• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin's new right to keep and bear arms constitutional amendment.

Captain Nemo

Article I section 25 of the Wisconsin constitution as illegally modified by Act 35 of 2011.

"Except for the state issued privilege to carry a concealed weapon the people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose".

Interceptor_Knight

Article I section 25 of the Wisconsin constitution as Captain Nemo Personally Feels it Now Means as he believes it was illegally modified by Act 35 of 2011.

"Except for the state issued privilege to carry a concealed weapon the people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose".

I fixed it for you....:dude:

Don't worry everyone, it wasn't literally amended by Act 35. It still reads:

Right to keep and bear arms. SECTION 25. [As created
Nov. 1998] The people have the right to keep and bear arms for
security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose. [1995 J.R. 27, 1997 J.R. 21, vote November 1998]

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

WOW! Of course Article I sec 25 wasn't actually modified. My statement was in jest and a expression of disgust toward the legislature. A
constitutional amendment retraction or modification must go though a rigorous legislative gauntlet and be ratified by the voters. It can't be changed by legislative dictate. Didn't realize some of you were so gullible, sorry.

Boar:
Shall issue is a privilege given by the state that can be changed at will by legislative dictate. A constitutional amendment is a right endowed on the people by constitutional dictate. There is a distinct difference between a right and a privilege. I won't bore you with the details.

wild boar

saaaaaame old story, saaaaaame old song and daaaaaance my friends. everybody sing... The point I tried to make was this. Live a good life; or don't get caught, as I have, and your entitled to your rights. It's all in how you look at it. boar out.

Last edited: