• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

With respect to Television, I think the focus of the forum is clear.

since9

Campaign Veteran
It's not just about Open Carry, but about 2A, self defense, and most importantly, the proper, Constitutionally-based administration of justice.

In that regard, I've both de-railed Chicago Code, and now support Prime Suspect.

Dreamer

Every hour spent watching TV series is an hour NOT spent educating people about the 2A, interfacing with folks on the internet, contacting your "elected" representatives, or doing research into the law in your local jurisdiction.

Bread and circus, bread and circus. Let them eat cake...

Just sayin'...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Every hour spent watching TV series is an hour NOT spent educating people about the 2A, interfacing with folks on the internet, contacting your "elected" representatives, or doing research into the law in your local jurisdiction.

Not so. I multitask, posting here all the time, all while watching various Hulu and Netflix shows and movies, as well as DVD's and Blu-rays.

The wonders of a 24" widescreen monitor at 1920x1200 resolution... :)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Shows about cops on TV obfuscate the truth about real cops. If you want to witness what real cops really do or how they view 'X', may I suggest YouTube.

Sure, but a lot of the shows show the TV cops acting badly. Searching without warrants, beating up on people during interrogations, false arrests, etc. Oh, and everyone is always guilty. I'd say the biggest problem with these shows is brainwashing people into accepting that cops have more power than they are supposed to. The shows make people feel good about the rouge cop, abusing his authority to just "get the job done".

I can't even watch these stupid shows. Makes me disgusted just thinking about them.

Jack House

I remember one of the new cop shows had a veteran officer and rookie paired up and investigating some location. They didn't have a warrant and were too impatient to obtain one, so they both agreed that they heard a non existent scream to give themselves probable cause to enter. In the show, the rookie was not crazy about this idea, but it ended up helping the case. In the end, the rookie learned the valuable lesson that sometimes they have to break the law to catch the criminal. Oh the irony.

Posted using my HTC Evo

since9

Campaign Veteran
I am going to guess that he is saying that the show Prime Suspect does a better job of accurately displaying 2nd Amendment issues than the show Chicago Code.

Since,

Your post is a little vague, help us out here.

But... You nailed it! Exactly. Nice job!

Brass and Jack, as bad as some of the shows are, they at least try to get things right. Doesn't mean they succeed...

Most of the vids that end up going viral on YouTube, however, are the ones where things go very wrong. As such, while the event certainly happened in real life, it's not representative of law enforcement as a whole. Between a few (ahem!) speeding tickets in my younger years and interacting with LEOs on the same side of the law, I've yet to meet anyone even remotely resembling some of those in the YouTube videos.