• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trainers wanting mandatory training

HandyHamlet

My post was being addressed to the fair majority that use this forum that happen to be anti AACFI & anti training

Opinions are like rectal area's we all have them...

Especially since the majority that post here have firearms training. So... anti training yet have training.

Hmmmmm.

tumblr_lpvrvgomqu1qbhtrto1_500.gif

hermannr

There are plenty of firearms trainers in WA, and they are doing just fine.... however, we do not need someone's checkoff to get a CPL. All you need is a clean record.

No training required,,,,however, most people realize that if their carry is going to do any good, they need to know what they are doing, and what the law is.

Packfanatic

+1000

I strongly encourage you to follow through on your post. That is what I did. I earned my NRA Credentials in Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection in the Home and then got a Utah BCI Concealed Firearms Instructor rating. Then I set out to offer deeply discounted high quality training to encourage my fellow citizens to exercise their Second Amendment Rights.

When I returned to WI on vacation I offered the UT Concealed Firearms Permit course beginning at $10 for Combat Vets with the Purple Heart or any DAV and then offered deep discounts on a $40 course for having a membership in WI Carry, NRA, or both. Combat veterans got a deep discount as did any Military Vet. Nobody paid over $40 for a course that was going for $120 - $160 in WI at that time.- Same with the NRA Courses - they were half price with deep discounts for Military Service or membership in a 2A group. My last course even involved a picnic pot-luck hot dog roast with with the instructor providing the hot dogs and buns. I earned enough to pay my gas to and from Utah and one night in a motel each way. And, I made many new friends. Well worth the investment in the Instructor Ratings!

Carry on Mr. Verd - Proudly Carry ON

Yellow Cat Out-

Those of us who attended the class truly appreciated the time you took to do this. The hot dogs were good also! :monkey I hope others follow your lead and are able to present and teach at the level you are at. It was an excellent class!! Thank You MKEGAL as well.

Last edited:

MKEgal

HandyHamlet said:
Especially since the majority that post here have firearms training. So... anti training yet have training.
Anti gov't-mandated training.
Training is good, more training is better.
Training that can save your hide is best of all.

mrmike.me

I am a certified NRA instructor. The NRA teaches that training demand will go up in proportion to the right being exercised going up. This means the more people who carry, and have easy access to carry; the more opportunity for training. So the less restrictions the more you make as a trainer ... and they are right! Sure I want to make some money as a trainer ... I made the investment in time and education I should make some money on my investment. BUT I will never support mandatory training. If I do my job as not only an instructor but as a gun owner then every person I meet should decide to learn more. Heck I pay to go to classes to learn more. NRA classes=check, AACFI=yep, massad ayoob=oh yeah .... learn, learn and keep learning ... then practice twice as much!

I have never met an NRA or AACFI trainer who was in it just for the money. Your mileage shouldn't vary!

jpm84092

Way To Go Mr. Mike

I am a certified NRA instructor. The NRA teaches that training demand will go up in proportion to the right being exercised going up. This means the more people who carry, and have easy access to carry; the more opportunity for training. So the less restrictions the more you make as a trainer ... and they are right! Sure I want to make some money as a trainer ... I made the investment in time and education I should make some money on my investment. BUT I will never support mandatory training. If I do my job as not only an instructor but as a gun owner then every person I meet should decide to learn more. Heck I pay to go to classes to learn more. NRA classes=check, AACFI=yep, massad ayoob=oh yeah .... learn, learn and keep learning ... then practice twice as much!

I have never met an NRA or AACFI trainer who was in it just for the money. Your mileage shouldn't vary!

Dear Mr. Mike,

Thank you for your attitude.

I have met instructors who are "just in it for the money", but I do not agree with their attitude (as evidenced by my instruction fees). But, I do agree with your marketing philosophy (even though that never came up at any NRA Instructor Course I ever took).

My own real life marketing experience was, the last time I visited WI to offer the UT CFP course and NRA Basic Pistol Course - was - I expected 5 - 8 students and got 36 because of the discounted fees. I made more offering a 1/2 price NRA course and a UT CFP Course at 25% of the going rate than I would have made if I charged market prices. And, thus, many more law abiding citizens of Wisconsin will be joining the ranks of lawful concealed carry citizens than if the course had not been offered. So, I made more money by being below market prices and more law abiding citizens got quality training - a WIN - WIN all around.

Carry On Mr. Mike - proudly carry on.

Yellow Cat Out (Yellow Cat has NRA Certification as a Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor in Pistol, Rifle, and Personal Protection - and as UT BCI Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor)

Interceptor_Knight

More trainers who are willing to publicly bash Constitutional Carry

http://www.nbc26.com/news/covering-wisconsin/133071538.html

Eric Grabowski at the Shooter's Shop in West Allis told TODAY'S TMJ4, "A non-resident permit can be utilized to get a Wisconsin permit. So they are kind of taking a backdoor in there but yet they have no education what so ever regarding Wisconsin law on use of force"
.....Grabowski adds, "They are not only a danger to others but themselves."

oak1971

sheit..I am in the Minority here...the Majority of opinions on this forum are ..what I have posted before....Opinions are like rectal area's we all have them... I forgive you of your sins, my son :)

Bless you and AARP or whatever...:lol:

Last edited:

Yooper

I also doubt we'd ever see car insurance agents fighting to eliminate the car insurance requirement, nor will we ever see health insurance companies trying to get rid of Obama care.

HandyHamlet

I can't remember. He started a thread here a few months ago outing himself... Don't make me use the site search engine. I'm in a good mood.
:p