Thread: Wisconsin's new right to keep and bear arms constitutional amendment.

Wisconsin's new right to keep and bear arms constitutional amendment.

Article I section 25 of the Wisconsin constitution as illegally modified by Act 35 of 2011.

"Except for the state issued privilege to carry a concealed weapon the people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose".

State issued privilege my ass!

Isn't this a shall issue state? boar out.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Article I section 25 of the Wisconsin constitution as Captain Nemo Personally Feels it Now Means as he believes it was illegally modified by Act 35 of 2011.

"Except for the state issued privilege to carry a concealed weapon the people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose".
    I fixed it for you....

Don't worry everyone, it wasn't literally amended by Act 35. It still reads:

Right to keep and bear arms. SECTION 25. [As created
    Nov. 1998] The people have the right to keep and bear arms for
    security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. [1995 J.R. 27, 1997 J.R. 21, vote November 1998]
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 10-21-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I fixed it for you....

Don't worry everyone, it wasn't literally amended by Act 35. It still reads:
    Wow! Thank you, Captain Obvious....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Wow! Thank you, Captain Obvious....
    It sure didn't appear obvious to boar...

WOW! Of course Article I sec 25 wasn't actually modified. My statement was in jest and a expression of disgust toward the legislature. A
    constitutional amendment retraction or modification must go though a rigorous legislative gauntlet and be ratified by the voters. It can't be changed by legislative dictate. Didn't realize some of you were so gullible, sorry.

Boar:
    Shall issue is a privilege given by the state that can be changed at will by legislative dictate. A constitutional amendment is a right endowed on the people by constitutional dictate. There is a distinct difference between a right and a privilege. I won't bore you with the details.

Red face

saaaaaame old story, saaaaaame old song and daaaaaance my friends. everybody sing... The point I tried to make was this. Live a good life; or don't get caught, as I have, and your entitled to your rights. It's all in how you look at it. boar out.
    Last edited by wild boar; 10-22-2011 at 06:49 AM.