and keep learning ... then practice twice as much!

    I have never met an NRA or AACFI trainer who was in it just for the money. Your mileage shouldn't vary!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •